hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member Benny Brazil's Avatar
    Am completely bored with it all that I can't say the statement bothers me - the SFA have been corrupt for as long as I can remember so not sure that another review will change anything - appreciate that some feel differently

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough Stanton's Avatar
    An embarrassment and a disgrace

The point of the review is that there is very very strong circumstantial evidence that individuals within the SFA granted a European License to Rangers when they did not meet the criteria.

Rangers hid side letters which concealed the monetary payments their players were receiving and therefore throughout that time they were fielding ineligible players ......that is players that Rangers directors stated on oath at Craig Whytes trial they otherwise could not have afforded.

The secretive 5 way agreement

I'm of the move on from the sorry episode chain of thought. I'm sick of the whole thing and if I hear EBT again I think I'll explode . It seems the board were thinking along the same lines as me and a good few others. The club can't please everyone.

My initial reaction is one of crippling disappointment.

I had a real and genuine sense of pride all those years ago when Petrie spoke of sporting integrity and the need for Scotland to have well run clubs, whilst he could point to the fact that Hibs had cut our cloth accordingly.

Today we stand shoulder to shoulder with the cheats and the whitewashers whilst booting our own fans (who shelled out decent sums of money for tickets to watch competitions where rules were not enforced equally) in the balls.

Hibs can gtf as far as I'm concerned.

Does anyone really have faith in our authorities to enforce rules fairly? Do we really believe that FFP rules won't be glossed over to favour the establishment side?

I don't.

I thought we were better than this.

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How do you know what the majority of fans want?

Far as I can see there's a few dozen people ranting on a message board. That's hardly "the majority".
    No offence but this is part of the reason they get away with it. Imagine you played poker with soneone for many years then found out they had cheated all along?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    I'm of the move on from the sorry episode chain of thought. I'm sick of the whole thing and if I hear EBT again I think I'll explode . It seems the board were thinking along the same lines as me and a good few others. The club can't please everyone.
    Well going be the reaction "a good few others" you are in the minority. They have upset a lot of fans with this statement and looking at Twitter the reaction is mostly anger.

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Will this impact Celtic's willingness to do transfer business with us? Hopefully not.

At the moment I'm feeling very angry by that statement and questioning whether to go on Saturday.

This is a slap in the face for us as fans. They have ignored everything that the fans have said on the situation. They are expecting the fans to be nodding dogs and go along with it. The board are spineless and Petrie seems to be looking after his own ambitions.

We've been let down and I'm being made more angry listening to that **** Regan on the radio basically 'move along nothing to see here'. The fact that they have Dickson as part of that board is as corrupt as it can get.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    The worst thing in that statement is the perpetuation of the myth that the death of Rangers and Hearts going into administration somehow "damaged the sport". Complete nonsense. It was the average Scottish fans' finest hour using their collective strength to ensure Newco weren't allowed straight back into the top league. Petrie and Dempster should hang their heads in shame at this attempt to rewrite history.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

@hibs.net private member green day's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kaimendhibs View Post
    No offence but this is part of the reason they get away with it. Imagine you played poker with soneone for many years then found out they had cheated all along?

I wouldn't care if they were now dead. As the old club is.

Quote Originally Posted by SRH View Post
    Will this impact Celtic's willingness to do transfer business with us? Hopefully not.
    I'd tell Hibs to **** right off if I was Celtic.

Quote Originally Posted by Benny Brazil View Post
    Am completely bored with it all that I can't say the statement bothers me - the SFA have been corrupt for as long as I can remember so not sure that another review will change anything - appreciate that some feel differently
    You are willing to tolerate corruption.

Good to know.

Disgraceful and cowardly statement Hibs.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Let's see if the supporters calling our board spineless & gutless and telling hibs they can get to **** will be attending this weekend...

Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    There will be plenty of others who share that viewpoint. They just don't shout as loud as others.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

johnbc70
    Left by mutual consent!
    To me it just reinforces the corruption that has gone on, and will continue to go on. A golden opportunity has been missed here and we may not get another chance.

