hibs.net Messageboard

Page 14 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
    Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Essex the Hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Well the club should've kept quiet and not make a statement indicating that it condones cheating at the highest level.
    Missed that bit of the statement, can you point me to it?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by FiremanBam View Post
    You seem familiar ?
    Whats does that mean? Great 2nd post btw

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    I'm sure you're correct, and they're just getting on with the day job.

Let's try and keep this on track though.

This is arguably Scotland's national sport. The integrity of the game is in question. There appear to have been all sorts of tax irregularities, a rigged system going back years in a commercially competitive context, a regulator that isn't worth the name, members of the public paying money in good faith and a serious question mark as to the nature of the game's transparency and validity going forward.

And the Scottish Government has absolutely nothing to say about it? I'd say asking why not is exactly on track.

In almost any other context they would be all over it. After the cup final when our fans were being defamed by the media they were all over it calling for full investigations. The reek from this whole rotten episode is overwhelming, but they have nothing to say and no concerns to voice?

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by inglisavhibs View Post
    How do you know what the fans think, we have around 8 family members all staunch supporters and none of them agree with you. In truth you have no idea what the consensus is. There is the chance of course that excellent people like Leanne Dempster might just wonder why she works for Hibs and look for a new job. Any disruption over this will not be good for our club.
    You have no idea what the consensus is either - congratulations on 8 family members that agree with you though! The point I'm making is fans should have been approached.

The end part is pretty ludicrous, are you saying we need to get over it or we may lose Leeann Dempster? If that's the case I'm done with football - my views of football and Hibs are never to ensure the club retain a member of staff no matter how good they are. They are my own and I will decide what I think and won't be held to Ransome regarding them...

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Do you not think that one of the reasons Lennon just signed a new contract was the people he was working for.?Many on here want rid of the very people who have helped turn the club around (along with our great fans)
    People are pointing to fans reps. You seem to be twisting it in to Leeann Dempster and everyone else at the club. Fans reps should attempt to get some sort consensus from fans before voting on something like this regardless of how difficult that might be. No such attempt seems to have been made, hence why people say it is a pointless position. Representative is the key word...

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    It really wouldn't surprise me if they were up to there necks in it already, dodgy owner, money being spent on players that they probably can't afford, (unless the lying King got that treasure chest open) court case after court case, witnesses blatantly lying under oath to save there own skin, most still in jobs in Scottish football.

We still see the cheating going on, how many times did Big Marvin have red cards rescinded last season where we had to play out games with 10 men, there was a thread on the MB last season about refs blatantly cheating, I disagreed that refs cheat and are just really not good at the jobs they do, but you look back over the years where we have seen players being sent of for nothing against the ugly sisters and seen blatant assaults by ugly sister players on other teams players where only a talking to from the ref and a pat on the backside is suffice, and it will keep on continuing because no one will go against the 2 major cartels from the West, I see that the the compliance officer hasn't decided to charge Scott Brown for his blatant snidey kick to the head on a Hamilton player on Friday night, had that been a non old firm player he would be getting dragged over the coals and be hammered by the CO.
    Easy SH, the Compliance Officer has enough on his plate right now (apparently) looking into the UEFA License granted to Rangers in 2011.......probably succulent lamb in mint sauce

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    This is arguably Scotland's national sport. The integrity of the game is in question. There appear to have been all sorts of tax irregularities, a rigged system going back years in a commercially competitive context, a regulator that isn't worth the name, members of the public paying money in good faith and a serious question mark as to the nature of the game's transparency and validity going forward.

And the Scottish Government has absolutely nothing to say about it? I'd say asking why not is exactly on track.

In almost any other context they would be all over it. After the cup final when our fans were being defamed by the media they were all over it calling for full investigations. The reek from this whole rotten episode is overwhelming, but they have nothing to say and no concerns to voice?
    I'm sure they've had the SFA in a number of times. Strict Liability was proffered at some time, but I'm sure they'll be monitoring events, just like the club will be monitoring this thread.

The integrity of the game has been in question for some time, or have you not heard the Billy boys sung since you were a lad?

I've got to admit I'm a bit gobsmacked by our stance on this.

The wording of that statement is really weird claiming the Board were so busy with transfer stuff they couldn't get a statement out!! That just doesn't ring true.

Also , if it's been discussed at successive board meetings and a unanimous decision reached then I'm disappointed our reps haven't taken soundings before agreeing to let the Paris buns get away with cheating without holding an independent enquiry . I've always supported having supporters' reps coz they give us a voice in the boardroom so I think it's necessary for Tracey and Frank to explain what happened. It's clear many of us feel our views have been ignored so if that's not the case then we should know what's happened.

Left by mutual consent!
    Any The Rangers fans will do well to remember we cannot strip the club you watch now as they only have a few lower league titles and a petrofac cup.

That other abomination will needs exhumed and a new autopsy. Your 54 or 55 league wins club is deid.

Left by mutual consent!
    Honestly, how can we move forward, when we just accept more of the past? If someone can answer that one for me, i'll shut up for the next several weeks.

@hibs.net private member CapitalGreen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post

What type of action would you like the Scottish Government take which would not risk breaching FIFA's rules on government interference?

