hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    In the grand scheme of things, it's like an argument about who's the tallest in a room full of dwarves.

Speaking of which, dontcha think this one looks most like a Jambo...

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    "Always in our shadow" That's another favourite of mines. These trumpets are off the scale.
    “Not in my lifetime” is another belter.

I always thought it referred to our Scottish cup record but turns out it refers to their own league cup record.

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    Starts off by saying we've only finished above them once in the past ten years. Which is bull **** right from the off. It's 4. They just make stuff up to try and suit their agenda. No one should ever take them seriously. They're deluded.

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Baader View Post
    Starts off by saying we've only finished above them once in the past ten years. Which is bull **** right from the off. It's 4. They just make stuff up to try and suit their agenda. No one should ever take them seriously. They're deluded.
    It's blooming obvious that in a city with two clubs that one is going to have more fans than the other, Hearts have more fans simply because of location and catchment area,they are nearer to west towns of Edinburgh where Leith has the North Sea to its east...Both are historical clubs with proud traditions but Hibs will always come into the mind of your average footie fan in the UK before Hearts...without being biased or childish like them,Hibs are probably more 'famous' than Hearts.
    Last edited by celthedd1; 08-09-2017 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by celthedd1 View Post
    It's blooming obvious that in a city with two clubs that one is going to have more fans than the other, Hearts have more fans simply because of location and catchment area,they are nearer to west towns of Edinburgh where Leith has the North Sea to its east...Both are historical clubs with proud traditions but Hibs will always come into the mind of your average footie fan in the UK before Hearts...without being biased or childish like them,Hibs are probably more 'famous' than Hearts.
    Hibs fans don't just come from Leith.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    You'll get strongly worded letters from chairmen of insignificant wee club committees all over that part of Edinburgh (whist clubs, spelling bees, afternoon tea clubs, booling clubs etc) written in ink from a cheap but impressive looking fountain pen clasped in a faux leather glove with string on the back. The 6 fingered 1-5ers who can't write will be getting their mums to thumb through the phone book to find out where the blasphemer celthedd1 lives!

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member Newry Hibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    ... Only the 'real' ones do.

disclaimer - I don't

Another thread about hearts on kickback.net and you've got the gall to claim the gunts are obsessed!
    Deary me.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by cowiehibs View Post
    Another thread about hearts on kickback.net and you've got the gall to claim the gunts are obsessed!
    Deary me.
    And there's you opening it up, reading it and commenting. My irony detector is going off the scale right now.

Quote Originally Posted by cowiehibs View Post
    Deary me.
    It's a reaction to the latest yackback claim about their size again.

It's possible to spend a wee bit time mocking the idiots without actually having or developing obsessions, honest.

Just don't tell any Yams.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

First Team Breakthrough
    [QUOTE=Kato;5163364]Hibs fans don't just come from Leith.[O
    How about 300 miles from Leith !

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    Hibs are not a Leith team. Started in St. Patrick's Church, Cowgate and more central Edinburgh you could not wish to get.

Left by mutual consent!
    Anyone read the story of an ex hearts kid being convicted for stealing a charity box. Now I wonder where he got that idea ?

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Remember, in the heady early days of Vlad (World Cup players, Champions League etc) when the more arrogant Hearts fans like to say that they now operated at a higher level? That Hibs were no longer their rivals?

They now measure their success solely against us. Bless.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jacomo View Post
    Remember, in the heady early days of Vlad (World Cup players, Champions League etc) when the more arrogant Hearts fans like to say that they now operated at a higher level? That Hibs were no longer their rivals?

They now measure their success solely against us. Bless.
    They did the same when Mercer borrowed £5m from SMG, the programmed repayment of which was one of the reasons they almost sold Tynie to Cala.

Offering £3500 a week to some 35 year old keeper..... http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.co...ppen-1-4554579

They never learn.... lock away your charity tins.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Crops, remind me what happened with the HMRC bill
    It wasn't paid.

Quote Originally Posted by MyJo View Post
    I find that the sheer number of creditors on thier list often distracts us from some of the most shameful parts including:

The other football clubs that got screwed by them.

Ayr United FC £1,750
    Livingston FC £282
    Liverpool FC £46,625
    Musselburgh Athletic FC £5,790
    Stenhousemuir FC £12,900
    The Rangers FC £1,410
    Kauno Futbolo £13,431
    These clubs were paid.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    I subscribe to the point put forward by another poster on here that the very fact the Yams go on and on about this flies directly in the face of how real big clubs go about things.

For decades Dundee Utd have had the upper hand on Tayside but I cant recall them ever going on about being 'the big team' and in more extreme examples you have Liverpool and Everton and Man Utd and Man City ...... I cant recall ever hearing a fan of Liverpool or Man Utd referring to themselves as 'the big club' in fact as an outside observer it seems to me that especially in the case of Man Utd their city rivals were almost an irrelevance, so much so that Utd even played in a blue away strip and the first fixture their fans looked for at the start of the season was Liverpool, not Man City.

