hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Stokes responds to KT's critisism

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Good response from Stokesy.

Quote Originally Posted by 1van Sprou7e View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I can understand why he's not happy with individual criticism. He doesn't actually deny the fact he's an awful trainer but makes the point that it's what happens on the pitch that matters. I can agree to a point but I think the question is whether Stokes could achieve a hell of a lot more if he was a good trainer. On the flipside, he wouldn't be at Hibs!

First Team Breakthrough
    Simple answer ,, Just pit the baw in the back oh the net , and that answers every ?..? Ever asked . K.T. Is scraping a living writing anything to get a few bob .

@hibs.net private member Jamesie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by confused View Post
    Simple answer ,, Just pit the baw in the back oh the net , and that answers every ?..? Ever asked . K.T. Is scraping a living writing anything to get a few bob .
    Interesting that Thomson decides to come out with this stuff shortly before this: http://twitter.com/kthomsonacademy/s...28271460499457
    Last edited by Jamesie; 08-09-2017 at 12:51 PM.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by confused View Post
    He's not scraping a living though, far from it.

He was merely pointing out that AS has the ability to play at the highest level if he really applied himself - a point many would agree with.

To turn it into a positive, and it's exactly what AS has now come out and said, goals will silence critics including KT - here's hoping he bangs them in, starting tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Jamesie View Post
    Interesting that Thomson decides to come out with this stuff shortly before this: http://twitter.com/kthomsonacademy/s...28271460499457
    the KT article was published weeks ago.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Stokes isn't saying that what KT said was wrong. He'd just rather Kevin hadn't said it.

Presumably the manager thinks that Stokes does enough so here's hoping he proves it by putting St. Johnstone to the sword tomorrow.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

@hibs.net private member CallumLaidlaw's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Cal_hibby
    Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    He's not scraping a living though, far from it.

He was merely pointing out that AS has the ability to play at the highest level if he really applied himself - a point many would agree with.

To turn it into a positive, and it's exactly what AS has now come out and said, goals will silence critics including KT - here's hoping he bangs them in, starting tomorrow
    Funny you should say that, as I was listening to a podcast this morning talking about the fact the likes of Kris Commons are in danger of over saturation by doing BT, sportsound, a column in the paper etc, but says you need to do all these things to try and make up one decent salary.

I've little problem with what KT said and same with AS's response (although he's gotta stop telling everyone to listen before he opens his gob! ) .

He hardly put him in his place and reading between the lines Stokes has no real desire to be the best in training through the week - he wants to score the goals on the Saturday. It's easy to say that he'd be better at doing this if he put the effort in during training but some players and people are just not built that way and don't want to change. As someone else pointed out - if Stokes had the mentality of a C Ronaldo then he wouldn't be at Hibs and neither would the likes of Latapy, Best or Riordan/GOC 2nd time round.

It'd be dull if everyone played to 100% every week.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KWJ View Post

I wouldn't mind a wee shot of that, to be honest.
    Buy nothing online unless you check for free cashback here first. I've already earned £2,389.68!

Testimonial Due
    I've little problem with what KT said and same with AS's response (although he's gotta stop telling everyone to listen before he opens his gob! ) .

He hardly put him in his place and reading between the lines Stokes has no real desire to be the best in training through the week - he wants to score the goals on the Saturday. It's easy to say that he'd be better at doing this if he put the effort in during training but some players and people are just not built that way and don't want to change. As someone else pointed out - if Stokes had the mentality of a C Ronaldo then he wouldn't be at Hibs and neither would the likes of Latapy, Best or Riordan/GOC 2nd time round.

Is that not how you win trophies?????

Just ask Celtic!

Errrrrr naw - it really wouldn't be dull at all......

First Team Breakthrough
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: jayjaygrant
    At the end of the day, the guy is human. Also achieved more in his career than KT imo.

Hopefully gives AS a subconscious desire to train a bit harder. It's not gonna make him any worse surely!

