hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 31 to 58 of 58
  1. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by Renfrew_Hibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    My home town was Ayr, great to know there's another Hibby flaunting the Emerald Green as I once did!

    I actually have a pint every now and then with a Dundee Utd fan who does exactly the same ha ha.

    There are a few Hibees in Ayr now, usually found in the Market in as it is a Hun free zone.


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #32
    Just reading all the posts relating to Ayr, I'd like to propose an Ayr social gathering asap!

  4. #33
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    1,356
    Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    To be fair, whatever the SFA, polis or rangers do.. it's not going to have an effect on a******e behaviour in salou. **** are **** - you are absolutely correct that not nearly enough is done to sort things out at/around matches over here though.
    Aye true but they do it on holiday as they get away with it at home.

  5. #34
    @hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Last Train to Skaville
    Age
    51
    Posts
    9,034
    Quote Originally Posted by City of Green View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Old Firm as bad as each other and the cancer of Scottish Football.
    Nothing to do with football. Racists and bigots who choose football as the platform.

  6. #35
    @hibs.net private member .Sean.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Haddington
    Age
    27
    Posts
    7,676
    Quote Originally Posted by glenberviehibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sitting in Shooters bar in Salou this afternoon wearing my Hibbie top minding my own business listening to the game on Hibs TV.in comes a few sevco supporters and then suddenly im a Fenxxxn hibs Basxxxd etc.they then started chanting there vile sectarian songs before being chucked out asking me for a square go as they were leaving and im a 55 year old man.I really hate them so much and they are discra
    ce to our country I was so embarrassed.
    Typical bullying Hun tactics, vocal big men when they're in a crowd of fellow pondlife. Should've got one of them on his own and booted his **** in.

    3-2
    ''It's always been just part of the culture. Growing up, for most working-class kids, is all about football, music or clothes. You might not have much money, but whatever you have got, you're going to look good.'' - Paul Weller

  7. #36
    First Team Breakthrough The Pointer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Two hours west of the weege.
    Posts
    362
    Quote Originally Posted by The Harp Awakes View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Aye. There you go:

    https://youtu.be/5ekfMq3hgXc

    The RAF storm troopers to the tune of Rule Britania.

    Them and the diet Huns won the World Wars single handedly apparently


    That is cringeworthy and embarrassing.

    My old man (ex-RAF) will be birling in his grave at this but why the MoD want to be involved in something which is completely sectarian I'll never know. I support the official Armed Forces Day when it's on during the summer but this seems to be just a Hun funded day out to prop up their own supremacist fantasyland.

  8. #37
    I only want to say the Scottish Cup is in the bag... Sir David Gray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Posts
    30,094
    Quote Originally Posted by IGRIGI View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's "pleasing" to see the psychological damage we inflicted on them with the 3-2 win.
    Which one?
    HIBERNIAN F.C. - SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016

    21.05.2016

  9. #38
    @hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,249
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    That's not true. The Huns are ten times worse than anyone else.
    2 cheeks of the same arse but yes, the huns behave worse, celtic fans sing their backwards songs along with the huns but I haven't actively seen any celtic fans looking for trouble, huns on the other hand....

  10. #39
    @hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    edinburgh
    Posts
    10,295
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigHibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    2 cheeks of the same arse but yes, the huns behave worse, celtic fans sing their backwards songs along with the huns but I haven't actively seen any celtic fans looking for trouble, huns on the other hand....
    They have a real hatred built into them, and I would say it's getting worse the more anyone criticises them.
    [SIGPIC]

  11. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by City of Green View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Old Firm as bad as each other and the cancer of Scottish Football.
    Sorry but that is just total Biloxi! Just how many times have we read on this forum about Huns verbally/physically abusing Hibbies in Glasgow or elsewhere? Compare that to the amount of times we have had bother from Tic fans. There are some similarities and there was hypocritical collusion in the past when their board teamed up with the Huns to stitch up every other team in the Premier but they are miles away from being the same.
    As to the OP, I just can't defend you here...you were evidently goading the the Huns by sitting quietly and minding your own business. Throw in the fact you even dared to wear a Hibs t-shirt that day in a foreign 'neutral' country. You were obviously looking for bother

  12. #41
    @hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    West Upper
    Age
    33
    Posts
    15,670
    Quote Originally Posted by brianmc View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Funnily/sadly enough that was my first thought as well.

