hibs.net Messageboard

Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just catching up as I've been really busy tonight. Obviously disappointed in Hibs but not surprised.
    Took me a while to read through the whole thread but have to say I'm very impressed with how quickly the 'move on' guys mobilised and the number of posts they have on the thread considering it's a subject they claim they have no interest in. It's almost as if it's co-ordinated. Impressive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's a ridiculous response, to be honest. Folk are allowed to disagree without a conspiracy theory emerging.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

2. Log in to remove the advert

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    I think the challenge is it's a unanimous vote which means they voted with the board to sweep it under the carpet. Although neither have been anywhere near here tonight to explain.
    They may have their reasons but honestly just reminds me of John Balliol. If they don't ask fans their opinion on forums and social media etc. before voting on something like this, their position of fans rep must be nothing more than a hobby or something for the CV because position seems very much of the "empty coat" variety.

I'd suggest their position should be reviewed immediately as they, as far as I'm aware, did not consult fans which surely is a fans rep main job...

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser1962 View Post
    They were but, as far as I am aware, no other club used the "side letters" that Rangers did. Some English clubs are still being pursued by HMRC but most, Arsenal amongst them, coughed when asked. Rangers didnt, they lied and were only exposed when City of London police raided Ibrox as part of their Boumsong investigations.

EBT's in England were disclosed as a means of the players remuneration to the FA. Rangers hid the details and lied to all and sundry when challenged.
    Many of these English clubs are only now having to pay the taxes, due to the tax man winning the Rangers case. None of these clubs will lose any titles or cups they won. The new Rangers will claim that the debts were due against the old club, which brings me to the point that annoys me more than Hibs statement. Any trophies won by the old club should not be recognised as wins by SEVCO.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    I assume the fans reps will be voted out now.
    They've not taken forward my Bain's Pies proposal underscore so for that alone they have lost my vote sod The Rangers and SFA, I want a Bain's pie with my Bovril !!!!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnyboy View Post
    You should have kept working, Ozy - instead of making silly statements like this one. You've been all over this issue from day one and though I never commented much on the megathread, I admired your tenacity.

Tonight you've come on here and basically suggested that fans who disagree with you are acting in a co-ordinated way on this thread. I expected better from you to be honest
    I agree with him. There has been co-ordinated "move on" rhetoric over the past few weeks and judging by the posters who started pushing this, they would have already known what the release statement was going to be well in advance. It was a clear attempt to try and tame the inevitable backlash for when the statement became public.

I'll no doubt get the typical "tin foil hat" responses from the very people who did co-ordinate this.

Quote Originally Posted by RMQ1967 View Post
    I wasn't looking for an argument - I just want to understand what outcome would make people content (assuming all of the underhand dealings and mis-management were proven to be true). You've said apply the rules retrospectively - presumably that ultimately means title stripping?? My point was - what's the point a dozen years or whatever on
    Yes it means removing prizes won where they fielded players who were not registered according to SFA rules. This doesn't seem like a lot to ask given how quickly the SFA are to punish anyone else who is found to have broken the rules in a similar manner. As far as I know there is nothing equivalent to a statute of limitations on SFA regulations.

Quote Originally Posted by High-On-Hibs View Post
    I agree with him. There has been co-ordinated "move on" rhetoric over the past few weeks and judging by the posters who started pushing this, they would have already known what the release statement was going to be well in advance. It was a clear attempt to try and tame the inevitable backlash for when the statement became public.

I'll no doubt get the typical "tin foil hat" responses from the very people who did co-ordinate this.
    Mental

Media are going to have a field day with Hibs statement. All I say is .. not in my name. Support the team ... but not Hibs capitulation or collusion with the SFA on this issue. Shameful.

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar

Crikey!

Quote Originally Posted by SRH View Post
    Yup, they should be removed with immediate effect. They clearly have a very loose interpretation of what 'rep' entails.
    Aye let's just get rid of Rod, Leanne, the rest of the board and lets throw in Lennon as well. Great stuff

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by inglisavhibs View Post
    Many of these English clubs are only now having to pay the taxes, due to the tax man winning the Rangers case. None of these clubs will lose any titles or cups they won.
    Side. Letters.
    Sigh.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by RMQ1967 View Post
    The reality is that not many are interested in football outside of their own locality - I'm interested in Hibs and their direct rivals. Not Man U or Barca or AV Milan or some team from Denmark or Brazil - I can't remember the last time I watched a game from the EPL. I couldn't care less so why would anyone in those countries be interested in anything other than perhaps our cups, derbies or OF games.

But to your point - how will pursuing the huns improve any of those issues? Surely the agenda should be relate to addressing the future state rather than another pointless inquiry into the past?
    How many Scottish fans watch Match of the Day? How many English fans watch Sportscene? How many people in Asia buy Man Utd strips and turn up in their numbers to see the tours? How many fans fly from around the world to see Arsenal play? If you think Bayern Munich, Man Utd, Juventus, Real Madrid, Barcelona among many others don't generate global interest you are sadly not seeing the full picture. Spanish FA want to play league matches out with Spain to expand the "brand"

Back to your point, how does sweeping the issue under the rug and saying "work towards a fairer future" occur if the problem is each team selfishly looks after their own (even discounting the feelings of their fans)? Also, how does this occur, what's the plan and when will that future be realised?

