hibs.net Messageboard

Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Did the huns cheat? Yes.

Do I care which of the old firm win the league or have most titles? No.

If the huns hadn't used EBTs would that have changed much for Hibs over that period? No.

Sorry, I just can't get into the same state as some over this.
    Did the Moors murderers kill children? Yes.

Did they kill mine? No.

Oh well, that's alright then.

(reductio ad abdsurdum but ... )

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: maxsharktooth
    Which they could have done without cheating given the amount of money they bring in compared to everyone else except Celtc.
    So they cheated to gain a sporting advantage in Europe, but only half-halfheartedly cheated in Scotland because they didn't really have to?

Which they could have done without cheating given the amount of money they bring in compared to everyone else except Celtc.
    Their cheating meant they could afford better players in greater numbers so that gives them an unfair advantage in every game, in every competition and against every club they play. A few Hibs players were enticed and were directly involved in the EBT scandal but the money they saved coz of cheating allowed them a better squad.

Of course they've always had more resources than just about anyone else in Scotland but their cheating added to that and made a difference to their results.

Quote Originally Posted by Deansy View Post
    It was Regan who came out with this 'Best legal advice' line and the apologists/corrupt & spineless have clung to it like a drowning-man to a life-raft ever since - taking the word of the man who, outside of David Murray, is hugely responsible for this mess in the first place !. Regan has proved he is NOT to be trusted and it won't be too much of a shock if Celtic now go it alone and find a lawyer with a completely different view than that of Regans and I sincerely hope they do so !. The Hun cheated - end of !
    It is unclear to me why our club had to say anything publically on the matter but the timing of this statement from Hibs/Petrie certainly seems to be designed to help out Regan who was starting to feel the pressure.

Against legal advice? And at what cost to the public purse?
    If the public purse needs to be used for a national scandal invloving our national sport then so be it. Its the only way this can end.

The legal advice was against putting up a case for the stripping of the Oldcos titles. I accept there is no case for that.

Questions need to asked about the two governing bodies that run the national sport. How did this happen? What questions were asked of Rangers at the time? What is put in place to stop this thing happening again? I am sure the list goes on.

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    Did the Moors murderers kill children? Yes.

Did they kill mine? No.

Oh well, that's alright then.

(reductio ad abdsurdum but ... )
    errorem scripsisse

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazyhorse View Post
    It is unclear to me why our club had to say anything publically on the matter but the timing of this statement from Hibs/Petrie certainly seems to be designed to help out Regan who was starting to feel the pressure.
    I think it was, in part, to support the fans' reps who had said that a statement was forthcoming. Hibs are pretty reactive to what is being said on social media.

@hibs.net private member
    Good statement by the board. Clearly the legal advice states nothing more can be done. Time to move on, I don't see the point in always looking backwards. Lots of clubs financially cheated in different ways but that does not mean they broke the rules of the league or SFA.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    Good statement by the board. Clearly the legal advice states nothing more can be done. Time to move on, I don't see the point in always looking backwards. Lots of clubs financially cheated in different ways but that does not mean they broke the rules of the league or SFA.
    That's true. However, The Old Thes had so-called "side letters" (have you heard of them?) which did break the rules.

And for all those who think looking back is wrong, do you ever look at photographs you've taken? In the past?

f,n joke of a statement from the club, very disappointed, lacks leadership and balls to stand up to a corrupt system.seems sporting integrity is indeed dead, well done Hibs on letting yourselves down.
    GUTLESS SPINELESS *******S

Thats exactly why the call is for an Independent Enquiry.
    It sets the record straight. It then allows everyone to move on

I've seen similar stuff in the workplace where independent investigations were dodged. One sure way to ensure bad feeling continues for a long time!

They did break the rules though you do know that right? They folded and changed their name, they started again because they got caught cheating but then claimed all the history back.

Hopefully this isn't new to you?

Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    f,n joke of a statement from the club, very disappointed, lacks leadership and balls to stand up to a corrupt system.seems sporting integrity is indeed dead, well done Hibs on letting yourselves down.
    GUTLESS SPINELESS *******S
    Whether you agree with the board or not putting out a statement they know will make a large chunk of the punters go banzai is neither gutless or spineless.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Clash View Post
    Their cheating meant they could afford better players in greater numbers so that gives them an unfair advantage in every game, in every competition and against every club they play. A few Hibs players were enticed and were directly involved in the EBT scandal but the money they saved coz of cheating allowed them a better squad.

