hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesie View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Interesting that Thomshun decides to come out with this stuff shortly before this: http://twitter.com/kthomsonacademy/s...28271460499457
    Fixed.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Couldn't really give a toss what Thomson has got to say Tbh, whether it's criticising former team mates or cosying up to reminisce with his Hun friends, has always loved the sound of his own voice.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IGRIGI View Post
    Fixed.
    Ridiculous post.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Quote Originally Posted by Nakedmanoncrack View Post
    Couldn't really give a toss what Thomson has got to say Tbh, whether it's criticising former team mates or cosying up to reminisce with his Hun friends, has always loved the sound of his own voice.
    I wish he'd shut his trap.

Quote Originally Posted by heretoday View Post
    I wish he'd shut his trap.
    History suggests you're not going to get your wish anytime soon.

@hibs.net private member Heisenberg's Avatar
    Thomson does too much sucking up to the hun hordes for me. Got to make his money somehow I suppose.

Crap form by Thomson to criticize a former team-mate and fellow Hibs legend. And no Kev, lying on the treatment table does not count as 'training'.

Even from afar, Kev likes to upset a Hibs dressing room.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    I do not know what goes on from week to week at East Mains I as most people who watch Hibs see the players for 90mins a week.

I am interested in what goes on in tbe 90, I am sure we have had plenty of players who didn't train as hard as others but do their job on a Saturday and there are players whom give more but fail on the Saturday.

I understood perhaps Latapay wasn't the best trainer we have had but was one of the lucky ones that still performed at a high level on match day.

Judging from this current squad I would have no clue who tries harder in training based on performance on match day. I would suggest that the defence have a wee look at themselves at training during the week long before Stokes.

@hibs.net private member Craig_HFC's Avatar
    Thomson is a fanny.

Loves himself more than anything in the world. He should keep quiet about Hibs and stick to his Hun love-ins on Twitter.
    PERSEVERE
    Verb: pə:ːsɪ'ˈvɪə/
    To not give up.
    To go the distance.
    To stop at nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig_HFC View Post
    Thomson is a fanny.

Loves himself more than anything in the world. He should keep quiet about Hibs and stick to his Hun love-ins on Twitter.
    He's Hibs through and through and is also bringing his sons up as hibs fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Stokes wouldn't be a Hibs legend if KT didn't clear a last min shot off the line in the 2-2 game. Everyone who played in the cup games are legends including KT.
    Exactly this .... If in years to come future Hibs fans taking the ER tour get to gaze at pictures of Hanlon's equaliser at Tynecastle or David Gray's winner at Hampden between the two should be a picture of KT's header off the line .... just as vital to us as any goal in that cup run.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    He's Hibs through and through and is also bringing his sons up as hibs fans.
    Maybe he should reconsider criticising Hibs legends in the media in that case.

Left by mutual consent!
    Perhaps he should also give AS some advice on how to deal with writing coloumns in papers... or maybe not.... or remaining professional at all times when conducting yourself during transfers from one club to another.

In 50 years time people will know who stokes is. They won't know who Thomson is. He isn't a hibs legend either, that's a laughable claim.

Not read any previous posts nor either the KT article or the Stokes response, but my view on Stokes is that he could have achieved a lot more in the game if his attitude was better.

When you think about the SC Final, Anthony Stokes was unplayable. He was so good and The Rangers couldn't cope with him. There have been other games like that - he was very good in the game against Partick Thistle. He wasn't at his best against The Rangers at Ibrox but he certainly got involved. However, there are so many other games when he's nowhere near as effective. Is that down to the way Hibs are playing? Or the quality of the opposition? Or down to Anthony Stokes?

I feel it's the latter. But my opinion doesn't matter. It's down to the player himself. If he feels he's doing all he can and is happy with where he is, then that's ok. However, I feel he could have achieved a lot more in the game if we could see the SC Final Anthony Stokes in every game.

