hibs.net Messageboard

Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by southern hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm actually now beginning to wonder how much influence from outside the game there actually is. Has any sponsorship proposal got some clause in it reference The Rangers and bringing this to a head? Could this be the reason that Hibs and Aberdeen are wanting it swept under the carpet?

Could it be a case of look if we bring this repeatedly up ( sky, BT Sports etc only using these as an example) don't want to offer us such a contract, however this is on the table at present if we roll over and let the Hun hoards away with daylight robbery?

Hibs have built so many bridges with the fans over the last 3 years and reading some of the fans views on here a lot have now turned on the board. I'm in the corner of there should be an independent review and see what they say. However I will never ever loose the love of my club over this but I'm now feeling like the board has made a decision that they did without at least asking the supporters to voice an opinion first about how they felt.

GGTTH
    I hadn't thought about that but it is one of the few things that make sense to me in this case.
    I seen to recall that we somehow ended up with a TV deal that guaranteed OF games (thus causing a major problem if either were not in the SPL) so we have got previous for it.

Basically the whole of Scottish football now seems to act as an association of businesses looking out for the bottom line only. That's OK if you are a straightforward business but we're primarily sporting institutions. As soon as we sacrifice any single amount of sporting integrity for any amount of cash then we're totally lost.

Imagine if the BBC said they would pay top dollar for Olympic coverage but only if they were guaranteed that Bolt would be in the men's 100m final.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member The Modfather's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    Did the huns cheat? Yes.

Do I care which of the old firm win the league or have most titles? No.

If the huns hadn't used EBTs would that have changed much for Hibs over that period? No.

Sorry, I just can't get into the same state as some over this.
    Do I care about titles being stripped? Not particularly.

Do I have any faith in the integrity or ability of the SFA? Absolutely not.

I want an investigation to get to the bottom of who knew what and who did what. I fully believe the SFA is as corrupt/rigged as they are incompetent.

Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    Don't think you understand.

The SPFL canvassed the clubs, and took forward the majority view. Why should the clubs come out individually, when their body is speaking for them?

At least 21 of them are on "your side".
    So where are they? The silence is deafening

Quote Originally Posted by celtic1888 View Post
    It looks like Celtic are on our own here, shocking but not surprising tbh
    Still waiting for you and your twin across the other side of Glasgow to **** off to the Atlantic League or England or Ireland or wherever you want to hawk your joined at the hip, hatred filled, Sectarian product at the first sign of some money being waved in your direction...like a couple of cheap tarts willing to drop their knickers to the first league that pays you some interest.

So don't you come in here with your holier than thou attitude as you support one of the two parasitic teams that have been feasting and sucking the life out of the Scottish game for decades.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Read my post again

The SPFL has spoken for them.

Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    Still waiting for you and your twin across the other side of Glasgow to **** off to the Atlantic League or England or Ireland or wherever you want to hawk your joined at the hip, hatred filled, Sectarian product at the first sign of some money being waved in your direction...like a couple of cheap tarts willing to drop their knickers to the first league that pays you some interest.

So don't you come in here with your holier than thou attitude as you support one of the two parasitic teams that have been feasting and sucking the life out of the Scottish game for decades.
    In what way are Celtic sectarian? I don't recall any anti protestant songs at Parkhead

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    You want an enquiry, they want an enquiry.

Straightforward really.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

It looks like Celtic are on our own here, shocking but not surprising tbh
    Only at board level.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    In what way are Celtic sectarian? I don't recall any anti protestant songs at Parkhead
    Maybe not defined as Sectarian but disrupting a minutes silence at Parkhead for the victims of an IRA bombing is pretty ****my.

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    You want an enquiry, they want an enquiry.

Straightforward really.

They're individually stating that they don't though. Aberdeen, Killie, Hibs...lets move on I'd recall every player on loan, refuse future loan deals and boycott those clubs if I could. No offence intended btw as I know a few Hibs fans who are are as pissed off as I am lol

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Did the huns cheat? Yes.

If the huns hadn't used EBTs would that have changed much for Hibs over that period? No.
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Said Frank View Post
    Do I care about titles being stripped? Not particularly.

Has it become fashionable to ask a question about your own views and then answer it straightaway? Yes.
    Does it make any more sense than just stating your views? No.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    They're individually stating that they don't though. Aberdeen, Killie, Hibs...lets move on I'd recall every player on loan, refuse future loan deals and boycott those clubs if I could. No offence intended btw as I know a few Hibs fans who are are as pissed off as I am lol
    I'm one of the pissed off Hibs fans.

The separate debate is what the member clubs of the SPFL want, they deal through their board and in dealing with the team formerly known as Glasgow rangers probably rightly prefer the collective approach.

The SPFL member clubs have voted to support an enquiry.

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Did the huns cheat? Yes.

Sorry, I just can't get into the same state as some over this.

Their cheating has a knock on effect that hits everyone.

Points gained unfairly against all teams could have made the difference of avoiding relegation for some teams or maybe qualifying for Europe.

Cheating could have cost us and others progress in Cups. We maybe missed trips to Hampden and potentially winning silverware coz of their cheating.

Their cheating helped them afford more better quality players . What about their signing of Latapy, Whitaker, Murray, Thomson? Course it had a knock on effect with us! They were able to afford Alex Mcleish at a time when he was doing good stuff at Easter Road.

