hibs.net Messageboard

Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To be fair to the reps - just look at the polarisation of the opinions of the fans. How on Earth were they expected to get consensus?

The only way they would be true representative of us would be if Tracey went in representing the hunslayers and Frank went in with the appeasement brigade.

There is no middle ground, or consensus.
    That is fair but they still needed to consult. If they were in on the vote, they have essentially voted personally and not reflective of any fans group (unless I'm mistaken). Have a vote on a webpage which says Aye Maybes Naw and ask fans to vote then take the results to board. Hardly rocket science.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by RMQ1967 View Post
    My point all along has been that 10 or 15 years on it's really no punishment at all to strip titles (assuming you believe the current club are the same entity that won the titles). The trophies have been lifted, the medals given out, the celebrations are a memory and I don't need a stupid inquiry to know that they cheated the system.

I also know that stripping titles won't make a jot of difference to my life or to Hibs and the only club that will benefit in terms of bragging rights will be smelic.
    What do you think of our authorities' suitability to govern?

What is the state of play of governance in Scottish football?

Do you feel competition is fair in Scottish football?

Are you comfortable that your club has the same set of rules applied to it as the rules apply to all other member clubs?

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Doncaster says his letter to the SFA was supported by all the SPFL clubs.

Aberdeen, Rangers, Kilmarnock and now us have said we don't support the idea of the review yet all of a sudden Doncaster is the beacon of truth and transparency?

We need an enquiry!
    He didn't. He said that it was sent on behalf of the 42 member clubs, who are his employers after all. A simple majority of them would be authority for him to send it.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser1962 View Post
    Dont disagree but the difference with the Rangers use of the system was that they used the side letters and concealed them. Might be why HMRC picked them out. Who knows?
    Absolutely why HMRC went after them. The Huns kept the letters hidden precisely because they knew they blew an almighty hole in their non contractual payments baloney. They were discovered by police investigating dodgy transfer activity (Boumsong iirc).

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Media are going to have a field day with Hibs statement. All I say is .. not in my name. Support the team ... but not Hibs capitulation or collusion with the SFA on this issue. Shameful.
    ......or Onion, they could really invest time investigating the SFA, The Rangers saga and governance issues.................too busy doing podcasts about Lennon gestures though or talking drivel on Sportsound or Off The Ball

Maybe they should do what they get paid to do and really investigate the issues that are the talking point of Scottish football ?

Did Aberdeen not come out and say they were for moving on ? Media had a field day with Milne and Co eh (not).......media don't give a toss about this saga bud.

Quote Originally Posted by High-On-Hibs View Post
    How many times does it have to be said? They aren't being "stripped" of anything, as they haven't won anything. They claim themselves to be a new club, totally absolved from any of the wrong doings of the previous club. So what titles are there to be stripped away?
    Spot on!

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    He didn't. He said that it was sent on behalf of the 42 member clubs, who are his employers after all. A simple majority of them would be authority for him to send it.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk
    See, a nice simple answer to a question and a whole enquiry has been avoided!

Now if only....

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    Absolutely gutted with that statement from our club. When it comes to Rangers, old or new, we seem to be able to find a broom large enough to fix their cheating.

We're still waiting for the outcome of Leeann's investigation into the Ibrox debacle. Another thing swept under the carpet.

Whatever happened to "sporting integrity", and how do we know it won't/can't happen again.

For all we know, the new huns could be handing out brown envelopes again.

It's staggering that after a largely harmless cup final pitch invasion (which was contained within the stadium) the Scottish Government Justice Minister felt moved to make a public statement and yet on this, which affects the integrity of the entirety of Scottish football, the Scottish Government has - as far as I am aware - made no comment whatsoever.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by andyf5 View Post
    I'm content to move on. The board made a statement in the best interests of this club in my opinion. No-one co-ordinated me in this response It's just what I think and I'm allowed to disagree with you (respectfully). I think it's interesting when the statement used the words the "unanimous view of the board" because that suggests to me some folk on the board disagreed but they are being reminded of collective responsibility. It wouldn't be a surprise to find the board split on opinion - a bit like us.
    I could accept peoples disagreement if I knew why. A lot of people who agree with your view say that it's in the best interests of our club, but fail to state how that actually is. I don't see how this is good for our club at all. It's just a return of more of the same. More of the same has never been good for our club. We have suffered in the past as a result of this and we will continue to suffer well into the future, as absolutely nothing has changed.

If i'm wrong, then please explain why you think i'm wrong and how this is actually a good thing for our club. Because I just don't see how it is.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    Same. I really couldn't care less.
    You seem familiar ?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Eaststandee View Post
    "working to ensure that in the future our game is fairer and more open"

This decision does the complete opposite of that.

