hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by davhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There wouldn't be a statement if the board didn't agree, that include LD and the fans reps. I'm not really fussed about the whole thing but I do think the statement is pretty poor. I'd rather we'd just said nothing and focused on Hibs and how we're getting on
    The majority of the board with Sir Tom and Rods influence will vote as Petrie wishes. Good luck the next time we want to deal with Celtic mind. Petrie v Lawwell will be interesting.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Well no.

But if that's how you view it then fine.
    Well, how else can I view it when there is another thread where people are saying they are not coming on Saturday?

Its toys out the pram, I'm not playing because the other boys wont play my game, wah wah stuff that - frankly in a 5 year old is tedious.

That's what I think people are so annoyed it. You are assuming and may well be right nothing will change, but what if just what if all the clubs did go after them and won. Sporting integrity would be restored fans would then feel justice is done.

There is way more to this than just fans upset, we want proper justice and some feel that the only way is getting them back to trial.
    Will never be allowed to happen tho TC...sad but true mate

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    The majority of the board with Sir Tom and Rods influence will vote as Petrie wishes. Good luck the next time we want to deal with Celtic mind. Petrie v Lawwell will be interesting.
    Celtc and Lawell have always been notoriously difficult to deal with. It won't change that.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    No it's not. Is Rod Petrie Vice President of the SFA, desperate to sweep this when his pal and President Regan is ****ting himself?

Petrie is making us the patsy.
    Regan isn't the president

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    Imagine what the reaction would have been after a long and very expensive enquiry which was pretty unlikely to have ended with title stripping?
    My reaction would be "fine - now we can move on".

I'm not that fussed about title stripping (although I've been convinced that it if it is possible - a big if - then it would be necessary/ desirable).

Why is Andrew Dickson still employed at the SFA?

What was Campbell Ogilvie's role in it all?

What were other clubs involved in? Rangers have failed to co-operate with previous enquiries but at least they have bared their souls to an extent. What have all the clubs that have been into administration (including our own) done to smarten up their act and ensure it doesn't happen again?

What happens if Rangers beat Hibs to a European place on goal difference this season, but fail to comply with FFP rules? How far will the SFA/ SPFL be allowed to bend the rules to ensure they get into Europe, to ensure Rangers get more cash (assuming they don't get pumped out in early July by some dildos from Luxembourg) to compete more strongly in Scottish football's showpiece fixture?

These things matter much more to me than title stripping. That's for Celtic to worry about.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Celtc and Lawell have always been notoriously difficult to deal with. It won't change that.
    You think? Both clubs are **** but we have played the wrong card here. Sweep under the carpet of the club that despises us. Don't under estimate lawwels influence such as Scottish cup final repercussions neither. This is going to cause a massive divide. Coupled with the rest of Scottish football laughing and angry at us when Petrie is Vice President of the governing body. His tea will be oot if Regans is and I don't expect Celtic to move on from being cheated like the rest of us.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Seveno View Post
    I think everyone should read the statement and try to understand why the decision was made. I hate the fact that Rangers got away with cheating but if there is no legal remedy then why waste time, resources and energy on it. Let's focus on our club and our ongoing success.
    This for me. A lot of people seem to be responding on this thread to the headlines. I can understand that. But please read the Board's statement.

Shocking statement. Did Rod not once say "integrity is beyond purchase"?

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    Well, how else can I view it when there is another thread where people are saying they are not coming on Saturday?

Its toys out the pram, I'm not playing because the other boys wont play my game, wah wah stuff that - frankly in a 5 year old is tedious.
    Read the statement again, one particular part near the end shows they cheated. That's why so many want it taken further! The statement looks like it was done by a 5 year old who's had a row from their parents.

Testimonial Due The Harp Awakes's Avatar
    That statement is not good reading and the Hibernian Board should hold their heads in shame. Hiding behind so-called legal advice where the issue raised by Celtic is the need for an enquiry into the conduct of the SFA.

I can see a massive backlash over this from Hibernian fans and I fear the feel good factor is about to be blasted away.

100% Petrie is behind this and I'd question the how unanimous this decision was - some arm twisting behind the scenes I reckon.

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post

I'm not that fussed about title stripping (although I've been convinced that it if it is possible - a big if - then it would be necessary/ desirable).

What were other clubs involved in? Rangers have failed to co-operate with previous enquiries but at least they have bared their souls to an extent. What have all the clubs that have been into administration (including our own) done to smarten up their act and ensure it doesn't happen again?

What happens if Rangers beat Hibs to a European place on goal difference this season, but fail to comply with FFP rules? How far will the SFA/ SPFL be allowed to bend the rules to ensure they get into Europe, to ensure Rangers get more cash (assuming they don't get pumped out in early July by some dildos from Luxembourg) to compete more strongly in Scottish football's showpiece fixture?

These things matter much more to me than title stripping. That's for Celtic to worry about.

Good post.

Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    No matter what our board said nothing will change it's best we just move on tbh
    ..Hertz won 2 scottish cups playing players they couldn't afford...thats not gonna change either. Fed up hearing about this tbh...and I know that isn't a popular opinion on here but nothing will change regardless of what our board say and/or do

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
    Some folk are frightened of change and the pain that's involved, and remain stuck in the past and at the whim of those in power. A follower.