My favourite example is from Hearts friendly against Everton a few seasons ago where I hear the welt who does their stadium announcements welcomed the travelling Everton fans to "the home of Edinburgh's big team" ........... can you imagine the announcer at Anfield or Old Trafford having so little class as to come out with something like that ... utterly cringe worthy .... and especially when you announce it to fans of a club whose average attendance is over twice what yours is, I bet the Everton fans were at best bemused at worst laughing their ***** off.

At the end of the day I'm happy to concede that Hearts probably do have a bigger support than us, though nowhere near as much as they like to claim. Its undeniable that they have won more honours than us and won more derbies too.
    But the truth is even if I had access to the worlds most powerful microscope I still couldn't find my interest in that. What Hearts have won and how many folk go to watch them is an utter irrelevance to me, as it is to 99.9% of Hibs supporters ... in fact the more they bang on about it and the more they spew out their 'big team' rubbish the more I'm happy that I chose to support Hibs.

All their 'big team' shan patter does is give us a handy stick to beat them with ..... the current example being the main stand. If it was anybody else all fans, including Hibs fans, would be happy to see a Scottish club, even Hearts, improving its infrastructure, but because its them we all know there will be a feeling of disappointment when the reality that Easter Road will still be the bigger stadium hits home, no matter how hard they try to brush it off.

Big Team:

Cant sell out their 16,000 allocation for semi finals at Easter Road

Couldn't sell all their tickets for their last cup final appearance at Hampden

One tier main stand, with corporate facilities facing a high school instead of the pitch

A pitch the size of a postage stamp

Fans who are so much more loyal and dedicated than us that they all go into hiding when they draw Celtic in the cup

So disorganised they forget to order seats for their mega stand

Cant make it out of a League cup group made up of posties and fishermen

Pushed out of their rented super luxurious training facility by the Scottish national hockey team

A poor second home and away to the Hibs fans in derby matches ... so much so even folk on JKB are admitting it

All that would be funny in the general scheme of fitba banter anyway .... but when you keep telling folk you are 'the big team' it just ramps up the comedy to extremely 'pleasing' levels for us Hibbies
    That's the thing. They constantly set themselves up for a fall with the big team chat. If they didn't spout crap like that they wouldn't be ridiculed over things like their new stand (as much). Like another poster has said, Hibs are definatley the more well known of the two clubs dare I say "famous" but in terms of size it's six and half a dozen.

Though there may be something in that it is also the case that there are historical reasons why Hearts are slightly better supported.

It should be remembered that from the foundation of both clubs up until the end of the 19th century the vast majority of Hibs support was drawn from a pretty small demographic, IE the Irish Catholic community of Edinburgh, whereas the Hearts support was drawn from the much larger general population of Edinburgh .... It would probably have been after WW1 ( at least so far as Edinburgh football was concerned ) that who you supported was much less dependent on which 'community' you belonged to.

The effect of those early years on the current state of affairs would undoubtedly be that when it comes to family tradition being a factor in which team you support Hearts will have the edge over Hibs. In the latter part of the 19th century the population of Edinburgh including Leith was around 250,000 of which its reasonable to surmise at least 75% had no affiliation to the Irish Catholic community and therefor if they were going to follow a football club it would be far more likely to be Hearts than the Catholics only Hibernian.

So though there may indeed be geographical reasons for the difference in support there are undoubtedly historical reasons for it as well ... Nowadays only an idiot would choose which club to support based on what religion they perceive themselves to be and I doubt that ever happens when it comes to Hibs or Hearts ..... but back in the day people did, a situation not helped by Hibs policy in the first 20 years or so of only allowing Catholics to be club members, and that undoubtedly has an affect when it comes to modern day family affiliation to both clubs, not because of religion but purely because of what has become family tradition.
    Last edited by NAE NOOKIE; 08-09-2017 at 03:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MyJo View Post
    I find that the sheer number of creditors on thier list often distracts us from some of the most shameful parts including: The other football clubs that got screwed by them. Ayr United FC £1,750 Livingston FC £282 Liverpool FC £46,625 Musselburgh Athletic FC £5,790 Stenhousemuir FC £12,900 The Rangers FC £1,410 Kauno Futbolo £13,431 The other footballing authorities and organisations they didnt bother to pay Football Safety Officers £230 SFA £5,011 Scottish Youth Football Assoc. £1,700 UK Football Academy £228 The agents that probably helped them buy and sell players but didn't get thier agreed fee: Beswicks Sports Ltd £3,000 Graeme Rankin Sports Mgmt. £12,000 Key Sports Management £23,049 Stellar Football Ltd£5,750 The public services, taxman & councils that the big team felt they were above paying: HM Revenue £1,881,068 NHS Lothian £75 NHS Fife £739 Scottish Police Authority £18,585 Scottish Ambulance Services £2,454 North Lanarkshire Council £100 Scottish Water £100 City of Edinburgh Council £90,715 City of Edinburgh Council (for flats)£2,631 The companies that helped them stage matches at tynecastle but had Hearts pocket the money instead of paying them: Ticketmaster £33,112 Securevent Security £12,309 SRM Hearts £19,853 G4S £12,057 The artists who didn't get paid royalties for Hearts using thier music at tynecastle Performing Right Society£13,995 PPL Sport & Leisure£1,325 PPL£4,133 The educational establishment that hearts borrowed training facilities from to train the players they were giving £500k a year to but didn't actually pay them for using it. Herriot Watt £145,655 and last but not least, the charities & hearts fans: British Red Cross £76 BIG Hearts Community Trust £589 HoMFC Shareholder Association £5,030 Lady Haigs Poppy Fund £185 McCraes Battalion Trust £100 St Andrews First Aid £364
    That's a brilliant summary and it's utterly disgraceful and disgusting. Especially the last part.