In a way, he's similar to Michael Stewart. He was an okay play throughout his career. Had some good moments, some not so good. However, I recall a game against Celtic when they had Roy Keane. For every second that Keane was on the pitch, Stewart was all over him like a rash. The second Keane left the picth it was back to the 'old' Stewart. I felt Stewart was proving a point to Keane, who I assume knew each other from their time at Man U. But, again, why couldn't we see that version of Michael Stewart and not the one who's throwing up on the pitch before half time.

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    He isn't a hibs legend either, that's a laughable claim.
    That's your opinion. Not everyone would agree with your view.

IMO Kevin Thomson is not a legend when compared to the greats who have played for Hibs. Depending on the era you watched, all Hibs fans will have their view on who is a legend.

Those saying that KT is a legend is down to the fact that he was part of a team that helped Hibs win the Scottish Cup, something that the other legends never did. His contribution was not as great as all those on the pitch on the 21st May, but he did contribute and for that I'm happy if people want to call him a legend.

If I meet him in the street, I would happily go up and shake his hand and wish him all the best.

Left by mutual consent!
    In 50 years time people will know who stokes is. They won't know who Thomson is. He isn't a hibs legend either, that's a laughable claim.
    His conduct in the press during his transfer will go before his football. It still is now and will be same in future. His move to the old defunct Rangers will always come into discussion about him.

KT will be remembered but it will be polarized. IMO its his own fault memory or discussion will mention his transfer equally or more than things on pitch.
    Last edited by Captain Trips; 09-09-2017 at 11:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    Not read any previous posts nor either the KT article or the Stokes response, but my view on Stokes is that he could have achieved a lot more in the game if his attitude was better.

When you think about the SC Final, Anthony Stokes was unplayable. He was so good and The Rangers couldn't cope with him. There have been other games like that - he was very good in the game against Partick Thistle. He wasn't at his best against The Rangers at Ibrox but he certainly got involved. However, there are so many other games when he's nowhere near as effective. Is that down to the way Hibs are playing? Or the quality of the opposition? Or down to Anthony Stokes?

I feel it's the latter. But my opinion doesn't matter. It's down to the player himself. If he feels he's doing all he can and is happy with where he is, then that's ok. However, I feel he could have achieved a lot more in the game if we could see the SC Final Anthony Stokes in every game.

In a way, he's similar to Michael Stewart. He was an okay play throughout his career. Had some good moments, some not so good. However, I recall a game against Celtic when they had Roy Keane. For every second that Keane was on the pitch, Stewart was all over him like a rash. The second Keane left the picth it was back to the 'old' Stewart. I felt Stewart was proving a point to Keane, who I assume knew each other from their time at Man U. But, again, why couldn't we see that version of Michael Stewart and not the one who's throwing up on the pitch before half time.
    You're not comparing KT's career to that of Michael Stewart, as if there's any parity between the 2 surely??!?

I'm no having that. With both on top form, Stewart couldn't lace Thomson's boots. IMO.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Thomson does too much sucking up to the hun hordes for me. Got to make his money somehow I suppose.
    This is what I find the most distasteful - more than anything he's written about Stokes, although I'm sure a lot of his pals at Ibrox would have been pleased to read it. I don't recall Ian Murray, as a Hibs fan who has played at Ibrox, rushing back for fan get-togethers and I don't get the feeling Darren McGregor will be doing that kind of thing either. It's a bit surprising to see a Hibs supporter entertaining them to the extent Thomson does, IMHO.

Stokes looked very fit today and is going to be a great player for us this season. Looks leaner as well.

Quote Originally Posted by lyonhibs View Post
    You're not comparing KT's career to that of Michael Stewart, as if there's any parity between the 2 surely??!?

I'm no having that. With both on top form, Stewart couldn't lace Thomson's boots. IMO.
    Jeez, read my post again. I'm talking about attitude not ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    I'm happy for him to carry on as before and totally ignore Kevin Thomson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    😄