Quote Originally Posted by beensaidbefore View Post
    Hopefully gives AS a subconscious desire to train a bit harder. It's not gonna make him any worse surely!
    I'm happy for him to carry on as before and totally ignore Kevin Thomson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry KT, but Stokes is a Hibs legend.

You aren't and never have been.

Think you should just leave it there.

Quote Originally Posted by BullsCloseHibs View Post

Harsh, KT played a significant role in the 2016 derby comeback and replay, even if ignoring any other contribution.

@hibs.net private member
    Good response by Stokes.

Listen...

Ive known so many lads who were the worst trainers in the world but were the first name on the team sheet. I hated training! It bored the ****** life out me! All I wanted to do was play competitive games and score goals. Some guys love training and fair do's. Some hate it but are just as important, if not more, come match day.

Stokes wouldn't be a Hibs legend if KT didn't clear a last min shot off the line in the 2-2 game. Everyone who played in the cup games are legends including KT.

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Stokes wouldn't be a Hibs legend if KT didn't clear a last min shot off the line in the 2-2 game. Everyone who played in the cup games are legends including KT.
    Absolutely correct.

bollix. simple fact is we wouldn't have the ground and training centre we have without players like KT. He's also now a ST holder. You think Stokes will be at Hibs games when his career is over.

KT has pointed out a simple fact. Just imagine how good Stokes good be if he had the right attitude in training. Its the same for many players...fantastic raw talent. But hard work will always beat talent if talent doesnt work hard.

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Can you all honestly say you put in 100% effort at work at all times? The whole thing is a pointless non-story.
    Last edited by SRHibs; 09-09-2017 at 12:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SRH View Post
    Can you all honestly say you put in 100% effort at work? The whole thing is a pointless non-story.
    I can. I respect myself, even on days that I don't enjoy my job.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Jimmy View Post
    I can. I respect myself, even on days that I don't enjoy my job.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
    You're a better man than me then. Not that I don't work hard, but it's hard to keep the motivation to be firing on all cylinders at all times. Wouldn't say it amounts to a lack of respect for one's self.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by SRH View Post
    Can you all honestly say you put in 100% effort at work at all times? The whole thing is a pointless non-story.
    I think Kevin's point is AS could have been (easily) an EPL player of some standing if he had worked harder in his career. That's not to understate his Celtic achievements but he could have been so much better than that.

KT is carving out a new career in youth coaching and combining media with that - have to say, having spoken to him last season his love for Hibs is strong - he is a supporter like the rest of us and he has opinions. Should have heard Eddie Turnbull talk about Deek (sorry SH.........he loved him.......played out of position though ).

This

As for training, I mean honestly who gives the same in training as they do on matchday? I'm not a John Terry knobhead type so am I likely to go barrelling into challenges with my own team-mates with as much commitment as when it's the opponent? Or run quite as fast, jump quite as high etc?

That's not to say you don't need to put in a decent amount of effort during training and I've no idea what shade of grey on the "bad trainer" spectrum we're talking about with Stokes' here.

Does he sit on the sidelines with a fag and a can or are there just some days when he can't be arsed with fitness drills or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    I think Kevin's point is AS could have been (easily) an EPL player of some standing if he had worked harder in his career. That's not to understate his Celtic achievements but he could have been so much better than that.

KT is carving out a new career in youth coaching and combining media with that - have to say, having spoken to him last season his love for Hibs is strong - he is a supporter like the rest of us and he has opinions. Should have heard Eddie Turnbull talk about Deek (sorry SH.........he loved him.......played out of position though ).
    Stokes could have rightly pointed out that KT could have achieved more with his OWN career if he hadn't dived in that old firm game, in a blatant attempt to cheat that resulted in KT suffering his own nasty leg injury. Now that's irresponsible
    Last edited by hibsbollah; 09-09-2017 at 05:44 AM.

Well said