I have saved that and will use it over the weekend when the 1-5 brigade start their pish.

Hope you don't mind?

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    That's a brilliant summary and it's utterly disgraceful and disgusting. Especially the last part.

I have saved that and will use it over the weekend when the 1-5 brigade start their pish.

Hope you don't mind?
    I think they originally had thousands of the Macraes Battalion Trust money "resting" in their accounts and in fact disclosed this much higher figure then massaged it down through some property charge (?) or something like that to the Trust?

Anyone confirm deny or clarify?

See correction below

Last edited by Bostonhibby; 08-09-2017 at 05:15 PM.

Sir Matt Busby

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by HibbiesandtheBaddies View Post
    Offering £3500 a week to some 35 year old keeper..... http://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.co...ppen-1-4554579

They never learn.... lock away your charity tins.
    Said French keeper claiming £4K a week - before you know it Avril via Barry will be claiming it was nearer £1K a week or 'pay as you play' or that a 'better keeper' became available.

I find this brilliant and looked at a number of this I note the following

Big Team

Fails to pay way
    Robbed charities and local businesses (including Lady Haig Poppy Fund)
    Bestest Main Stand in land and appears that they are first to build one
    Main Stand that will be 1 tier with restricted views
    Capacity that will struggle to be anywhere near 20k
    Tiny pitch
    15 million in debt and counting
    Stadium that won't be uefa/FIFA category.
    Rented training facilities that they get punted out of regularly
    They are skint

Wee Team

Pays way
    Good financial position
    Own FIFA/uefa category 2 stadium with capacity 20250 + (without cheating)
    Own training centre

Need I say more.

Do you know what if that's they want to think then I say 'Dad on'

We are doing really really good for being a so call wee team!

Big team, the famous whatever they will always be known as the 'club with no shame'

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CropleyWasGod View Post
    It wasn't paid.

These clubs were paid.
    That's what I thought. That's a substantial amount of money they didn't pay to HMRC

As you said, they had to pay their football debts

Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    I think they originally had thousands of the Macraes Battalion Trust money "resting" in their accounts and in fact disclosed this much higher figure then massaged it down through some property charge (?) or something like that to the Trust? Anyone confirm deny or clarify? Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk
    BH if that's true then it shows them for what they are.

£1 or £10,000 these are charities yet they still think they did nowt wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    BH if that's true then it shows them for what they are.

£1 or £10,000 these are charities yet they still think they did nowt wrong.
    My apologies, just did the checking, It was Big Hearts community trust funds that were resting in HOMFC's bank account. £34k of it to be exact.

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bostonhibby View Post
    I think they originally had thousands of the Macraes Battalion Trust money "resting" in their accounts and in fact disclosed this much higher figure then massaged it down through some property charge (?) or something like that to the Trust?

Anyone confirm deny or clarify?

That was Big Hearts Community Trust who HMFC owed just over £34k.

It is worth noting that the figure of £28m does not include the £22m DFE swaps, the £18.7m debt forgiveness nor the inter co invoices from Kaunas/Milson for another £5.1m. But, as a Yam told me, "these were all legitimate transaction".

The Lady Haig Poppy Fund...........there's no coming back from that I'm afraid. Thats just wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Peevemor View Post
    However, when the yams crowded together with a drink in them they became, to a man, total fannies.

I've also observed this trait in other groups of yams that I know.
    Yep, this sounds very familiar. I suppose one of the consultants at the Royal Edinburgh might be able to explain this syndrome.

@hibs.net private member proud_and_green's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post
    What is the collective noun for Yams?

A Fanny of Yams?
    An exaggeration of yams!

Or perhaps an embellishment of yams.

Quote Originally Posted by southsider View Post
    Anyone read the story of an ex hearts kid being convicted for stealing a charity box. Now I wonder where he got that idea ?
    Was that from Greggs?

That would be Hearts Class!