hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    We are going to own Hearts for years to come

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    Superb

Excellent news to wake up to this morning!

@hibs.net private member Radium's Avatar
    Good news. Sign of the change that the club has undergone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coaching Staff
    Fabulous

@hibs.net private member Seveno's Avatar
    What a great time to be a Hibby.

Well done, Leeann.

Says a huge amount about our ambition. Superb.
    Leeann and George next please 😁

I don't understand why people are so happy about this!

Should a great club like Hibernian be employing a manager who fights at the touchline? Who has an aggressive attitude that seems to hold grudges. And let's not pretend his baggage has disappeared. I ask you to consider? Is this who we should be employing as a manger?

YOU BET IT IS !!!!! Won't take any bull***t. Stands up for himself. Stands up for the club. Appreciates the fans. Although willing to take his players to task if they are not doing their job on the field, will back them all the way when needed. Will take the flak. Gives us stability that we need and which the players will feel good about also.

Great news. The right man at the right time

He 'Gets the club'. We are 'under his skin'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJRlXM6gzNM

@hibs.net private member CraigHibee's Avatar
    Delighted with this😁

Great news, 3 years gives him time to build even more and adds to the stability we have at the club.

Bit disappointed with such a long contract. I was hoping we'd be able to get rid of him cheaply at the end of the season so we could break the bank for Levein.

Quote Originally Posted by Cabbage East View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Bit disappointed with such a long contract. I was hoping we'd be able to get rid of him cheaply at the end of the season so we could break the bank for Levein.
    Could still get him in as director of football? He can do both jobs

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    Great news! Congratulations to Hibs and Neil Lennon.

Whilst Hibs should never be looking up to Aberdeen, they are the benchmark and consistency in their management structure has been key to their success over the last few years. Great move by Hibs.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    It's very good news; he's done a terrific job so far.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

Fantastic news shows the club are ambitious and looking to progress not just for now but the future stability on and off the park is the way to go I will do my bit and support the team home and away I beg all hibbys to continue their great backing we are on a positive roll like I haven't experienced for a long time and I've been following them for forty odd years this is a great time to be a hibby we will experience some mixed results this coming season but we must keep backing our great club the board have shown great ambition in player signings and now getting Lenny on long term contract is the icing on the cake canny wait for Saturday bring it on

Brilliant news

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member O'Rourke3's Avatar
    TBH I'm underwhelmed. Where is the ambition? Our near neighbours scoured the land and unveiled the future of Scottish Football. We and they did not have the patience for the long game. Basically signing someone already employed in the club lacks class and is clearly parochial in its thinking. We were once leaders and innovators. Nah can't keep this up. Yah beauty. Well done The Hibees and its great Neil Lennon is in for the long game.

Personally wouldve given it a few months to see how we are getting on but I trust Leeanes judgement so this is great news. Hopefully 3 very happy years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    Personally wouldve given it a few months to see how we are getting on but I trust Leeanes judgement so this is great news. Hopefully 3 very happy years to come.
    You don't see that as a problem? A few months and then what? If we are not in the top 4, he's out? Or not in the top 6, he's out? Or if he is in the bottom 2 at Christmas, he is out? Then start the whole merry-go-round of possible successors that we have heard far too often in the past 10 years or so?

Not wishing to detract from winning the Championship last season but that is now history. I feel he should be judged from what he achieves starting this season and frankly even if we do not quite climb the heights we might aspire to, he deserves a fair shot and a few months is not a fair trial.

We all know Celtic are 'comfortably' at the top of the heap and as someone said on this thread Aberdeen are a good model of consistency which anyone can learn from. We don't know when Rangers will have had enough of playing third fiddle and give in to the urge to bankrupt themselves trying to buy their way to the top with players they can't quite afford. And god knows how long the mob from One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest will remain in their made to measure straightjacket.

We can only take care of ourselves and if we all stick together, Board, Manager and fans it can only get better.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Nick T Muir
    Top news. One thing for sure, Lennon wouldn't be signing on if there wasn't a highly ambitious plan in place to have is completing on all fronts.

Good indicator of where we are as a club right now and let's not forgot how 13k STs and regular big crowds have supported this ambition. Well done the fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great news and a wee bit stability will go a long way to us achieving more success.

was delighted when we first sighned him,,, even more so now!! GGTTH

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Great news.

"Cheap option" I'm sure he wasn't. Isn't it great when we invest in "real" managers and match their ambition. Looks like the makings of a good partnership.

Rod said he had this 5-year plan... turned out to be a bit of a belter [looks down at signature smiley] ;)
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

Yet another great signing.

Great news. Never thought we'd hold him longer than 12-18 months

Fairly happy with this not sure we could get anyone better if/when he leaves.

Lennon loves the Hibees.

Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    Lennon loves the Hibees.
    Great interview here .

https://www.clubcall.com/nottingham-...p-1862119.html

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post
    Lennon, whose side face St Johnstone on Saturday, said: "We all have romantic ideas about the game and where we want to go, but the most important thing is if you are happy and enjoy the players and enjoy the environment. And I very much do so.

"It's a very precarious job being a football manager and I'm privileged to be in a job and a club like this. And when you are here you want to make the most of your time, and thankfully the board have agreed to extend my time here.

"My ambitions are here - that's why I signed a contract. I'm not looking anywhere else. I haven't done since I walked in the door.

"It's been a good move for me, professionally and personally. I owe the club a debt of gratitude and I want to repay them with success on the pitch and hopefully make them some money along the way.

"I'm not looking any further than what I have here at the moment. I don't think you can. Sometimes, when you start doing that, you get distracted and lose your way a little bit."

Lennon captured three titles during his four-year spell as Celtic manager and he hopes to win more silverware at Easter Road given time to continue building.

"In the modern game, particularly in England and even abroad, managers don't get enough time to put in place what they want to do," he said. "In Scotland it is slightly different - there are plenty of managers here now who are in their third, fourth, fifth seasons.

"You saw Derek (McInnes, at Aberdeen) sign a new deal, Brendan (Rodgers, at Celtic), now myself - that's a good sign that there are not trigger-happy chairmen around.

"And it gives me a target, an incentive, and scope to work with people and achieve the targets we set."

Lennon's decision to sign was made easier by the club's strong stance following three bids from Nottingham Forest for midfielder John McGinn, the final deadline-day offer reported to be BŁ1.5million.

"Forest came back with a couple more offers which were much more like it compared to the first one," Lennon said.

"We respected that and engaged with Forest and told them our valuation. That wasn't met so I was quite confident we would hold on to John.

"I have spoken to him and he is quite happy to keep his development going here. If he keeps progressing there will be a number of other clubs coming in for him over the next six to 12 months.

"He just has to keep concentrating on developing his talent and making his game a bit more rounded."
    Good reading indeed !