*Sweep, Sweep*

A strange remark to make from Hibs suggesting fairness in future without making sure the past is seen to fully and correctly.

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    What a pathetic, snivelling, arrogant thing to say. Anybody who takes an interest in the club has a right to post on here, regardless of how much each individual gives the club at any given time. For all you know, that poster has contributed far more to the club coughers than you ever will.
    Thank you 👍

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    When do we get to start speculating that Doncaster sent that letter on behalf of no one else bar Celtic?

Will we then be on the correct side of the argument?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    It's staggering that after a largely harmless cup final pitch invasion (which was contained within the stadium) the Scottish Government Justice Minister felt moved to make a public statement and yet on this, which affects the integrity of the entirety of Scottish football, the Scottish Government has - as far as I am aware - made no comment whatsoever.
    I'm sure you're correct, and they're just getting on with the day job.

Let's try and keep this on track though.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by RMQ1967 View Post
    My point all along has been that 10 or 15 years on it's really no punishment at all to strip titles (assuming you believe the current club are the same entity that won the titles). The trophies have been lifted, the medals given out, the celebrations are a memory and I don't need a stupid inquiry to know that they cheated the system.

I also know that stripping titles won't make a jot of difference to my life or to Hibs and the only club that will benefit in terms of bragging rights will be smelic.
    I understand where people are coming from with the move-on approach. As what is the point of wasting money on a further inquiry as the chances are it would be another establishment lackey undertaking the review and would probably not result in any change.

However I don't think the governing bodies have changed one bit since 10-15 years and therefore there is nothing to stop them doing it again. So even if there is only a slender chance that an inquiry would bring wholesale changes and a blot in the history books against the titles one by cheating, then it would be worth pursuing.

You only need to have a look at how the sevconians are reacting on social media tonight to see how gutting it is that it is our board who have been some of the first to throw in the towel.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by SRH View Post
    Yup, they should be removed with immediate effect. They clearly have a very loose interpretation of what 'rep' entails.
    What do you think it does it entail exactly? It seems to me that however poor the statement the Reps were always in the impossible position of trying to satisfy a range of differing views.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Lennon makes a gesture to The Rangers fans and police involved. The Rangers and Hibs fans get into a scuffle and an inquiry lasts for 12months + media coverage mainly criticising Hibs fans. The Rangers cheat to qualify for Europe and win titles...time to move on and not look at what happened and the how's and why's. The Rangers and Celtics incessant Sectarian chants being sung week in week out, not news worthy and best left alone, time to move on. Forget The Rangers and EBT, Scottish football has a plethora of brooms and many gifted sweepers.

Football is dying here and this "things are looking up" is honestly something we've seen before. The core issues in our game and society have not been fixed. And with current temperament will never be fixed.

Scottish football is an alcoholic who drowns his sorrows to forget what he did in the past and drinks profusely in order to salivate ideas of a grand future.

@hibs.net private member Green Badger's Avatar
    I could accept peoples disagreement if I knew why. A lot of people who agree with your view say that it's in the best interests of our club, but fail to state how that actually is. I don't see how this is good for our club at all. It's just a return of more of the same. More of the same has never been good for our club. We have suffered in the past as a result of this and we will continue to suffer well into the future, as absolutely nothing has changed.

If i'm wrong, then please explain why you think i'm wrong and how this is actually a good thing for our club. Because I just don't see how it is.
    Agree 100%. This isn't moving on, it's going back. The huge frustration is there could have been an opportunity for our club to support real change in Scottish football, but they took the opposite path which I find massivley disappointing.

First Team Regular
    Things weren't helped by a clown in the legal judgement (was that Nimmo?) saying; yes sevco broke the rules but did not gain a sporting advantage from it!!!! Possibly the most imbecilic statement I have ever heard uttered.
    Last edited by Criswell; 11-09-2017 at 10:29 PM.

Gamer IDs

I agree with him. There has been co-ordinated "move on" rhetoric over the past few weeks and judging by the posters who started pushing this, they would have already known what the release statement was going to be well in advance. It was a clear attempt to try and tame the inevitable backlash for when the statement became public.

I'll no doubt get the typical "tin foil hat" responses from the very people who did co-ordinate this.

No seriously, can someone tell me where and when the next meeting of the secret co-ordination group is?

I understood the rules had changed so this can't happen again in the future. My interpretation is the board are saying on balance there is little legal prospect of catching them out on something, they do not want to spend time on it and prefer to focus their time on our club. We have a great team, manager and huge number of supporters which the board have worked to achieve and if they do more of that then good. Just my view and doesn't make your view wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    That's hardly what's being said - we have 2 fans reps that have voted on something without getting a consensus from the fans. Their positions are really quite untenable.
    How do you know what the fans think, we have around 8 family members all staunch supporters and none of them agree with you. In truth you have no idea what the consensus is. There is the chance of course that excellent people like Leanne Dempster might just wonder why she works for Hibs and look for a new job. Any disruption over this will not be good for our club.

