hibs.net Messageboard

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by 660 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Here’s a radical thought, they were pish because Hibs stopped them from playing their usual way.
    That's very possible but don't see anybody arguing that point

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by BoomtownHibeys View Post
    That's very possible but don't see anybody arguing that point
    The poster is saying they were pish and using it as a negative rather than crediting the reason for their performance today was down to how we played!!!That's my point...they aren't a crap team...so give us some credit for the way we performed today perhaps as a reason for This?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    The poster is saying they were pish and using it as a negative rather than crediting the reason for their performance today was down to how we played!!!That's my point...they aren't a crap team...so give us some credit for the way we performed today perhaps as a reason for This?

Looking at today's game in isolation we should have won tho, I'm sure you agree?

Before the game I would have took a point in a heartbeat but with the way the game went we should have had enough quality to win the game today, regardless of how good St J have been over the last few years

Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    I think next week Big Davey should get the chance to start up front with Stokes. Murray's had a decent start but don't think he's been fantastic the last three games and when there's international quality competition on the bench I don't think you can afford to do that in this team.
    Agree, Murray missed two sitters today, though he did set up the goal well. For me, he is too inconsistent, big Dave should get more than the 30 seconds he got today!

You still haven't acknowledged the fact that I never said they were crap. I said they were crap today. I thought they were negative and happy with a point. Considering their standing over the last few years I'd have expected more.

Hibs were wasteful and I thought we missed a chance to win the game.
    As we did at Dundee. I fail to see how that is me being overly negative.

Barely been on here in weeks mate...this place is a total joke full of bams who seem to love it when we don't win....the day a point in Perth against an unbeaten St J side is viewed as poor....we r just back after 3 years in championship and some think we should be winning every week. It's just nonsense ...total and utter nonsense. This St J team were 10 mins away from beating Celtic 2 weeks ago...and we've played them off the park today

I don't / can't read every post on this forum mate, but I don't recall seeing anyone ever posting that they think Hibs should be winning every week. If so, that really would be utter nonsense.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibeesforever View Post
    Agree, Murray missed two sitters today, though he did set up the goal well. For me, he is too inconsistent, big Dave should get more than the 30 seconds he got today!
    It probably don't go down well but I don't think Murray should be any more than a backup or rotation option - he's just not composed enough to be a regular starter in this league IMO. Davey and Stokes would be a prolific pairing I feel, but if Murray can work on his first touch and finding himself space then he'd give them something to think about.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Given how well we seemed to play today, I can understand people saying that they are disappointed with the result. Doesn't make it a bad result though.

Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    Were all dooomed, dooomed I say, after 4 games.

Thanks for making my point so well that people respond to something without reading it properly, therefore putting in their own interpretation.

Another game we should have won. First 20 was poor but we played well and dominated after that and should have picked up 3 points. Stokes, Boyle and McGinn were outstanding.

If we're going to reach the heights of top 3 or 4 we need to start putting games like this away. Dundee and St Johnstone have no right to walk away with a point in our two games. We must be more ruthless.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post
    Given how well we seemed to play today, I can understand people saying that they are disappointed with the result. Doesn't make it a bad result though.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

It probably don't go down well but I don't think Murray should be any more than a backup or rotation option - he's just not composed enough to be a regular starter in this league IMO. Davey and Stokes would be a prolific pairing I feel, but if Murray can work on his first touch and finding himself space then he'd give them something to think about.
    What are you basing this assessment of Dave on?

@hibs.net private member
    Wasn't there today but cant really understand the negative comments. Would certainly have settled for a point before this game so not disappointed. St J. have been punching above their weight for a good few seasons now so to have returned with a point today isn't at all bad imo. We've just returned to the top tier so I'd say we're doing alright so far. If we keep progressing the way we've been doing, it's going to be a good season.

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    If we are going to mention The Rangers having a player wrongly sent off, why no mention of the Dundee penalty being a dive? Or at least one penalty in the same game being denied. Puts that result into more perspective. A point at Perth has been a prisoner for years. We have a terrible record against them especially on their patch.

Left by mutual consent!
    We havent won the last 2 games is our own fault and that makes me more comfortable. I think not taking the chances is more fixable than just being pish.

Testimonial Due
    Inconsistent lol Murray is our top scorer

Still think we're in a small acclimatising window where it's alright to avoid defeat as long as we're showing up well. Clearly we are with the exception of Hamilton, so we're doing better than just treading water and sixth is alright for now given we look a bit better than that.

In two months if we're not winning despite dominating games then it's a problem - not so much now.

Left by mutual consent!
    I’m more concerned about conceding first in every single game than missing chances tbh.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    What are you basing this assessment of Dave on?
    If squad rotation is a good enough excuse to drop Lewis then Dave deserves his turn. His pedigree in the game is impressive.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    If squad rotation is a good enough excuse to drop Lewis then Dave deserves his turn. His pedigree in the game is impressive.

He obviously deserves game time to see what he can do - not just a few minutes here and there.

Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post

He obviously deserves game time to see what he can do - not just a few minutes here and there.
    Nanoseconds today. Bizarre.

I wouldn't disagree with that - not sure there's anything to suggest him and Stokes would be prolific though.

Can understand Lennon trying to ease the Lithuanians in. But the lack of game time given to big Dave so far is a bit weird to be honest.

Murray led the line very well today and also created other chances as well, all strikers miss chances.

Some of Murray's play today against a packed defence was excellent, thought he played really well. yeas he missed a couple of chances but what striker doesn't.

I’m more concerned about conceding first in every single game than missing chances tbh.
    If you turn that point on its head, perhaps if we didn't miss so many chances we wouldn't be conceding the first goal in every match.

@hibs.net private member
    Conceding the first goal takes away the fear of losing the first goal #butcherlogic

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Glory Lurker View Post
    Nanoseconds today. Bizarre.
    Think more running the clock down. The Liths have done a lot of air miles this week and probably why they were rested. Think also typical Saints performance - negative, catch you on the break and very physical. Remember too they drew at Parkhead last week.

I think if we hadn't lost to Hamilton, and the nature we lost in, moods would be different I think. Yeah we couldve won against both Dundee and St Johnstone, and we couldve also not have won at Ibrox if they had 11 men. But I think the encouraging thing, barring the 2nd half against Accies, weve been playing some good football. I've got faith that things will click up top and we'll start converting more wins, but it's still so early in the season. Bring on Well next Saturday!

Quote Originally Posted by Hibee Mac View Post
    Another game we should have won in the end, Danny Swanson needs a run in the team.
    Based on what?

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Go back and read my post again. And come back and tell me where I said they are crap. I said they were crap today. That's a different thing completely.
    Couple of parts to this they were not at there best today we failed.to capitilise on that again in a match by missing very good chances. Were St J not as good because we didn't allow.them to be.
    They got away with it cos we didnt.punish them like Hamilton did to us ... St J will a problem.to teams all season ....our lack of taking chances and not being sid defensively will be a problem for us being.where we want in league and cups if we don't sort it