Others have the drive and fortitude to press for change where injustice is clear. The progressives.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Questioning whether to go on Saturday? Wow. Seems like a bit of an overreaction to me. Each to their own I guess.
    Okay, maybe an overreaction on my part. I am disgusted by the stance of the club especially the way we were treated after the final. You've got to wonder what it is that is making clubs choose the rangers over Celtic, because it is a choice. You choose the 'can we lift the carpet a wee bit to sweep this under' or you choose the 'ok this is wrong. They did what? No, that's not right'. Celtic have been hung out to dry for standing up for the integrity of our game. Do they have a lot to gain? Of course they do. ALL clubs do.

Ours just chose to turn the other way

Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post

All fair points but for a lot of people it's all about title stripping.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishop Hibee View Post
    The worst thing in that statement is the perpetuation of the myth that the death of Rangers and Hearts going into administration somehow "damaged the sport". Complete nonsense. It was the average Scottish fans' finest hour using their collective strength to ensure Newco weren't allowed straight back into the top league. Petrie and Dempster should hang their heads in shame at this attempt to rewrite history.

Spot on.

@hibs.net private member
    Extremely disappointed by the statement from the board. However, the board members are merely custodians of the Club, they are not the actual club itself. My commitment is entirely to Hibernian FC, not the board. I'm old enough to have seen the back of many Hibs board members over the years, some are remembered with affection, others definitely not. The supporters are the constants of football clubs, not the directors.

@hibs.net private member MrSmith's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Truly pathetic! I'm glad I held back from buying season tix, our so called board, you have lost my business!

First Team Breakthrough Mathias Jack's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: GazA1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    Not fussed either way. Let's concentrate on all things Hibernian.
    Me too mate. As no further punishment can be dished out, I'd rather our time, effort and money was put into our club than an independent review.

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Read the statement again, one particular part near the end shows they cheated. That's why so many want it taken further! The statement looks like it was done by a 5 year old who's had a row from their parents.
    I have read it, and while I would prefer the huns to be totally screwed I presume there are very good reasons why we have made this statement.

Ask yourself why there is only one club (allegedly) who wants to take this further?

Could it be that there is no point as there would be no satisfactory outcome?

I think thats what the statement says.

Coaching Staff
    Playing devil's advocate do you not think this makes Peter Lawell look a bit egotistical and silly when he claimed in his statement that the SPFL Board wanted the review on behalf of all 42 clubs ? Clearly Aberdeen and Hibs don't want a review........and I'm sure we are not alone in that opinion in various boardrooms around the country no matter what league or level. So he 'jumped the gun' with that statement.

This will end up being a Celtic v The Rangers argument which will detract from the real issues and the chronic need for change in leadership at both the SFA and SPFL. It's shades of Fergus McCann v Jim Farry in the 90's (as in it will become a battle of personalities).

I couldn't care less as it won't even change my opinion of Rangers and The Rangers - they are Scotland's Shame and I don't care about how many titles they have or don't have - all I know and all I care about is that I don't like them and never will. I do however have unconditional love for Hibernian FC

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    All fair points but for a lot of people it's all about title stripping.
    Title stripping?! That club haven't won any titles ffs!
    Last edited by High-On-Hibs; 11-09-2017 at 06:46 PM.

Rangers have been punished by having four years in the wilderness and almost guaranteeing they'll watch Celtic get 10 in a row.

Title stripping legally isn't an option. What more do people want?

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    So they want us to consider

We either continue to spend significant sums of money and huge reserves of time and energy to challenge already lengthy and detailed legal advice

so for us they paint a simple choice - invest in the above or the team and the future. After this transfer window it's an interesting dilemma to throw in supporters direction. Does this equate to a choice of increased revenues going to legal fees or keeping/attracting key players in time like McGinn, Stokes and Hendo...
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    Rangers have been punished by having four years in the wilderness and almost guaranteeing they'll watch Celtic get 10 in a row.

Title stripping legally isn't an option. What more do people want?
    It's not title stripping. They haven't won any titles!

Shocking. Basically do what you want and get away with it. Aye no bother

@hibs.net private member oldbutdim's Avatar
    No it's not. Is Rod Petrie Vice President of the SFA, desperate to sweep this when his pal and President Regan is ****ting himself?

Petrie is making us the patsy.
    You're a bit confused on the respective roles I think.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    So they want us to consider

We either continue to spend significant sums of money and huge reserves of time and energy to challenge already lengthy and detailed legal advice

so for us they paint a simple choice - invest in the above or the team and the future. After this transfer window it's an interesting dilemma to throw in supporters direction. Does this equate to a choice of increased revenues going to legal fees or keeping/attracting key players in time like McGinn, Stokes and Hendo...
    What does it matter who we attract in the end, when clubs like The Rangers can just fork them off us using dubious loopholes?

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    Remember that our club belongs to us and not the board. It is a point that needs made that we do not share their opinion. They have to share the shame between them.
    I was kind of hoping the reps, who I voted for and whose roles I really wanted to exist would be coming back and forth to the various forums like this one and telling us the latest position and the thinking behind it.

I'm guessing the whole spectrum of opinion has somehow been passed on, ranging from there's some who want the legal review, through titles being stripped and right up to let's move on leaving the tainted titles out there and the guys who allowed our game to be rigged to stay there and do who knows what next?

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Shocking statement.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16