Disappointing doesn't even come close.
    Honestly thought that we would make a stand on this.
    Wrong - cheating and corruption are alive and well in Scottish football, and our club thinks it's fine.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by andyf5 View Post
    I understood the rules had changed so this can't happen again in the future. My interpretation is the board are saying on balance there is little legal prospect of catching them out on something, they do not want to spend time on it and prefer to focus their time on our club. We have a great team, manager and huge number of supporters which the board have worked to achieve and if they do more of that then good. Just my view and doesn't make your view wrong.
    If there was actually an effective rule to prevent any of this, then why hadn't it been implemented before? Unless of course the rule is actually an utter nonsense with yet another work around.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    Lennon makes a gesture to The Rangers fans and police involved. The Rangers and Hibs fans get into a scuffle and an inquiry lasts for 12months + media coverage mainly criticising Hibs fans. The Rangers cheat to qualify for Europe and win titles...time to move on and not look at what happened and the how's and why's. The Rangers and Celtics incessant Sectarian chants being sung week in week out, not news worthy and best left alone, time to move on. Forget The Rangers and EBT, Scottish football has a plethora of brooms and many gifted sweepers.

Football is dying here and this "things are looking up" is honestly something we've seen before. The core issues in our game and society have not been fixed. And with current temperament will never be fixed.

Scottish football is an alcoholic who drowns his sorrows to forget what he did in the past and drinks profusely in order to salivate ideas of a grand future.
    Strict Liability - properly governed with financial and points sanctions - the real way forward for Scottish football and society it would clamp the pair of them .....imagine The Rangers playing behind closed doors games for singing Billy Boys, Celtic docked points for hanging crass effigies at football matches........... might mean one day we only talk about the football on the pitch

First Team Regular Basildon Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by inglisavhibs View Post
    How do you know what the fans think, we have around 8 family members all staunch supporters and none of them agree with you. In truth you have no idea what the consensus is. There is the chance of course that excellent people like Leanne Dempster might just wonder why she works for Hibs and look for a new job. Any disruption over this will not be good for our club.
    Well the club should've kept quiet and not make a statement indicating that it condones cheating at the highest level.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by One Day Soon View Post
    What do you think it does it entail exactly? It seems to me that however poor the statement the Reps were always in the impossible position of trying to satisfy a range of differing views.
    Did they consult to get the various views? No. So in other words they were in an impossible position where there were too many views and to get round that they went with 1 view, their own personal view or that of the other board members as I certainly wasn't consulted (neither were most fans gauging by the response here and elsewhere)

Moving towards fan ownership but our views don't even get a chance to reach the board, something wrong there.

Neither of the fans reps seem to do anything on social media outlets ever (may miss it) and let's be honest that's one of the best ways of reaching out.

Quote Originally Posted by SRH View Post
    How is that even close to being the same?

Lennon's job isn't to represent the opinions and ideas of the fan base.
    Do you not think that one of the reasons Lennon just signed a new contract was the people he was working for.?Many on here want rid of the very people who have helped turn the club around (along with our great fans)

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ronaldo7 View Post
    Absolutely gutted with that statement from our club. When it comes to Rangers, old or new, we seem to be able to find a broom large enough to fix their cheating.

We're still waiting for the outcome of Leeann's investigation into the Ibrox debacle. Another thing swept under the carpet.

Whatever happened to "sporting integrity", and how do we know it won't/can't happen again.

For all we know, the new huns could be handing out brown envelopes again.
    It really wouldn't surprise me if they were up to there necks in it already, dodgy owner, money being spent on players that they probably can't afford, (unless the lying King got that treasure chest open) court case after court case, witnesses blatantly lying under oath to save there own skin, most still in jobs in Scottish football.

We still see the cheating going on, how many times did Big Marvin have red cards rescinded last season where we had to play out games with 10 men, there was a thread on the MB last season about refs blatantly cheating, I disagreed that refs cheat and are just really not good at the jobs they do, but you look back over the years where we have seen players being sent of for nothing against the ugly sisters and seen blatant assaults by ugly sister players on other teams players where only a talking to from the ref and a pat on the backside is suffice, and it will keep on continuing because no one will go against the 2 major cartels from the West, I see that the the compliance officer hasn't decided to charge Scott Brown for his blatant snidey kick to the head on a Hamilton player on Friday night, had that been a non old firm player he would be getting dragged over the coals and be hammered by the CO.

Quote Originally Posted by Essex the Hibee View Post
    Well the club should've kept quiet and not make a statement indicating that it condones cheating at the highest level.
    Where did the statement say they condoned cheating?