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Aye let's just get rid of Rod, Leanne, the rest of the board and lets throw in Lennon as well. Great stuff
    How is that even close to being the same?

Lennon's job isn't to represent the opinions and ideas of the fan base.
    Last edited by SRHibs; 11-09-2017 at 10:03 PM.

I think we should "move on" and have probably suggested doing so on other topics in favour of concentrating our efforts positively on our own club.

Are you suggesting that I'm part of a group with inside knowledge who has only been posting to soften people up for this statement?

Quote Originally Posted by RossScott1991 View Post
    Indeed. We pumped them 3.2 to give us all one of the best days of our lives. We pumped them last month. Let's just continue to pump them on the field, everything else is now irrelevant. On the park is what matters the most to me.
    And on the park they overspending big time to ensure they finish ahead of us in one of the European slots. But let's just concentrate on Hibs.

madhatter
    Left by mutual consent!
    That's hardly what's being said - we have 2 fans reps that have voted on something without getting a consensus from the fans. Their positions are really quite untenable.

Coaching Staff

I think you were on that grassy knoll

Only trying to lighten the mood mate.........I don't think anyone really knew the stance or statement, but it's an emotive issue which people clearly have views on, and some that differ - I still don't think it's something worth turning on each other.

I'd like the media to take more of an interest in the SFA and the way they work (or don't). As for The Rangers, don't give a **** about them and never ever have.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    I assume the fans reps will be voted out now.
    Pair of tourists enjoying their time at board meetings etc. Certainly no interest in the fans.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Tsk, the arrogance.
    Standard fare unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    And on the park they overspending big time to ensure they finish ahead of us in one of the European slots. But let's just concentrate on Hibs.

And don't worry about any ffp implications. UEFA will never know once the boys at the SFA have done a wee bit shredding and got the rubber stamp out.

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Aye cuase you were just about to go out and buy them in September right enough.

At least you've got an excuse now. You've got absolutely no right to comment on our board. You're not even a supporter.
    Idiot!

I'm content to move on. The board made a statement in the best interests of this club in my opinion. No-one co-ordinated me in this response It's just what I think and I'm allowed to disagree with you (respectfully). I think it's interesting when the statement used the words the "unanimous view of the board" because that suggests to me some folk on the board disagreed but they are being reminded of collective responsibility. It wouldn't be a surprise to find the board split on opinion - a bit like us.

Quote Originally Posted by madhatter View Post
    That's hardly what's being said - we have 2 fans reps that have voted on something without getting a consensus from the fans. Their positions are really quite untenable.
    To be fair to the reps - just look at the polarisation of the opinions of the fans. How on Earth were they expected to get consensus?

The only way they would be true representative of us would be if Tracey went in representing the hunslayers and Frank went in with the appeasement brigade.

There is no middle ground, or consensus.

hfc rd
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Media are going to have a field day with Hibs statement. All I say is .. not in my name. Support the team ... but not Hibs capitulation or collusion with the SFA on this issue. Shameful.

They've brought it on themselves though if the media and the rest of the other clubs in Scotland are going to rip the p*** out of Hibs following that statement.

We'd do it ourselves if it was another club that done what we've done tonight with that statement

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    Side. Letters.
    Sigh.
    Giggling here.

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member RMQ1967's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Sets an example for future, similar transgressions ? Justice has no time limit.

If there was indeed wrongdoing, without retrospective action it means that those who knowingly cheat can retain the rewards at the expense of those who played the game by the rules. That is fundamentally wrong. Those that can't see that and simply want to "move on" are either cheats themselves (Sevco) or happy to subscribe to a rigged game (sad losers).
    My point all along has been that 10 or 15 years on it's really no punishment at all to strip titles (assuming you believe the current club are the same entity that won the titles). The trophies have been lifted, the medals given out, the celebrations are a memory and I don't need a stupid inquiry to know that they cheated the system.

I also know that stripping titles won't make a jot of difference to my life or to Hibs and the only club that will benefit in terms of bragging rights will be smelic.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Doncaster says his letter to the SFA was supported by all the SPFL clubs.

Aberdeen, Rangers, Kilmarnock and now us have said we don't support the idea of the review yet all of a sudden Doncaster is the beacon of truth and transparency?

We need an enquiry!

@hibs.net private member
    Many of these English clubs are only now having to pay the taxes, due to the tax man winning the Rangers case. None of these clubs will lose any titles or cups they won. The new Rangers will claim that the debts were due against the old club, which brings me to the point that annoys me more than Hibs statement. Any trophies won by the old club should not be recognised as wins by SEVCO.
    Dont disagree but the difference with the Rangers use of the system was that they used the side letters and concealed them. Might be why HMRC picked them out. Who knows?

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    To be fair to the reps - just look at the polarisation of the opinions of the fans. How on Earth were they expected to get consensus?

The only way they would be true representative of us would be if Tracey went in representing the hunslayers and Frank went in with the appeasement brigade.

Maybe come onto the forums and engage with the fans like they promised to do. It's a worthless position.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post

Under 10% on the poll support the board. (Admittedly non-scientific and self selecting but still ...)