Of course they've always had more resources than just about anyone else in Scotland but their cheating added to that and made a difference to their results.

That is only part of the tilted playing field that is Scottish football.

Add to the mix ...
    1) the all-to-often blatant bias shown by refs and linesmen
    2) preferable treatment to the big two when handing out punishments
    3) the timing of dealing with sendings off
    4) international team selections (OF players picked just because they are)
    5) distribution of monies
    6) the convenient absence of selected controversial decisions on TV highlights, etc.

Feel free to add more - I'm sure there are many.

The RFC EBT is but a small wedge in the Scottish Football corruption pie.

Why even come out with a statement that, surely the board knew, would be so controversial. Can't see Dundee I.c.t or Partick making Statements.

Quote Originally Posted by carnoustiehibee View Post
    Why even come out with a statement that, surely the board knew, would be so controversial. Can't see Dundee I.c.t or Partick making Statements.
    I think they came out with a statement because we asked them to. I suppose they deserve a little credit for letting us know where the club stands even if it is absolutely gutting that the club stands for turning a blind eye to weak and corrupt governance and letting cheats proclaim themselves winners.

Just read the statement this morning and I have to say i'm really, really disappointed in our board. Our club don't support a review in to how oldco managed to cheat us year after year after year? Mind boggling.

It's so far from what the majority of fans want that it reminds me of the statement petrie put out after we were relegated by Hamilton. This undoes a fair bit of the good work the board has done over the last 2/3 years for me. Our board have shat it here.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Whether you agree with the board or not putting out a statement they know will make a large chunk of the punters go banzai is neither gutless or spineless.
    Making the statement maybe isn't. Their stance is both gutless and spineless, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Franck View Post
    Making the statement maybe isn't. Their stance is both gutless and spineless, though.
    That's your opinion. Not having seen all the relevant documentation I am unable to agree or disagree with any certainty.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by carnoustiehibee View Post
    Hibs made a statement because I a lot of fans demanded one....even if the content wasn't what some wanted.

Lack of statements/comment by other clubs could imply a lot.

Regan stated yesterday that he asked all SFA clubs (many more than the 42 in the SPFL) for feedback and - except Celtics letter - he received no emails, no letters, no phone calls.

I wonder if Doncaster and Lawell have made a lot of assumptions here?

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Have to say I'm with the majority opinion on the thread: I feel we've been sold out here. The issue we have is one of sporting integrity: for years football fans the length of breadth of Scotland were putting money into the national game, whilst at the same time the competition was loaded, having been corrupted by one club.

I'm afraid the statement from the club doesn't cut it. Saying let's concentrate on Hibs doesn't resolve the issue of cheating. Why can't we concentrate on both simultaneously? Why can't we get the bottom of the side letters, for example?

No, we can't have a whitewash here. Scottish football needs the stain of corruption removing; we all need the truth. Having being cheated by Rangers, let's not cheat ourselves.

Very unhappy.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    From this to cowardice! Sporting Integrity? Sure!

hfc2012.jpg

First Team Regular Basildon Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Hibs made a statement because I a lot of fans demanded one....even if the content wasn't what some wanted.

Lack of statements/comment by other clubs could imply a lot.

Regan stated yesterday that he asked all SFA clubs (many more than the 42 in the SPFL) for feedback and - except Celtics letter - he received no emails, no letters, no phone calls.

I wonder if Doncaster and Lawell have made a lot of assumptions here?

'Regan stated yesterday that he asked all SFA clubs (many more than the 42 in the SPFL) for feedback and - except Celtics letter - he received no emails, no letters, no phone calls.'

That doesn't mean to say that there won't be e-mails, letters forthcoming.... There's still time.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    [/B]

That is only part of the tilted playing field that is Scottish football.