Disgrace

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Club Statement/EBT Review

Can't state strongly enough how desperately disappointed I am in the club's statement. The proposed inquiry is fundamentally about how the SFA has handled it's responsibilities and it's fair application of the rules. On this point I think Rod Petrie should have had no vote given his involvement. I am not pre judging him in this respect.
    I believe that such an enquiry should be independent and I am happy to contribute to any crowdfunded arrangement.
    There have been many squirrels deliberately set loose in the past week to deflect the issue of the SFA's competence. They say they have put in place changes but have failed to deal with many questions raised by the Supreme Courts decision and the Craig Whyte trial. How can we have any faith in such an organisation that will not open it's self to scrutiny?
    I applauded the Dons supporters for making it clear they did not agree with their chairman. I believe we should also make it clear we do not support the stance taken by our board.
    I will continue to support the team on the pitch despite my dissatisfaction with the boards statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    Interesting to see if this will effect anyone's willingness to attend games?
    It shouldn't if you support the club

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Aye let's just get rid of Rod, Leanne, the rest of the board and lets throw in Lennon as well. Great stuff

I wonder what Lennon's thoughts will be on this saga when asked (and he will be asked due to his time at Celtc ) when he does the press conference for this weekends game, could be interesting as I'm sure he won't be censored by the club on what his thoughts are on this matter.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    I wonder what Lennon's thoughts will be on this saga when asked (and he will be asked due to his time at Celtc ) when he does the press conference for this weekends game, could be interesting as I'm sure he won't be censored by the club on what his thoughts are on this matter.
    Good thing they secured that 3 year contract before coming out with the statement.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Clash View Post
    I've got to admit I'm a bit gobsmacked by our stance on this.

The wording of that statement is really weird claiming the Board were so busy with transfer stuff they couldn't get a statement out!! That just doesn't ring true.

Also , if it's been discussed at successive board meetings and a unanimous decision reached then I'm disappointed our reps haven't taken soundings before agreeing to let the Paris buns get away with cheating without holding an independent enquiry . I've always supported having supporters' reps coz they give us a voice in the boardroom so I think it's necessary for Tracey and Frank to explain what happened. It's clear many of us feel our views have been ignored so if that's not the case then we should know what's happened.
    Tracey and Frank haha laughable any question towards them to explain what happened will be completely dismissed by both of them ....

Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post
    Not sure why fans reps are getting it tight when none of you know what was said at board meetings.

I'd imagine once vote is taken then a unanimous 'stance' is taken. No point in saying a majority of the board decided.
    what kind of stance are you reffering to? have you ever attended a meeting of any kind, in your life? ever watched a court room drama? ever been on a jury? unanimous means one thing and only one thing. everyone at the meeting Agreed. !!!

Testimonial Due
    How do you know what the fans think, we have around 8 family members all staunch supporters and none of them agree with you. In truth you have no idea what the consensus is. There is the chance of course that excellent people like Leanne Dempster might just wonder why she works for Hibs and look for a new job. Any disruption over this will not be good for our club.
    That you Rod.

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    That's a ridiculous response, to be honest. Folk are allowed to disagree without a conspiracy theory emerging.
    it may seem that, to you. others have opinions though, and I detect a certain vane of usual suspects when it comes to all things are good from Hibernian fc garden

So Hibs have taken the very same stance as Aberdeen then? It will only be Celtic that want all this dragged up again.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    So Hibs have taken the very same stance as Aberdeen then? It will only be Celtic that want all this dragged up again.
    Could give a toss about either Aberdeen or Celtic thanks.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    it may seem that, to you. others have opinions though, and I detect a certain vane of usual suspects when it comes to all things are good from Hibernian fc garden
    Really? There's disagreeing then there's calling out those that disagree as being a concerted effort to silence the complainants, which is mental.

Who are these usual suspects?
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

It won't only be Celtic as they will have the full support of about 85% of Hibs fans and fans of all the other clubs as well.

Left by mutual consent!
    Drag what up again? The Rangers are a club that formed in 2012 who's only piece of silverware is the Petrofac Cup. There would be nothing to drag up if it was simply left at that. But oh no, they must have all the tainted "achievements" of a previous club while accepting none of the responsibility for the persistent cheating.

Sweep it under the carpet in your own mind if you wish. But don't tell other people to do the same.

For the record, couldn't give a monkeys what Aberdeen or Celtic fans thought. It's our own clubs stance that matters to me.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Really? There's disagreeing then there's calling out those that disagree as being a concerted effort to silence the complainants, which is mental.

Who are these usual suspects?
    Keyser Soze is allegedly the mob boss.

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    I would hope at some point that supporters associations run a ballot and are able to put out a statement indicating the majority of members do not agree with the club's stance on this.

The fallout from this already is not good and I think the board have seriously misjudged the groundswell of fans opinions regarding Rangers cheating and the authorities complicity in it.
    Last edited by Baader; 11-09-2017 at 11:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JimboHibs View Post
    Tracey and Frank haha laughable any question towards them to explain what happened will be completely dismissed by both of them ....
    I really hope your wrong mate. Both our reps have been elected and as such have responsibilities to communicate to the support. If you are right and they don't then they will damage a lot of faith in what's I still think is a worthy initiatives. So come on Tracey and Frank - we need to hear from you.