hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sauzee hadn't just signed a three year contract a matter of weeks before he was sacked, as far as I'm aware.
    I didn't say he had. What's with the strangely aggressive tone

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    Because he's a horrible arrogant tosser. I have a contact at
    Palace & some of the stories were horrendous. At Newcastle he achieved the impossible by making Ashley more popular.
    My wife worked for Palace when Pardew was a player there, she hasn't a good word to say about him.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    I didn't say he had. What's with the strangely aggressive tone
    I know you didn't. My post wasn't intended to be aggressive lad, and it never entered my head that it was. Just commenting.

CP knew De Boer had a poor managerial record so I can't really understand why they took him on, great player utterly hopeless coach. Woy won't be long at his back methinks.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    I'm thinking of managing Crystal Palace as part of a month off work.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by HIBERNIAN-0762 View Post
    CP knew De Boer had a poor managerial record so I can't really understand why they took him on, great player utterly hopeless coach. Woy won't be long at his back methinks.
    Won 4 successive titles with Ajax. First time it's been done by Ajax in the Netherlands.

Wasn't great at inter but there was a power struggle.

77 days is a joke.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hodgson gets a two year deal ...... or four weeks, depending on results
    This is how it feels

Apparently the players didn't like him being better than them in training. Pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Jimmy View Post
    Won 4 successive titles with Ajax. First time it's been done by Ajax in the Netherlands.

77 days is a joke.

It's totally ridiculous. You'd think it was a game of fantasy football or something.

I could almost understand if they had a miracle-worker lined up but Hodgson?

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    The type of football that De Boer wanted to play is more suited to the top six rather than the bottom six. The people in charge of Crystal Palace have misjudged this one. Hodgson is an old-school filler like Redknapp or Warnock.

Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    The type of football that De Boer wanted to play is more suited to the top six rather than the bottom six. The people in charge of Crystal Palace have misjudged this one. Hodgson is an old-school filler like Redknapp or Warnock.
    Redknapp isn't like the others listed. Always tried to play decent football.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    How much are they paying Hodgson? Remember his time at Liverpool? Oh wow, that was a shambles. What about his mess at Blackburn? And England had a decent squad at Euro 2016, but weren't organised by the manager. The squad basically came out and said he's useless. I can't see this ending well for Palace.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    Take a look at Bournemouth and how the board have stood by Eddie Howe and his philosophy on how to play the game, they knew it doesn't happen overnight but they gave him time and now they're dining at the big table.

Quote Originally Posted by J-C View Post
    Take a look at Bournemouth and how the board have stood by Eddie Howe and his philosophy on how to play the game, they knew it doesn't happen overnight but they gave him time and now they're dining at the big table.
    Sadly I dont think Howe will have long to go either if results dont improve down there. Except Wenger I dont believe any manager is secure for more than about 5 games in that league.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Sadly I dont think Howe will have long to go either if results dont improve down there. Except Wenger I dont believe any manager is secure for more than about 5 games in that league.

Difference with Howe is he's taken them from the leagues below and up to the Premier holy grail, no one expected them to stay up last season, not even their board, so I think he'll be given another decent crack at it.

Difference with Howe is he's taken them from the leagues below and up to the Premier holy grail, no one expected them to stay up last season, not even their board, so I think he'll be given another decent crack at it.
    I agree. They're a well-run club with reasonable aspirations. I hope Brighton react the same way too if things go against them, as they are likely to do.

There's nothing more ridiculous than a team managing to get promoted from the Championship to the Prem, having a bad start to the season and getting shot of the guy who took them there.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    I agree. They're a well-run club with reasonable aspirations. I hope Brighton react the same way too if things go against them, as they are likely to do.

There's nothing more ridiculous than a team managing to get promoted from the Championship to the Prem, having a bad start to the season and getting shot of the guy who took them there.
    Did that not happen to Hughton at Newcastle?

And have an incredibly wealthy owner...

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael View Post
    No doubt, but he is still a filler. At Birmingham he will be a one year plan

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Jimmy View Post

77 days is a joke.

If NL had told Hibs at his interview that he wanted to drastically change the way Hibs play but promised to do it gradually - evolution not revolution - and then changed it drastically anyway (without the players in the squad able to play this way ), lost 2 league games and then said he would revert back to the way Palace usually set up and then not do it and loses a third game. Then reverted back for the 4th game and they outplayed Burnley, couldn't score and got beat 1 - 0. Tell 2 players they weren't good enough to play the way he wanted to set up and then play them in the first game. Would you still love Lenny?
    Log on the Holmesdale (Palace) website and see what has come out since the sacking. He agreed to do things a certain way and at a certain pace and then got his feet under the table and followed his ego. Not for a minute would I suggest that there wasn't blame on both sides but POOR FRANK, I don't think so.

The money in the EPL these days leaves club chairman petrified of relegation which often leads to knee jerk reactions.