Add to the mix ...
    1) the all-to-often blatant bias shown by refs and linesmen
    2) preferable treatment to the big two when handing out punishments
    3) the timing of dealing with sendings off
    4) international team selections (OF players picked just because they are)
    5) distribution of monies
    6) the convenient absence of selected controversial decisions on TV highlights, etc.

Feel free to add more - I'm sure there are many.

The RFC EBT is but a small wedge in the Scottish Football corruption pie.
    Two things about the LNS report stand out for me as particularly corrupt. The first is about 'no sporting advantage' being obtained and the second is the phrase 'imperfectly registered players'. The 'no sporting advantage' blah was, even at the time, absurd, laughable. Since then Murray and McLeish (I think) have confirmed that The Old Thes signed players they wouldn't otherwise have been able to afford. And using 'imperfect' to describe the players' registration suggested that the registration was nearly perfect - if flawed then only in some minor, trivial detail. The correct phrase would have been 'improperly registered'. Not only not quite perfect, but in fact totally improper and as clear a breach of the rules as was imaginable.

Quote Originally Posted by celtic1888 View Post
    I was working at last year's Scottish cup semi final and on my way home after it I heard Go On Hone British Soldiers. I turned around expecting to see some wayward Celts but nup, there was half a dozen young Hibs fans giving it laldy.
    I actually worked both semis and the bassas put me in the hun end for our game. I was showering for a week ffs lol
    If you have read this thread you will know most Hibs fans don't agree with our boards statement, but what they do they do for the good of Hibernian FC and for the game as they see it, rightly or wrongly .... in this case wrongly as most of us see it.
    Celtic have a clear interest in this issue compared to every other club because they have most to gain, I'm willing to bet sporting integrity is a poor second to getting one over The Rangers in this instance, look at the reaction to Hibs statement on here, Celtic wouldn't dare come out with similar, even if they did think it was the thing to do, coz the crowd at Parkhead wouldn't be able to watch the game for the blizzard of protest banners put up by the 'green brigade'

You have already made your view clear on previous posts that you now see this as a Celtic crusade that clubs have to choose to support or not, and here's me thinking it was about the whole of Scottish football, not just Celtic v Rangers ...... and by the way, if you think making stuff up about the Hibs support is going to get folk onside you are way off base, most of us may be prepared to concede that Celtic are a more palatable institution than the Rangers, but only in the sense of who would you rather let into you house, the guy who is going to steal your telly or the guy who is going to steal £20 from your wallet?

@hibs.net private member Radium's Avatar

Official Site: CLUB STATEMENT | EBT REVIEW

Quote Originally Posted by SunshineOnLeith View Post
    I'm absolutely loving the 'the story was leaked to board-friendly Hibs.net posters weeks ago' line.

This place is brilliant entertainment at times.
    Given the number of leaks that have appeared over the years in relation to transfers, I don't think that it is beyond the realm of possibility that some on this board had a fair inkling of how the clubs board were going to play this.

A concerted media campaign on .net, maybe not. I've always thought that opinions naturally separate on message boards which is all that has happened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is it the case that Hibs are against re-examining the breaking of the rules, but are happy for an investigation into the handling of the whole affair, e.g. whether deliberately misleading information was given and was there a cover up?

Quote Originally Posted by High-On-Hibs View Post
    I agree with him. There has been co-ordinated "move on" rhetoric over the past few weeks and judging by the posters who started pushing this, they would have already known what the release statement was going to be well in advance. It was a clear attempt to try and tame the inevitable backlash for when the statement became public.

I'll no doubt get the typical "tin foil hat" responses from the very people who did co-ordinate this.
    That's an incredible allegation.

Just to be clear you are suggesting the club has actively briefed individual fans or groups to follow a set rhetoric and dismiss criticism of the statement in a coordinated manner? Even by your standards that's absolutely ****ing bonkers.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    I'm of the move on from the sorry episode chain of thought. I'm sick of the whole thing and if I hear EBT again I think I'll explode . It seems the board were thinking along the same lines as me and a good few others. The club can't please everyone.
    Well said Dom, we are Hibs. sod the rest, onwards and upwards GGTTH.

Quote Originally Posted by High-On-Hibs View Post
    I'll no doubt get the typical "tin foil hat" responses from the very people who did co-ordinate this.