    This week marks the 10th anniversary of James McFadden scoring his ahem wonder goal against France - a game I watched in the IBROX BAR in Salou.... So the fact the OP encountered some bigots there disnae surprise me.
    Are you serious? I was in that bar that night as well, 3 of us on a weeks jolly, I actually bumped into my ex gf and her new man in there that same night watching the game, it was bizarre. Horrible bar inside, red hands everywhere

  13. #42
    @hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Age
    38
    Posts
    2,249
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    They have a real hatred built into them, and I would say it's getting worse the more anyone criticises them.
    Very true bud, as soon as you point out to the majority of their fans what they are doing wrong they turn into even bigger mutants

  14. #43
    Private Members Prediction League Winner Hibrandenburg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Brandenburg
    Age
    51
    Posts
    8,834
    Yesterday I took my boy to watch Hertha v Werder. He's a born Berliner so it's understandable that Hertha is his team so we went into the Hertha fan block. Trouble is I've followed Werder Bremen since I first arrived in Germany so I wore my green n white Werder colours and was sat in amongst a sea of blue. Other than a wee bit of friendly banter and me offering my boy for adoption there wasn't even a hint of animosity never mind trouble.

    Celtic and The Rangers fans must be amongst the most backward on the planet, football is secondary to them.

  15. #44
    Coaching Staff lyonhibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Zurich
    Age
    32
    Posts
    11,269
    Quote Originally Posted by Wee Effen Bee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sorry but that is just total Biloxi! Just how many times have we read on this forum about Huns verbally/physically abusing Hibbies in Glasgow or elsewhere? Compare that to the amount of times we have had bother from Tic fans. There are some similarities and there was hypocritical collusion in the past when their board teamed up with the Huns to stitch up every other team in the Premier but they are miles away from being the same.
    As to the OP, I just can't defend you here...you were evidently goading the the Huns by sitting quietly and minding your own business. Throw in the fact you even dared to wear a Hibs t-shirt that day in a foreign 'neutral' country. You were obviously looking for bother
    Celtc fans are mostly civil to us because of this patronising "little cousins" chat that they and oddly some on here are happy to perpetuate.

    Ask Hearts or indeed probably fans of most other SPL teams whether they think Celtc fans are cuddly green and white teddy bears (Hun reference unintended) and I suspect you'll get some interesting answers.

    Both as bad as each other overall. Huns do seem to congregate in even ****mier pubs abroad though, that's true.

  16. #45
    @hibs.net private member calumhibee1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,280
    Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Celtc fans are mostly civil to us because of this patronising "little cousins" chat that they and oddly some on here are happy to perpetuate.

    Ask Hearts or indeed probably fans of most other SPL teams whether they think Celtc fans are cuddly green and white teddy bears (Hun reference unintended) and I suspect you'll get some interesting answers.

    Both as bad as each other overall. Huns do seem to congregate in even ****mier pubs abroad though, that's true.
    Other than Hearts I can guarantee you almost every other team in Scotland will find Rangers the worse of the two.

  17. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Other than Hearts I can guarantee you almost every other team in Scotland will find Rangers the worse of the two.
    It's hardly scientific but there was a poll on Kickback recently about who they disliked most and Rangers 'won' by a decent margin. The Dundee Utd and Aberdeen fans I know absolutely despise them as well.

    I think a lot of people are more than aware of the issues Celtic have but there's no doubt in my mind that Rangers are far, far worse and it goes far deeper to the very core of the club than it does across the city.
    I fell in love with football as I was later to fall in love with women,. Suddenly, uncritically giving no thought to the pain it could bring. - Nick Hornby

  18. #47
    First Team Breakthrough
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Glasgow
    Posts
    130
    Quote Originally Posted by calumhibee1 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Other than Hearts I can guarantee you almost every other team in Scotland will find Rangers the worse of the two.
    Getting a train back from Manchester and a bunch of them pissed drunk singing about Barry Ferguson and the likes. I wasn't enjoying the fact they were being intimidating to the whole carriage, but there was nothing offensive per se about any of their songs - until they bashed out 'sha la la la la, Tommy Robinson!!' in the direction of an asian family walking through the cabin...

    Hateful, hateful ****

  19. #48
    @hibs.net private member AndyM_1875's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    The People's Republic of Fife
    Posts
    2,463
    My 2 Uncles were serving Royal Marines, my late dad was also an Army man for 5 years.
    All of them saw action.

    All of them despised Rangers.

  20. #49
    @hibs.net private member Keekaboo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Heading home...
    Posts
    17,707
    Quote Originally Posted by Wee Effen Bee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ...
    As to the OP, I just can't defend you here...you were evidently goading the the Huns by sitting quietly and minding your own business. Throw in the fact you even dared to wear a Hibs t-shirt that day in a foreign 'neutral' country. You were obviously looking for bother

    I bet Police Scotland are checking CCTV from Salou to find the evil Hibby that 'goaded' these innocent The Rangers fans.

