hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Brandon Barker

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I thought Barker was good today, and was good when he came in against Aberdeen last week.

For me, he's a very talented player with a lot of potential. The more games he gets at this level, the better he'll get.
    Agree with this.

He needs to work on a few things but he wouldn't be at hibs if he didn't. Main things at the moment are getting to the byeline more and getting his shots/crosses in more quickly .

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    He's improving every game he plays. He will make it, that's for sure.

It was probably his best performance for us going forward, but in my view he might have cost us the game. Barker has little interest in defending and that cost us that crucial first goal. I actually blame Lennon for this though. IMO its been obvious every time he's played for us that he only wants the ball at his feet. He shouldn't have been in the starting XI in a game we needed 11 players willing to put a defensive shift in, and we really needed to be in the game at HT in. Stokes is already one luxury in that respect, arguably. Fine to bring him on at HT or on the hour, especially when Celtc we starting to tire, but don't start with him. That should have been the game plan anyway given their tiredness, and is one reason Boyle did so well. he wouldn't have done as well if he'd started IMO. I honestly think if we were one down at HT or on the hour yesterday we'd have gone through.

He's worth persevering with though and if we do I suspect he'll score an wonder goal or two for us by the end of the season. We just have to be realistic about what he brings to the table though. There's a reason he's with us on loan. Play him in the right games, at the right times and he will do good things for us.

Quote Originally Posted by hibsdaft View Post
    It was probably his best performance for us going forward, but in my view he might have cost us the game. Barker has little interest in defending and that cost us that crucial first goal. I actually blame Lennon for this though. IMO its been obvious every time he's played for us that he only wants the ball at his feet. He shouldn't have been in the starting XI in a game we needed 11 players willing to put a defensive shift in, and we really needed to be in the game at HT in. Stokes is already one luxury in that respect, arguably. Fine to bring him on at HT or on the hour, especially when Celtc we starting to tire, but don't start with him. That should have been the game plan anyway given their tiredness, and is one reason Boyle did so well. he wouldn't have done as well if he'd started IMO. I honestly think if we were one down at HT or on the hour yesterday we'd have gone through.

He's worth persevering with though and if we do I suspect he'll score an wonder goal or two for us by the end of the season. We just have to be realistic about what he brings to the table though. There's a reason he's with us on loan. Play him in the right games, at the right times and he will do good things for us.

That is just about how I see it.
    HAve to admit thought before kick off his inclusion in the starting team against Celtic was an error and despite the odd nice touches really was not the man for the job.
    Last edited by hhibs; 22-10-2017 at 12:19 PM.

Thought he was good yesterday, good at St Johnstone and excellent against Motherwell. As far as I can remember they might be his only starts? He tends to fade in games he starts but that will get better the more he plays. For me him and Boyle should start every game. Booked pace and barkers ability to skip past a player are huge threats. I also think barker has the potential to play in the role behind the strikers he looked effective when he came on against Aberdeen going through the middle

I like him I think he has a lot of potential.he certainly played better than Patrick Roberts yesterday considering how much higher rated Roberts is compared to Barker.

Well played Brandon. The boy is getting better each game.

Knocks it by folk for fun. Fitness is getting there. Looking forward to seeing more of him and him grow and grow in confidence. Not the finished article but gave them a torrid time frequently.

From his Twitter account:

That win is for the fans! Outstanding from the first whistle, what a game and what a performance from the boys!!! Love ittttt

https://mobile.twitter.com/BrandonBarker96/status/922936654104596481

The lad has more natural talent than most we have had last 15 years, absolute baller

Nice to see him on the ball more, it's finally starting to click for him.

Still think he needs to make better runs and improve his movement in behind/decision making however he has a lot of raw talent and a dangerous player to have on the park.

@hibs.net private member SteveHFC's Avatar
    Been our best player for the last 2 games.
    Less talk, more gifs. 21.05.16

BALLER. I was very excited when he signed - I'm even more excited now he's started to show his class. Any chance of him signing on a permanent deal Hibs?

Testimonial Due NadeAteMyLunch!'s Avatar
    What a turn of pace on the laddie. Outstanding at times

Quote Originally Posted by SteveHFC View Post
    Been our best player for the last 2 games.
    He has been good but he isn't even close to McGeouchs level. He is playing the best football of his life.

Quote Originally Posted by Dunbar Hibee View Post
    I like him but there is times he actually looks scared to run at players/ take them on. Boyle was much more effective when he came on.
    I know this was before the derby but pretty amazed anyone could say that. Being a winger is hard these days as they get doubled up on but this boy has magic feet and a stunning turn of pace. I've never seen a Hibs winger look less scared to take someone on- his 90 yard run against Celtic was stunning.

We're a tough crowd - lots of nit picking. I'd rather just admire his attacking flair.

@hibs.net private member hibees 7062's Avatar
    Hertz knocked him back before he came to us

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vault Boy View Post
    BALLER. I was very excited when he signed - I'm even more excited now he's started to show his class. Any chance of him signing on a permanent deal Hibs?

I would have to say no chance, on 10k week at city who have high hopes for him.

No chance we can sign him....but on another point if people thing Walker is a £1m player i assume we get £2m for Boyle? Walker is done

@hibs.net private member Johnny_Leith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    No chance we can sign him....but on another point if people thing Walker is a £1m player i assume we get £2m for Boyle? Walker is done
    I thought this also, he's really regressed and looks like he's chucked it mentally.

I thought both our wingers were superb, Barker is going to be a player for us now he's had a bit of bedding in time.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermit Crab View Post
    I would have to say no chance, on 10k week at city who have high hopes for him.
    He’s 21 now, chances of making at City now are going to be limited, but he’s going to have to make a choice soon, money or his career
    I really enjoyed watching him last night, particularly 1st half

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Barker and Boyle are like playing with two Ivan Sproules.

Excellent pace and ability, but decision making isn't fantastic. They're both young, though, and still great players. It's so great to see us actually playing with pace for once.

@hibs.net private member Hermit Crab's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RagingReality View Post
    Barker and Boyle are like playing with two Ivan Sproules.

Excellent pace and ability, but decision making isn't fantastic. They're both young, though, and still great players. It's so great to see us actually playing with pace for once.
    Barker is 10x the player Boyle is.

Potentially but at the moment Boyle has more assists and goals this season

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Quote Originally Posted by hibees 7062 View Post
    Hertz knocked him back before he came to us
    Yes, I said this before. I am not sure at which stage in the window he was 'offered' but Barker was offered to Hearts at some point in the last window and they didnt even want to take a look at him I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    He’s 21 now, chances of making at City now are going to be limited, but he’s going to have to make a choice soon, money or his career
    He’ll be at Hibs next season on a four year contract. At least some drunk in the Four In Hand slurred that it my ear. Or it might have been ‘get them in you tight bar steward.’ Not sure.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Bollocks

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    He won't make it at City .. Patrick Roberts couldn't either.

I like him but MCFC is a completely different level now...

He played well last night

Agreed, so much more skill and ability than Boyle.

@hibs.net private member Spike Mandela's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Don’t agree. Both plsyers improving all the time.

I’m just grateful we have both at the same time. Great trickery, great pace and a brilliant outball for the defence when under pressure.