hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Other games this weekend

2-0 Celtc within half an hour. Think we might struggle to win the league if they keep this sort of form up.

@hibs.net private member Northernhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Glory Lurker View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    2-0 Celtc within half an hour. Think we might struggle to win the league if they keep this sort of form up.
    No team can go a season unbeaten. We'll be fine.

Do you think your security can keep you in purity, you will not shake us off above or below. Scottish friction, Scottish fiction

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Northernhibee View Post
    No team can go a season unbeaten. We'll be fine.
    Yep, their goose is cooked, legendary Scotland manager Craig Levein has a plan, and a guy from relegated Raith and another one that morecambe sent back to tranmere.

Only a question of time for celtc. Just glad he never shared the plan with anyone else at Hearts until now or we'd never have had the Cathro era.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Three nil

@hibs.net private member silverhibee's Avatar
    Hamiltons plastic pitch is a joke.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by silverhibee View Post
    Hamiltons plastic pitch is a joke.
    There whole set up is a joke. I know they're in the league on sporting merit, but I really hope they go down and a proper team replaces them.

United we stand here....

Brown should have seen red for the snidey kick in the face on the Hamilton player.

PSG struggling.

Testimonial Due one day maybe...'s Avatar
    Ripped us a new one 😔

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Harry Potter and his assistant, Tom Petty watching the Hamilton v Celtic game

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    I don't think I've ever seen a more one sided game in my life.

United we stand here....

The BT Sport sound engineers have been busy tonight trying to cover up "the party songs"

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    The BT Sport sound engineers have been busy tonight trying to cover up "the party songs"
    Noticed that in the 1st half, IRA was heard then volume was gone

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Noticed that in the 1st half, IRA was heard then volume was gone
    Rather they did that than have that **** blasting out my tv to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Rather they did that than have that **** blasting out my tv to be honest.
    You know what annoys me about this and the coverage of the game, if a sweary word is caught from the technical area they f***ing apologise for it, yet when Celtc or the new club start the party songs they say nothing and turn of the microphones around the pitch and say nothing, no apology for the sectarian that folk have just heard, the police should charge BT and Sky for promoting it

You know what annoys me about this and the coverage of the game, if a sweary word is caught from the technical area they f***ing apologise for it, yet when Celtc or the new club start the party songs they say nothing and turn of the microphones around the pitch and say nothing, no apology for the sectarian that folk have just heard, the police should charge BT and Sky for promoting it
    But they did apparently apologise recently when those nasty Hibs fans starting singing a few songs that had obscenities in them.

Absolutely pathetic, the pair of them get away with it every week. I would love to see the TV companies temporarily stop their coverage and go back to the studio every time one of them starts singing about the IRA or King Billy or any of the other medieval pish that they come out with on a weekly basis.

I realise that will never happen but you can only hope.

Quote Originally Posted by HUTCHYHIBBY View Post
    https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/new...rowned-volume/

HOOPS FANS MUTED BT Sport bosses admit drowning out pro-IRA chants by Celtic fans during match against Hamilton Accies
    TV chiefs revealed they 'adjusted microphone settings' to 'prevent' viewers being offended during the SPFL match on Friday night
    By Robert Collins
    9th September 2017, 4:48 pm Updated: 9th September 2017, 5:31 pm
    Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
    NOW
    COMMENT
    TV BOSSES at BT Sport admitted drowning out pro-IRA chants by Celtic fans during their match against Hamilton Accies.

The Scottish Champions met at Accies’ ground on Friday night for their fifth SPFL match of the season, which was broadcast live on BT Sport.

Songs about the IRA were heard during the first half and there was a noticeable drop in volume when Hoops fans began belting out Merry Ploughboy.

Punters were quick to point out the sudden drop in volume and many took to Twitter to voice their views.

One Twitter user Brendan Ahearne wrote: “Did BT mute the Celtic fans as they were singing ‘The Merry Ploughboy’? I’m pretty sure they did.”

Another added: “BT sport turning down the mic volume when Celtic fans start singing about the IRA, what a time to be alive.”

And Martin Canavan wrote: “Noticeable that BT sport turn the volume down when the Celtic crowd sing a rebel song.”

Follow
    Brendan Ahearne @brendanahearne1
    Did BT mute the Celtic fans as they were singing 'The Merry Ploughboy'? I'm pretty sure they did.
    8:01 PM - Sep 8, 2017
    4 4 Replies Retweets likes
    Twitter Ads info and privacy
    BT Sport revealed they “adjust microphone settings” to “prevent” viewers being offended.

A spokesman said: “Inappropriate behaviour by fans at live sporting events has potential to cause offence.

“We try to prevent this across all live broadcasts by, for example, adjusting microphone settings.”

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    sheff wed 1 up v warburtons warriors

meanwhile, Super Leeds go 2nd with a thumping 5-0 v not so super Burton Albion :)

forest hit back 1-1
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 09-09-2017 at 05:00 PM.