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    I think everyone should read the statement and try to understand why the decision was made. I hate the fact that Rangers got away with cheating but if there is no legal remedy then why waste time, resources and energy on it. Let's focus on our club and our ongoing success.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzywuzzy View Post
    At the moment I'm feeling very angry by that statement and questioning whether to go on Saturday.

This is a slap in the face for us as fans. They have ignored everything that the fans have said on the situation. They are expecting the fans to be nodding dogs and go along with it. The board are spineless and Petrie seems to be looking after his own ambitions.

We've been let down and I'm being made more angry listening to that **** Regan on the radio basically 'move along nothing to see here'. The fact that they have Dickson as part of that board is as corrupt as it can get.
    Questioning whether to go on Saturday? Wow. Seems like a bit of an overreaction to me. Each to their own I guess.

'S' Form
    Seriously can't believe that people on here don't think this is important. Sporting integrity down the pan. Gutless response, hiding behind legal advice. Embarrassing from Hibs.

Bitterly disappointed in this, the board have let Hibernian Football Club fown here, we should be embarassed by our lack of movement on this issue but unfortunately we'll probably be just one of many SPFL clubs who takes this view and it saddens me, the message this sends out is Hibs believe the SFA is run well, bull****, ashamed of that.

Petrie's got his SFA hat on

Honestly I'd rather we focused on ourselves.

But the integrity of the Scottish game is at stake, and for the sake of Sporting Integrity that statement is an absolute disgrace. Was always going to happen with Petrie as our chairman.
    Last edited by Hibs90; 11-09-2017 at 05:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Stuart93 View Post
    Let's see if the supporters calling our board spineless & gutless and telling hibs they can get to **** will be attending this weekend...
    I'll be going to the matches because I love my club, but I will not support members of that board who feel It is right to allow teams to cheat the system and claim undeserved trophies and victories which they did not deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Questioning whether to go on Saturday? Wow. Seems like a bit of an overreaction to me. Each to their own I guess.
    That's the way its always going to get people though, we're basically saying that cheating has no consequece, many will feel what's the point.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by guthrie01 View Post
    I'll be going to the matches because I love my club, but I will not support members of that board who feel It is right to allow teams to cheat the system and claim undeserved trophies and victories which they did not deserve.
    The boards decision was unanimous so they all have to go then, including dempster if that's your view.

Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    So the message is "If you're willing to use dodgy dealings to gain a sporting advantage and you manage to put some time between doing it and getting exposed then that's ok".

Scottish Football is on a par with Italian politics. Cowardly decision from Hibs.

How to shoot all the goodwill in one go. Nonsense statement from Hibs really, really poor.

Quote Originally Posted by Seveno View Post
    I think everyone should read the statement and try to understand why the decision was made. I hate the fact that Rangers got away with cheating but if there is no legal remedy then why waste time, resources and energy on it. Let's focus on our club and our ongoing success.
    This. Hibs to me are the most important thing and the club are concentrating on Hibs. Can understand people's disappointment but as long as our house is order that's all I care about.

Mistake from the club. Record season ticket sales, everybody pulling in the right direction and they go and do something that'll potentially divide the support and the trust they have gained from the support over the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by green day View Post
    I wouldn't care if they were now dead. As the old club is.
    Dead but allowed to keep its ill.gotten gains and revel in them

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    MOVE ON. I'm sure we all have more important things going on in our lives and careers. If not, it's time to go and find something more important. Don't give Rangers the satisfaction that it's "all about the Rangers".

We moan about the old firm all the time, let them fight this out whilst we focus on the pitch.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Seveno View Post

The bit I struggle with is, why does there have to be any legal involvement. As competition organisers surely they make the rules and therefore implement then how they see fit

If I won the golf championships for years only later to be found out as a cheat I would lose the titles, no? Look at Jessica ennis getting a medal the over month, years after she was cheated.

Cheating is cheating.
    Last edited by beensaidbefore; 11-09-2017 at 05:56 PM.