hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    @hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kavinho View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just think they'll not be done in time for our game.
    You wouldn't be boycotting it Billy would you?!
    Not at all. Maybe just being selfish as I'm an away season ticket holder and guaranteed a ticket wherever it is.
    We usually get just under 4,000 for Tynie, but at this time of year we could easily sell up to 10,000 for this game, which would swell their coffers quite a bit
    Wonder what other Hibs fans would think if this was to happen?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Not at all. Maybe just being selfish as I'm an away season ticket holder and guaranteed a ticket wherever it is.
    We usually get just under 4,000 for Tynie, but at this time of year we could easily sell up to 10,000 for this game, which would swell their coffers quite a bit
    Wonder what other Hibs fans would think if this was to happen?

I would love to be among ten thousand fellow Hibbies away to Hearts.

I'm not convinced they're making as much money from Murrayfield as some people think.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by SRH View Post
    Why don't Millwall play at Wembley?
    Because Spurs play there

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Owning a house and having to stay in rented accommodation while you refurbish is not a financial bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Scouse Hibby View Post
    Owning a house and having to stay in rented accommodation while you refurbish is not a financial bonus.
    It would be if you could get 40 Poles (other nationalities are available) to rent mattresses in the rented property for £100 each a week. Seen it done on Nightmare Tenants.

@hibs.net private member
    No, no and no. However murrayfield should be the national football stadium. Hampdens a dump.

Quote Originally Posted by Col2 View Post
    We will be playing at Murrayfield. It will be at the end of the year and will be because those idiots will still have a stand unfinished.
    Every chance. It will be more than 3 games they play there

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    It would be if you could get 40 Poles (other nationalities are available) to rent mattresses in the rented property for £100 each a week. Seen it done on Nightmare Tenants.
    How would that help if I needed to live there myself?

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    I would love to be among ten thousand fellow Hibbies away to Hearts.

I'm not convinced they're making as much money from Murrayfield as some people think.
    If game on 27th December is played at Tynecastle several thousand Hibs supporters who`d like to won`t go and probably a fair number of Hearts fans too . In old days when Derby was played on 1st January it was a massive occasion ( 36000 at 7v0 game for example ) but that was when we only played twice a season in league and there was public transport on 1st ( and far more fans lived within walking distance ) . I`m not a rugby fan but know that Edinburgh v Glasgow double header has had big crowds in both cities over Christmas and New Year . If Hibs v Hearts was played every year on 1st January ( or other date in holiday period but suspect TV money on 1st January might be important ) at Murrayfield and marketed well ( sounds terrible but no worse than taking money from sponsors ) I think there`d be crowds of 30,000 plus every year whoever was supposed to be at home .

Quote Originally Posted by Jones28 View Post
    With the lease on Hampden running out in 2020 I can see it being considered. How old is Murrayfield? It's years since I've been and I don't know what sort of state it's in.
    The SFA will need to decide about Hampden soon then.

It's 2017 and Euros are being played there in 2020 - well 3 games I believe.

Can't see anything anytime soon - so just expect the same random posts and discussions in this topic for next 5 years and no change.

First Team Regular dalkeith stu's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: hibeestu07
    Went passed murrayfield a few times yesterday before and after the game and there didn't seem much in the way of segregation. Lots of fans mixed on the walk back to Haymarket after it too. This may be a big problem if we undoubtedly have to play them there in December.

Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    No need to worry. You're way out in front.
    Nowhere near with Hermit Crab still there!

Quote Originally Posted by City of Green View Post
    That was a good 15 years ago ?

I can't see them entering discussions now though would make sense as both need a soultion but have spent lots on improvements and issues like BT sponsoring Murrayfield till 2021.

I think it was even longer, maybe 25 years ago(?). I haven't heard anything from those of the top at the SFA recently that makes me think their attitudes have changed in the intervening years though.

As others have said, a shared stadium like the Welsh have would be perfect, but Scotland is a different kettle of fish, with the SRU entrenched n Edinburgh and the SFA likewise in Glasgow.

FWIW, I liked the proposal of moving the National Stadium to Strathclyde country park, but wasn't too keen on the design, as it included an athletics track, so the fans would be miles from the pitch.