St Mirren now 2 points clear of DAFC, QOS & DU at top of Championship. That league is going to be a real dog fight.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/new...rowned-volume/

HOOPS FANS MUTED BT Sport bosses admit drowning out pro-IRA chants by Celtic fans during match against Hamilton Accies
    TV chiefs revealed they 'adjusted microphone settings' to 'prevent' viewers being offended during the SPFL match on Friday night
    By Robert Collins
    9th September 2017, 4:48 pm Updated: 9th September 2017, 5:31 pm
    Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
    NOW
    COMMENT
    TV BOSSES at BT Sport admitted drowning out pro-IRA chants by Celtic fans during their match against Hamilton Accies.

The Scottish Champions met at Accies’ ground on Friday night for their fifth SPFL match of the season, which was broadcast live on BT Sport.

Songs about the IRA were heard during the first half and there was a noticeable drop in volume when Hoops fans began belting out Merry Ploughboy.

Punters were quick to point out the sudden drop in volume and many took to Twitter to voice their views.

One Twitter user Brendan Ahearne wrote: “Did BT mute the Celtic fans as they were singing ‘The Merry Ploughboy’? I’m pretty sure they did.”

Another added: “BT sport turning down the mic volume when Celtic fans start singing about the IRA, what a time to be alive.”

And Martin Canavan wrote: “Noticeable that BT sport turn the volume down when the Celtic crowd sing a rebel song.”

Follow
    Brendan Ahearne @brendanahearne1
    Did BT mute the Celtic fans as they were singing 'The Merry Ploughboy'? I'm pretty sure they did.
    8:01 PM - Sep 8, 2017
    4 4 Replies Retweets likes
    Twitter Ads info and privacy
    BT Sport revealed they “adjust microphone settings” to “prevent” viewers being offended.

A spokesman said: “Inappropriate behaviour by fans at live sporting events has potential to cause offence.

“We try to prevent this across all live broadcasts by, for example, adjusting microphone settings.”
    I can recall the Merry Ploughboy being a mainstream hit for the Dubliners in the mid 1960s.

I can remember Man City fans belting that one out at Maine Road at the time. And City were supposed to be the 'proddy' team in Manchester back then.

Some people have nothing better to moan about.
    Last edited by jgl07; 10-09-2017 at 11:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post
    I can recall the Merry Ploughboy being a mainstream hit for the Dubliners in the mid 1960s.

I can remember Man City fans belting that one out at Maine Road at the time. And City were supposed to be the 'proddy' team in Manchester back then.

BT Sport let the songs be broadcast loud and clear- How dare they let that sort of stuff be heard on my TV.
    BT Sport turn the volume down.- Why are they covering up for the Celtic fans?
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Eh? PSN ID: No comprendo, senor. Wii Code: What's a Wii?
    Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post

I can remember belting it out at Easter Road in the 1960's and '70's.

It was an especial favourite at games against the Beasts, as I recall. The Dubliners recording was what started it, I think, here at ER and at Parkhead.

It's a bit embarrassing recalling singing it, but it's a terrific chorus and no more violent than The Billy Boys really, and possibly the only adequate response?

And then there was the chorus of "Go home ya Huns ..." (Sigh.) Good times.

Some interesting songs from celtic as always..just as bad as the Huns.

Also always looks like they oversell tickets as fans crammed into the front or people must move seats to sit with the green brigade ?

Left by mutual consent!
    With Craig Gordon in the sticks Celtic are going to concede 14 goals a game in Europe

@hibs.net private member Hiber-nation's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cleanyman View Post
    With Craig Gordon in the sticks Celtic are going to concede 14 goals a game in Europe
    Thought Rogers might have signed a keeper in the summer. Massive weak link.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    craig gordon once again makes a total erse of a cross in to the box, he's a big jambo girls blouse, i'd love to see him at one of the lower league clubs like killie, hertz etc
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 08-09-2017 at 08:35 PM.

I had Celtic to win both halves, jambo fud that Gordon is!

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Portimonense were winning 1-0 on the hour before another highly dubious penalty award to Benfica and a subsequent sending off, 1-1. Debate is rife in Portugal as in other places that the so called big clubs get all the decisions and there is a perceived bias, from the two penalty decisions I've seen tonight for Sporting and then for Benfica it makes you wonder. Both shockers.

Is this the way it's going to be this season? Every time we criticise anyone we'll get our own so called supporters ramming defeats back down our throats? Sign me up.

Hamilton are crap. It was a one-off...end of.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Is this the way it's going to be this season? Every time we criticise anyone we'll get our own so called supporters ramming defeats back down our throats? Sign me up.

Hamilton are crap. It was a one-off...end of.
    Got to agree with you. If Hertz dont get relegated then its a toss up between Dundee and Hamilton.

Hearts v Aberdeen. A difficult one this. Don't really want the sheep to get too far ahead of us but on the other hand I want Harry Potter's men to take an absolute doing. Anything but the three points going to Gorgie will probably suffice.