hibs.net Messageboard

Atlético Madrid

Going to Madrid for a long weekend on the 28th October.

Fancy going to see Atletico because they are playing at home that day.

Just been on Viagogo to see if I could buy tickets. The cheapest ones were £93 each! I always thought that Spanish football was well priced? Does anyone have experience in buying Atletico tickets that could point me in the right direction?

Cheers

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Liam Miller View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

Just been on Viagogo to see if I could buy tickets. The cheapest ones were £93 each! I always thought that Spanish football was well priced? Does anyone have experience in buying Atletico tickets that could point me in the right direction?

Cheers
    Don't use viagogo, they charge more than face value. You'll be able to get tickets on Atletico's official site nearer to the date of the game. Their website here is only selling tickets for the next two league games at the moment though. It's not cheap but you should be able to get something for under £93. It's only really the smaller spanish sides that offer cheaper tickets. Madrid, Barca and Atletico charge English Premiership like prices and you'll be lucky to get anything under £60.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: EdinburghHibee86
    Agreed been doing some research into this myself recently as I'm headed to Madrid in January. From what I'm told by locals I've spoken to on forums stay away from all these websites offering you tickets now. Not only are they overpriced but loads of folk have arrived and paid for tickets which haven't showed up. I've been told most tickets go on sale earliest two weeks prior to the game but can be as late as a week before the game. They also said that unless it's against Barca athletico or real getting tickets shouldn't be a problem for games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by edinburghhibee View Post
    Agreed been doing some research into this myself recently as I'm headed to Madrid in January. From what I'm told by locals I've spoken to on forums stay away from all these websites offering you tickets now. Not only are they overpriced but loads of folk have arrived and paid for tickets which haven't showed up. I've been told most tickets go on sale earliest two weeks prior to the game but can be as late as a week before the game. They also said that unless it's against Barca athletico or real getting tickets shouldn't be a problem for games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yeah that's true. Companies like Viagogo offering tickets already for games in October onwards don't actually have any tickets yet. They'll hope to get tickets and then sell them on at inflated prices.

Another thing to remember is that if you try to get tickets and it appears sold out, keep trying. Tickets become available in the last couple of weeks before games as season ticket holders keep releasing their seats back to the club. For example last week the game against Sevilla on 23rd Sep was almost sold out but there are plenty tickets available this morning.

Cheers for the info guys. Much appreciated.

Tickets are not cheap, eg. for Atleti's next game, 80-110 euro behind the goal.

https://en.atleticodemadrid.com/tick...drid-malaga-10

Getafe is in the Madrid suburbs as well if you fancy something a bit different.

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big_Franck View Post
    Don't use viagogo, they charge more than face value. You'll be able to get tickets on Atletico's official site nearer to the date of the game. Their website here is only selling tickets for the next two league games at the moment though. It's not cheap but you should be able to get something for under £93. It's only really the smaller spanish sides that offer cheaper tickets. Madrid, Barca and Atletico charge English Premiership like prices and you'll be lucky to get anything under £60.
    I don't think that's right, unless there have been major changes recently. We went to Atletico vs Eibar last year, bought tickets from Atletico's site a couple of days before and paid about €30. That was for seats up in the gods behind the goal, but still, it's a long way from £60.

As long as their not playing each other you'll get tickets for less than £60 easy. Best way to do it is to buy direct the day before or on the morning of the game. They sell the seat of any season ticket holder who isn't attending that weekends game. Season ticket holders notify their clubs because they get a percentage of the sold ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by nonshinyfinish View Post
    I don't think that's right, unless there have been major changes recently. We went to Atletico vs Eibar last year, bought tickets from Atletico's site a couple of days before and paid about €30. That was for seats up in the gods behind the goal, but still, it's a long way from £60.
    They've just moved into their shiny new expensive stadium.

The major change is they've just moved to their new Wanda Metropolitano stadium. They've taken the opportunity to increase prices accordingly. Most of the tickets are now priced between 60 and 120 euros.

First Team Breakthrough KazHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Liam Miller View Post

Cheers
    àpparently they only decide two weeks in advance which day they play on. Been at Valencia v Athletico this weekend 4.15 Saturday KO, could have been a Friday night Sunday or Monday. Ticket was 25 quid.

The major change is they've just moved to their new Wanda Metropolitano stadium. They've taken the opportunity to increase prices accordingly. Most of the tickets are now priced between 60 and 120 euros.
    Oooft, duck that. Been to the Bernabeu loads of times and also been to Malaga 3 times, Barca twice, Espanyol, Betis and Mallorca once and never paid anything near £60 for a ticket.

@hibs.net private member nonshinyfinish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    Ah right.

Does the new stadium have a motorway running under one of the stands? If not then it is objectively worse.

Ah right.

Does the new stadium have a motorway running under one of the stands? If not then it is objectively worse.
    Going to Real v Real Betis next Wednesday at the Bernabeu.

50 euros for a ticket.

Going back in January when hopefully Atletico will be at home.,

Quote Originally Posted by Gorebridge Hibb View Post
    Going to Real v Real Betis next Wednesday at the Bernabeu.

50 euros for a ticket.

Going back in January when hopefully Atletico will be at home.,
    They got heating in their new stadium? Madrid is freezing in January, be warmer at ER lol. Bernabeu has heaters in winter that blast hot air out to try and keep you warm.

Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    And I believe it was finished on time, thus saving their fans the long trip to Murrayfield.