I do understand why people dont care no matter what happens and prefer to do nothing . I had mates who couldn't be arsed protesting against the poll tax for example. I'm just glad there was enough of us who decided that doing nothing wasn't an option!

Bash on, Hibs and Kilmarnock have a grand total of 0 players on loan from Celtic. If you recall Christie from Aberdeen that will benefit us as it weakens one of our rivals.

First Team Breakthrough Dobosz83's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Dobosz1983
    Very disappointed in the statement. Left me feeling a bit hollow last night...

The issue is not about stripping titles and 'punishing' Rangers further. I honestly couldn't care about that aspect.

For me this is about transparency and ensuring that the people running the game on the 6th floor of Hampden will do so fairly and can be trusted. The way the saga unfolded 5 years ago posed a lot of questions about the way our governing body operate. An independent review of what went on might shine a torch in some dark places...

For me, this was needed to rebuild trust and move on. Not turning a blind eye and misdirecting the point of it being about Rangers titles.
    Last edited by Dobosz83; 12-09-2017 at 09:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CapitalGreen View Post
    Maybe not defined as Sectarian but disrupting a minutes silence at Parkhead for the victims of an IRA bombing is pretty ****my.
    I was working at last year's Scottish cup semi final and on my way home after it I heard Go On Hone British Soldiers. I turned around expecting to see some wayward Celts but nup, there was half a dozen young Hibs fans giving it laldy.
    I actually worked both semis and the bassas put me in the hun end for our game. I was showering for a week ffs lol

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    I was working at last year's Scottish cup semi final and on my way home after it I heard Go On Hone British Soldiers. I turned around expecting to see some wayward Celts but nup, there was half a dozen young Hibs fans giving it laldy.
    I actually worked both semis and the bassas put me in the hun end for our game. I was showering for a week ffs lol
    Be honest you made that up.

I was showering
    Now I know you're trolling.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    Has it become fashionable to ask a question about your own views and then answer it straightaway? Yes.
    Does it make any more sense than just stating your views? No.

Sorry I'm reverting to type here.

Anyone who's been involved in committees or boards knows that when voting on anything, and especially sensitive issues, you generally have to ask yourself the specific question and be clear of the answer in your own head before you can vote properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    Be honest you made that up.
    Nope lol I was surprised as well as I thought u were as hunnish as hearts until that point haha kidding btw

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Right Said Frank View Post

I want an investigation to get to the bottom of who knew what and who did what. I fully believe the SFA is as corrupt/rigged as they are incompetent.
    Is our Cup win tainted by corruption? Has there been suggestion anywhere that Rangers have been cheating since they were liquidated?

This is all to do with historical stuff as far as I can see. The game has moved on these past 5 years.

As for who who did what and when, I doubt anyone will be satisfied until Petrie, Doncaster and Regan are removed from their posts. If this doesn't suffice then maybe a short custodial sentence will finally see the end of it?!

Now I know you're trolling.
    I like at least one every other month

Nope lol I was surprised as well as I thought u were as burnish as hearts until that point haha kidding btw
    Any chance you can translate this into the Queen's English so we can understand it?

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Clash View Post

Points gained unfairly against all teams could have made the difference of avoiding relegation for some teams or maybe qualifying for Europe.

Cheating could have cost us and others progress in Cups. We maybe missed trips to Hampden and potentially winning silverware coz of their cheating.

Their cheating helped them afford more better quality players . What about their signing of Latapy, Whitaker, Murray, Thomson? Course it had a knock on effect with us! They were able to afford Alex Mcleish at a time when he was doing good stuff at Easter Road.

I do understand why people dont care no matter what happens and prefer to do nothing . I had mates who couldn't be arsed protesting against the poll tax for example. I'm just glad there was enough of us who decided that doing nothing wasn't an option!
    But even without their cheating and even if they hadn't lived beyong their means, they would still have had financial clout far in excess of anyone in Scotland except Celtic.

They didn't do the EBT stuff and overspend to win things in Scotland - they were trying to stay competetive in Europe where the real money is.

Any chance you can translate this into the Queen's English so we can understand it?
    ******g predictive text lol

@hibs.net private member
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: maxsharktooth
    But even without their cheating and even if they hadn't lived beyong their means, they would still have had financial clout far in excess of anyone in Scotland except Celtic.

They didn't do the EBT stuff and overspend to win things in Scotland - they were trying to stay competetive in Europe where the real money is.
    But to get into Europe in the first place they had to win things in Scotland surely?

Quote Originally Posted by 1875godsgift View Post
    But to get into Europe in the first place they had to win things in Scotland surely?
    Which they could have done without cheating given the amount of money they bring in compared to everyone else except Celtc.

Quote Originally Posted by 660 View Post
    Yeah, some of the comments from those most enthusiastic about all this make you question their sanity and judgement, to be honest.
    There is a hell of a lot of playing men-not-balls going on from the 10% who support this decision. The rest of us are presumably not sufficiently blessed with your levels of perspicacity.

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Can't excuse that as what if it cost us a place where the real money is made? definitely the top is true.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Clash View Post

Did Hearts not benefit in all the same ways with their cheating?

They had players they couldn't afford. They couldn't honour contracts, weren't paying for **** all. Deliberately concealed their affairs, dodged tax, signed players ahead of us. They gained a sporting advantage with financial doping. That cost hibs more than whay Rangers cheating did.

Not that I'm disagreeing with the post I'm replying too!