hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Brandon Barker

Brandon Barker

One of the interesting features of this season will be watching Brandon Barker develop during his time at Hibs.

He didn't offer much in his first game against Hamilton, but I was more impressed with his display away to Dundee. Seems willing to take players on, deliver good crosses and was happy to shoot with either foot.

I'm expecting him to get better with more games under his belt. Hope today he gets a goal to build his confidence for the months to come.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Elephant Stone
    Left by mutual consent!
    Thought he was just a wee bit behind Bartley for MOTM against Dundee. Looks like an excellent player and it will be a joy to see him on one wing and Boyle on the other.

Left by mutual consent!
    Thought he was excellent against Dundee and looking forward to seeing him again today.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    No better than average today but let's not forget St Johnstone and Richard Foster is no slouch and very experienced.He kept him quiet and gave Swanson zero when he came on.

Left by mutual consent!
    Was very good on the ball today and at times in the first half Foster couldn't get near him. But he needs to play a bit more dangerously and make himself available in more dangerous areas. Keeping posesssion isn't always what we need.

I'm wondering as to the reasoning behind the holes in his socks on the calf

Dodgy socks indeed

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    He's a 'baller who will go very far in the game. We are extremely lucky to have him. Come next month he will be a superstar.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He's a 'baller who will go very far in the game. We are extremely lucky to have him. Come next month he will be a superstar.
    based on his performances so far for us that seems unlikely.

hope your right though

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor Park View Post
    based on his performances so far for us that seems unlikely.

hope your right though

He has all the skill in the world In his locker and his attitude is incredibly good. He speaks like a gangster but he's going to be be some player.

Quote Originally Posted by kaimendhibs View Post
    Dodgy socks indeed

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Gareth bale does it too but smaller holes
    Bale's season has been blighted by three calf injuries and in a bid to prevent further time on the treatment table he's taken unorthodox measures, cutting holes in both his socks. Relieves pressure apparently
    Last edited by j'adore hibs; 10-09-2017 at 11:38 AM.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Brandon is a young lad learning his trade. A few appearances off the bench over the next few games, will do him no harm

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    boy that's on hibs tv with cliff suggested it relieves pressure on his calfs...or sommit like that :)

Quote Originally Posted by DarrenSQH View Post
    Bloody hell .... I've seen it all now

Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    One of the interesting features of this season will be watching Brandon Barker develop during his time at Hibs.

He didn't offer much in his first game against Hamilton, but I was more impressed with his display away to Dundee. Seems willing to take players on, deliver good crosses and was happy to shoot with either foot.

I'm expecting him to get better with more games under his belt. Hope today he gets a goal to build his confidence for the months to come.
    Well, I see one thread on Brandon has been deleted.

So, I'm going to post my thoughts then close the thread until such time as we are all in a better position to assess the player.

As many have said in the now closed thread, in the first half he was good, sometimes very good, often over playing it. But then, so did others.

Then his form dipped. As did others. He's 20, born 4th October 1996. He's only 20.

That said, I was surprised how poor he was in the second half. Very poor. He's only 20, but he'll have to learn that he needs to be a lot better than that if he's going to make it in the game - it's Motherwell he was playing, not the big names of the Premiership. He's well respected at Man City and they'll expect much better than what he offerred in the 2nd half. We all know that.

Let's move on and let's hope he learns from today and becomes a better player, whether that's at Hibs or somewhere else.

Thread closed for the moment!

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    First half was good but the second half was below standard. He has to get used to first team football. To be fair to him, he's not the only Hibs player at the moment who is lacking consistency through 90 minutes.

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    He looked good in the first half on the left and caused Motherwell a few problems. Why was he switched to the right in the second half? As some have said hes a young lad, he'll make mistakes but I think we can all see he has a bit of talent, hopefully he will get better and better as the seasons wears on. I'd be inclined for us the be a bit more solid as the moment and would use him as a possible impact player from the bench in the forthcoming matches. Not sure its worth persisting with at the moment with the Boyle on one side and Barker on the other side tactic, its leaving us short in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    He looked good in the first half on the left and caused Motherwell a few problems. Why was he switched to the right in the second half? As some have said hes a young lad, he'll make mistakes but I think we can all see he has a bit of talent, hopefully he will get better and better as the seasons wears on. I'd be inclined for us the be a bit more solid as the moment and would use him as a possible impact player from the bench in the forthcoming matches. Not sure its worth persisting with at the moment with the Boyle on one side and Barker on the other side tactic, its leaving us short in the middle.
    I think this is spot on. At times in the first half he looked excellent - our most dangerous player in fact (although McGinn delivered some lovely through balls - including the one for the penalty).

Motherwell were getting two and three defenders over to him all the time so they obviously had concerns about him. He still managed to deliver a good few quality balls into the box though.

Second half he just faded out the game and Boyle had made very little impact throughout. That made it extremely difficult for McGinn and Bartley as you say.

Barker looks like he has a lot of ability but I agree we need to concentrate more on being solid in the middle. Our formation yesterday also implied that two of our most able players with the ball at their feet (McGeouch and Slivka) were sitting on the bench. I can see what Lennon was trying to do but it didn't work.

I definitely think that Barker has something though and I think he'll make a valuable contribution for us while he's here.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    He moved to the right when Boyle came off and Stokes was brought back to play on the left.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Coaching Staff
    I thought like many that his first half performance was good, but he over ran the ball in the second half.

I guess he's here to fine tune things, so that could be expected from a loan player.

I'd stick with him as he will get it right and open up a few defences as the season rolls on.

Started very well. Direct and can see the lad has talent. At times I felt he held on to the ball too much. Get it in the box!

I thought he tired after about an hour.

For me he's am impact player right now. Get Dylan or Sliv in the middle of the park with Murray,Stokes and Boyle up top

Can beat a player. Is he 110% committed, I'm yet to be convinced

What's everyone's thoughts on him?

I keep thinking he's about to do something special, but it just doesn't come off for the young lad. I think there is a lot of potential in him, we've just not seen it yet.

Here's hoping that this something special happens on Tuesday night.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Daniel1875

I keep thinking he's about to do something special, but it just doesn't come off for the young lad. I think there is a lot of potential in him, we've just not seen it yet.

I slated him on another thread before today’s game saying he’d be a waste of a jersey. Thought he was decent going forward but abysmal for the first goal. I think he’ll turn out like every other loan player that makes their way north of the border to us from a big English club.

Not a patch on our own Boyle, Barker has zero end product 90% of the time, the odd exciting run is eye catching but how many actually result in anything?

@hibs.net private member bingo70's Avatar
    I like him.

Hearts full backs are poor and he could have a field day if he starts.

Quote Originally Posted by bingo70 View Post
    I like him.

Hearts full backs are poor and he could have a field day if he starts.
    Wishful thinking mate, not much evidence Barker can have a field day against anyone

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by thebausburst View Post
    Wishful thinking mate, not much evidence Barker can have a field day against anyone
    Maybe try giving him a chance instead of constantly putting him and his ability down?

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Maybe try giving him a chance instead of constantly putting him and his ability down?
    He's had plent game time, just my opinion, not going to big him up just cause I'm a hibbie