Quote Originally Posted by gloryhunter View Post
    If NL had told Hibs at his interview that he wanted to drastically change the way Hibs play but promised to do it gradually - evolution not revolution - and then changed it drastically anyway (without the players in the squad able to play this way ), lost 2 league games and then said he would revert back to the way Palace usually set up and then not do it and loses a third game. Then reverted back for the 4th game and they outplayed Burnley, couldn't score and got beat 1 - 0. Tell 2 players they weren't good enough to play the way he wanted to set up and then play them in the first game. Would you still love Lenny?
    Log on the Holmesdale (Palace) website and see what has come out since the sacking. He agreed to do things a certain way and at a certain pace and then got his feet under the table and followed his ego. Not for a minute would I suggest that there wasn't blame on both sides but POOR FRANK, I don't think so.

The money in the EPL these days leaves club chairman petrified of relegation which often leads to knee jerk reactions.
    Maybe when they bought in to that they should have let him bring in some players? Or to ship some out he deemed surplus to requirements?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Onceinawhile View Post
    Maybe when they bought in to that they should have let him bring in some players? Or to ship some out he deemed
    surplus to requirements?
    NL has had 3 windows and may need a further 3 before he gets the shape and style he is after.

FDB bought a dutch player and loaned one from Man U and one from Chelsea but unfortunately the Sakho signing saga took far too much time up.
    Neither side comes out of this well but he put the teams out and decided formations. You have to do the best with what you have, you can't play attacking football with no decent strikers, you can't play defensive football with poor defenders and you can't play the the expansive posession/passing game without having quality midfielders. Palace have a decent squad on paper but they have played counter attacking football with this squad in seasons past and to play dutch style football would take about six more players and a season or two of gradual change - unless you spend 3 or 4 hundred mill and it still wouldn't be instant.
    You should really read up on what's come out about what happened behind the scenes and it looks like he should have gone even earlier. Bad judgement in signing him, in hindsight, as Palace wanted @gradual@ and he seemed to agree and then went full steam ahead. You don''t appear to want to hear anything that goes against your knee jerk reaction so, being an animal lover, I won't flog a dead horse.
    Last edited by CockneyRebel; 14-09-2017 at 07:15 AM.

Prediction League Supremo - 05/06 MB62's Avatar
    I think Mr Koeman could be the next manager looking for a new job.

Quote Originally Posted by MB62 View Post

Bilic still needs a couple of results to pull him out of favouritism for me... hope he gets them though

Quote Originally Posted by gloryhunter View Post
    NL has had 3 windows and may need a further 3 before he gets the shape and style he is after.

FDB bought a dutch player and loaned one from Man U and one from Chelsea but unfortunately the Sakho signing saga took far too much time up.
    Neither side comes out of this well but he put the teams out and decided formations. You have to do the best with what you have, you can't play attacking football with no decent strikers, you can't play defensive football with poor defenders and you can't play the the expansive posession/passing game without having quality midfielders. Palace have a decent squad on paper but they have played counter attacking football with this squad in seasons past and to play dutch style football would take about six more players and a season or two of gradual change - unless you spend 3 or 4 hundred mill and it still wouldn't be instant.
    You should really read up on what's come out about what happened behind the scenes and it looks like he should have gone even earlier. Bad judgement in signing him, in hindsight, as Palace wanted @gradual@ and he seemed to agree and then went full steam ahead. You don''t appear to want to hear anything that goes against your knee jerk reaction so, being an animal lover, I won't flog a dead horse.
    A manager should be given time though and he didn't get that, regardless of what went on behind the scenes and who said what to whom, he was given 4 games and was sacked, where all commentators pointed out that there was a marked improvement in the last game. They then go and replace him with ROY HODGSON and by this point any sensible conversation about Palace goes out the window, it's panic and knee jerk reaction.

In saying that I lost any respect for them when they appointed Big Crooked Sam last season and I really hope they go down this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Iain G View Post
    A manager should be given time though and he didn't get that, regardless of what went on behind the scenes and who said what to whom, he was given 4 games and was sacked, where all commentators pointed out that there was a marked improvement in the last game. They then go and replace him with ROY HODGSON and by this point any sensible conversation about Palace goes out the window, it's panic and knee jerk reaction.

In saying that I lost any respect for them when they appointed Big Crooked Sam last season and I really hope they go down this year.
    This

Quote Originally Posted by MB62 View Post

Watched them last night and they were brutal, no pace, urgency or creativity. They lose a main striker and brought in Rooney who's slipped drastically in his game play, he's a shadow of the player he once was. I just couldn't see what he was trying shape wise or tactic wise yesterday, needs a result very soon.

Ronald and Frank, Ronald and Frank - one missed a penalty, the other's a w***

Looks like Woy's ambition is just to keep them up, after only 4 games played, madness, the money has brought madness....

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Watched them last night and they were brutal, no pace, urgency or creativity. They lose a main striker and brought in Rooney who's slipped drastically in his game play, he's a shadow of the player he once was. I just couldn't see what he was trying shape wise or tactic wise yesterday, needs a result very soon.
    Also the huge purchase of Sigurdsson in basically the same position as Rooney and not buying a lukaku replacement