  21. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Yesterday I took my boy to watch Hertha v Werder. He's a born Berliner so it's understandable that Hertha is his team so we went into the Hertha fan block. Trouble is I've followed Werder Bremen since I first arrived in Germany so I wore my green n white Werder colours and was sat in amongst a sea of blue. Other than a wee bit of friendly banter and me offering my boy for adoption there wasn't even a hint of animosity never mind trouble.

    Celtic and The Rangers fans must be amongst the most backward on the planet, football is secondary to them.
    It's funny - my most similar memory to this was at a Bremen game too.. home to Leverkusen, and one of their fans was sat amongst the home guys. He was giving it the conducting hands and wind up patter and I seen no unsavoury reaction at all. The most he probably got was from our boys (simply at the game on holiday from Scotland)

    I remember thinking that would never happen over here (let alone at a game involving the old firm!!)

    Don't get me wrong.. I wouldn't for a second want to start having mixed supports in our stadiums. Just noting that I experienced the same thing!

  22. #51
    @hibs.net private member proud_and_green's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Galashiels
    Age
    55
    Posts
    1,064
    [QUOTE=Wee Effen Bee;5164932]Sorry but that is just total Biloxi! Just how many times have we read on this forum about Huns verbally/physically abusing Hibbies in Glasgow or elsewhere? Compare that to the amount of times we have had bother from Tic fans. There are some similarities and there was hypocritical collusion in the past when their board teamed up with the Huns to stitch up every other team in the Premier but they are miles away from being the same.
    As to the OP, I just can't defend you here...you were evidently goading the the Huns by sitting quietly and minding your own business. Throw in the fact you even dared to wear a Hibs t-shirt that day in a foreign 'neutral' country. You were obviously looking for bother[/QUOTE]

    Quite agree, I have heard that the OP actually suggested at one point he couldn't quite hear them and cupped a hand to one of his ears. The Hun are to be applauded at the remarkable restraint they showed.

    We really need to be less aggressive in our actions! Particularly when dealing with amoeba brained, knuckle dragging, pond life such as are very common in the support of Der Hun!

  23. #52
    @hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    lincolnshire
    Age
    57
    Posts
    12,317
    Watched the first half of them getting thrashed by celtc last season in the highlander bar in Puerto Rico. Everything about the place was Hun. Scowling bloaters in ill fitting huns tops and that was just the women.

    When one guy who was quite amicable found out we were hibbies his whole demeanour changed. Said we'd no doubt be happy with the way it was going and moved away from us.

    We childishly wrote 3-2 on all the beer mats and something about Warburton on a picture of uncle Walter shaking hands with someone then headed off to a bar full of celtc types and a few Hibbies for the second half.



    Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

    "I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

    Sir Matt Busby

  24. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I bet Police Scotland are checking CCTV from Salou to find the evil Hibby that 'goaded' these innocent The Rangers fans.
    Don't need to check cctv it was me a 55 year old man listening to hibs tv wearing a hibs top.next time I probably will just wear a tee shirt although I'm always proud to wear our colours.

  25. #54
    @hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Down East
    Posts
    9,794
    Quote Originally Posted by glenberviehibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Sitting in Shooters bar in Salou this afternoon wearing my Hibbie top minding my own business listening to the game on Hibs TV.in comes a few sevco supporters and then suddenly im a Fenxxxn hibs Basxxxd etc.they then started chanting there vile sectarian songs before being chucked out asking me for a square go as they were leaving and im a 55 year old man.I really hate them so much and they are discra
    ce to our country I was so embarrassed.
    Are you sure it was Shooters and not here --->>> Salou Ibrox.jpg

  26. #55
    Secret Agent dangermouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Carrick Knowe
    Age
    57
    Posts
    4,128
    Quote Originally Posted by glenberviehibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Don't need to check cctv it was me a 55 year old man listening to hibs tv wearing a hibs top.next time I probably will just wear a tee shirt although I'm always proud to wear our colours.
    You'll get done for indecent exposure instead

  27. #56
    Testimonial Due kaimendhibs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Kaimend
    Posts
    2,330
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are you sure it was Shooters and not here --->>> Salou Ibrox.jpg
    Been to salou a few times and thanfully have never seen that dump

    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

  28. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by City of Green View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Old Firm as bad as each other and the cancer of Scottish Football.
    In what way are we as bad as each other?

  29. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by The Harp Awakes View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Aye. There you go:

    https://youtu.be/5ekfMq3hgXc

    The RAF storm troopers to the tune of Rule Britania.

    Them and the diet Huns won the World Wars single handedly apparently
    'Love armed forces day. What an amazing atmosphere n support for all sections of the armed forces. Hope you all enjoyed the game and the score line. Thanks for all you do'



    Just don't expect them to pay their taxes towards the armed-forces - it's uncanny the Huns and the diets share so many of the very same character-traits !

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved