View Poll Results: Should we just 'Move on' from the EBT scandal

Voters
310. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

66 21.29%
  • No

244 78.71%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Uefa should also be involved but this is complete confirmation that our game is run by a board with agenda for only two clubs. Why Hibs and rest dont stand up to I dont know but Petrie conflict of interest is most likely the reason. We need change top to bottom. Uefa should also be involved here.For a small country we have well supported league we could run it so much better.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by majorhibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No time to go further. Your response here, & a few others, utterly & totally disgust me. YOU don't care & want to move on? Who gave big heid brilliant YOU my voice. You & yer like disgust me as much as when I found out all those games I went to cheering on Hibs, were rigged, cos Hibs with a mini scale budget against these cheats, were actually miles worse off & couldn't hold onto players cos Hibs payed legit tax & Huns didn't! You & yer like disgust me! YOU dinnae care! So, I must move on! Dis effin gusting!
    Alternatively WHO gave YOU his voice if you want something done. Its game of opinions and this topic has many. Going around saying people disgust you for having one is a bit OTT.

No time to go further. Your response here, & a few others, utterly & totally disgust me. YOU don't care & want to move on? Who gave big heid brilliant YOU my voice. You & yer like disgust me as much as when I found out all those games I went to cheering on Hibs, were rigged, cos Hibs with a mini scale budget against these cheats, were actually miles worse off & couldn't hold onto players cos Hibs payed legit tax & Huns didn't! You & yer like disgust me! YOU dinnae care! So, I must move on! Dis effin gusting!
    Hopefully there was drink involved.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Weve laughed at dodgy italian sides in past and some shoking behavoir has come to light bribing ref semi v dundee utd one. Uefa did nought but Italian FA at least took action with Juventus in stripping titles. Its a club the directors in SPL all looking to get well paid gig SFA so dont rock the boat

Some people are just weird the way they don't accept cheating, corruption and bias as an integral part of sport.

Seriously - there is no moving on against a culture that can load outcomes to the point that sporting competition becomes a meaningless concept. If you don't resist that you might as well just throw your money away - in fact it can scarcely be called 'your' money anyway.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Feels like I took the brunt of a drunken outrage last night purely cause you couldnae be arsed reading any further!

That just seems so unfair so it does

Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Feels like I took the brunt of a drunken outrage last night purely cause you couldnae be arsed reading any further!

I think most of us share majorhibs' frustration that you don't seem to think justice or fair play has any place in modern sport. But he wasnt passing the bottle around.

I've never once said that.

I do however think our game is fair and don't think everything about it is corrupt.

It's just a different point of view. Pretty sure you've held different views from others in the past without the name calling?

I've never once said that.

I do however think our game is fair and don't think everything about it is corrupt.

It's just a different point of view. Pretty sure you've held different views from others in the past without the name calling?
    Im fairly sure the only 'name calling' I've done is using the pronoun 'you'.

You said that most people on here would agree with the other poster that my views are f ing disgusting.

Does that mean you also hold that view?

I mean really? You're disgusted because I don't agree with you about the handling of the Rangers situation ?

This whole thread was started as a poll asking for people's views. Surely you've got to accept that some will disagree with you?

You said that most people on here would agree with the other poster that my views are f ing disgusting.

Does that mean you also hold that view?

I mean really? You're disgusted because I don't agree with you about the handling of the Rangers situation ?

This whole thread was started as a poll asking for people's views. Surely you've got to accept that some will disagree with you?
    Your position makes no sense to me at all. It's not a subjective matter of liking a random thing more than another random thing and agreeing to disagree. I'm not going to be more specific unless this opens me to the suggestion that I'm name calling!

Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    Your position makes no sense to me at all. It's not a subjective matter of liking a random thing more than another random thing and agreeing to disagree. I'm not going to be more specific unless this opens me to the suggestion that I'm name calling!
    Your position does makes sense to me. But in my opinion some people are literally wanting to flog a dead horse at this point. Why do you and others want the title strips? Is it to laugh at Rangers? They'll say they still won them all like they pretend they're still the same club (another topic and patter that has since grown tiresome). Do you want us to be instated into Champions League places for the early or mid 00's? Did you check if Garry Smith has it in him to compete in it still cause we're certainly not getting any money backdated for it. Do you want a ceremony for runners up medals for some random year?

I firmly believe the best course of action is to make sure something like this never happens again and bring the game near onto its knees like it threatened to do at times over the course of this chapter of Scottish Footballs history. Constantly opening the book to edit it or rehash over the ins and outs of it now only allows it to drag on and hurt the game more in my opinion. But as I've said before we all have them and entitled to a different one.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Centre Hawf View Post
    Your position does makes sense to me. But in my opinion some people are literally wanting to flog a dead horse at this point. Why do you and others want the title strips? Is it to laugh at Rangers?
    No
    They'll say they still won them all like they pretend they're still the same club (another topic and patter that has since grown tiresome). Do you want us to be instated into Champions League places for the early or mid 00's?
    No
    Did you check if Garry Smith has it in him to compete in it still cause we're certainly not getting any money backdated for it.
    No
    Do you want a ceremony for runners up medals for some random year?
    No
    I firmly believe the best course of action is to make sure something like this never happens again and bring the game near onto its knees like it threatened to do
    No, it didn't. Regan/Doncaster said it would. They were wrong. at times over the course of this chapter of Scottish Footballs history. Constantly opening the book to edit it or rehash over the ins and outs of it now only allows it to drag on and hurt the game more in my opinion. But as I've said before we all have them and entitled to a different one.
    It's about doing the right thing imo. How does that "hurt the game"?

I have said before on here that I think everyone should just start calling them The Rangers 2012 and start counting their trophies from 2012.

I really think it would irritate the hell out of them.

The Rangers 2012:

Zero Scottish Premier titles.
    Zero Scottish Cups.
    Zero League Cups.
    1 Petrofac Cup
    3 lower division titles.

@hibs.net private member Arch Stanton's Avatar
    The 239, or whatever it is now, who voted to keep the Rangers thing going are hardly a massive force within the Hibs community. They don't even occupy the moral high ground - in order to do that they would have to dictate to me what exactly a football club is - are they going to tell me I can't use the term Rangers for the club that plays at Ibrox any more (despite the fact the majority of Scots do)?

Are they going to assume I am with the few punters that held a stupid banner up in the North about "ST holders not being asked their views?" That went down like a lead balloon didn't it?

Anyway, soapboxes aside, it just isn't that important. And as Engels said (or was it Marx), if it isnlt rational, it isn't real!

Quote Originally Posted by crabis View Post
    The 239, or whatever it is now, who voted to keep the Rangers thing going are hardly a massive force within the Hibs community. They don't even occupy the moral high ground - in order to do that they would have to dictate to me what exactly a football club is - are they going to tell me I can't use the term Rangers for the club that plays at Ibrox any more (despite the fact the majority of Scots do)?

Are they going to assume I am with the few punters that held a stupid banner up in the North about "ST holders not being asked their views?" That went down like a lead balloon didn't it?

Anyway, soapboxes aside, it just isn't that important. And as Engels said (or was it Marx), if it isnlt rational, it isn't real!
    In what way did it 'go down like a lead balloon'? I've mostly only ever heard/read praise for the banner.

Left by mutual consent! majorhibs's Avatar
    Being clever & witty in replying is what it is. Cheating, is disgusting! As are the defenders of the cheaters SO desperate to minimise their cheating. As I said yesterday, the defenders of this shower of cheats, on here, disgust me. My opinion, I'm disgusted about all the years I went to those games because I was being conned, by ex huns & SFA, & now, the (not said lightly or in drink) apologist move on-ers on here disgust me! As in dis effin gustin if it wasn't read yesterday. I don't expect or speak for anyone but myself, & how I feel totally aggrieved at the cheating on ME & MY TEAM, but to have to listen to apologists for cheating ridiculing my & others viewpoint is too much. Fairness sporting integrity no cheating where does move on fit into that?
    Edit-- for youngsters- all the above applies to "lying" as well!
    Last edited by majorhibs; 23-09-2017 at 09:37 PM.

Left by mutual consent!

Why then does every other sport strip titles from those found out to have gained sporting advantage from mendacious actions?

Why should Scottish Football be the odd one out when it allows titles won mendaciously to stand?

Surely sporting integrity matters?

GGTTH

Quote Originally Posted by lgnsh_070362 View Post
    Why then does every other sport strip titles from those found out to have gained sporting advantage from mendacious actions?

Why should Scottish Football be the odd one out when it allows titles won mendaciously to stand?
    Pro wrestling. That's our paradigm.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    Pro wrestling. That's our paradigm.
    As a kid watching Big Daddy and Mick McManus thrash each other around like rag dolls are you saying I was watching a rigged show? I demand justice!

Scottish football governing bodies and old time wrestling kidology. It all makes sense now

GGTTH
    Last edited by Tornadoes70; 23-09-2017 at 09:20 PM.

Left by mutual consent! majorhibs's Avatar

Yes, ar*e is the best word applied to yourself.IMO! There's a good few places west of here have similar views to you.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Being clever & witty in replying is what it is. Cheating, is disgusting! As are the defenders of the cheaters SO desperate to minimise their cheating. As I said yesterday, the defenders of this shower of cheats, on here, disgust me. My opinion, I'm disgusted about all the years I went to those games because I was being conned, by ex huns & SFA, & now, the (not said lightly or in drink) apologist move on-ers on here disgust me! As in dis effin gustin if it wasn't read yesterday. I don't expect or speak for anyone but myself, & how I feel totally aggrieved at the cheating on ME & MY TEAM, but to have to listen to apologists for cheating ridiculing my & others viewpoint is too much. Fairness sporting integrity no cheating where does move on fit into that?
    Well said mate.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    Well said mate.
    Hear hear.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

@hibs.net private member
    So besides forcibly expressing your opinion on here what do you want to happen?

And what are you doing to make it happen?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by w pilton hibby View Post
    So besides forcibly expressing your opinion on here what do you want to happen?

And what are you doing to make it happen?
    He's not being melodramatic as you're trying to make out using such terminology. The man's entitled to give his opinion on what has been a shameful episode in Scottish footballing history when failing to strip titles that were won with such cunning.

I think most of us are fully aware that nothing is going to happen now but surely folk are allowed to vent their frustration at what has been a collusive cover up by a member of the Judiciary and the footballing authorities to ensure the huns kept their ill gotten gains.

Its a disgraceful event but I've had many experiences where the authorities engage in these type of activities and I was not at all surprised by the scale of what has happened here unlike unfortunately the vast majority of ordinary trusting folk.

GGTTH

Check out @russabercrombie’s Tweet: https://twitter.com/russabercrombie/...742654977?s=09 NOTHING TO SEE, LETS MOVE ON

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Clash View Post
    In what way did it 'go down like a lead balloon'? I've mostly only ever heard/read praise for the banner.
    While there will have been people praising the banner I doubt it was that many in the scale of things. I first noticed it (from West lower) when people round about were looking up and trying to make out what it was saying - they figured it was something to do with Rangers and went back to watching the game - as I did.

And since Rangers never concealed the fact that they were using EBTs and, in fact, got advice that they were legal and this colours the thing for many - not really the black and white "cheating" that is being claimed. In those days contractors were using various schemes to avoid tax which then fell foul of the taxman's ruling - that's just how things were.

Unfair yes, but just isn't something that can be put right this far ahead.

While there will have been people praising the banner I doubt it was that many in the scale of things. I first noticed it (from West lower) when people round about were looking up and trying to make out what it was saying - they figured it was something to do with Rangers and went back to watching the game - as I did.

And since Rangers never concealed the fact that they were using EBTs and, in fact, got advice that they were legal and this colours the thing for many - not really the black and white "cheating" that is being claimed. In those days contractors were using various schemes to avoid tax which then fell foul of the taxman's ruling - that's just how things were.

Unfair yes, but just isn't something that can be put right this far ahead.
    Side. Letters.

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lapsedhibee View Post
    Side. Letters.
    ... Illegal. Cheating. Side. Letters. Just so everyone's on the same page

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Hackett View Post
    ... Illegal. Cheating. Side. Letters. Just so everyone's on the same page
    Doesn't seem that Lord Nimmo Smith is on the same page with his "no sporting advantage" ruling. And while I don't agree with that either it looks to me, and probably a lot of others, as if that was the end of the line. Dead horses and all that.

Is this really the worst wrong in the world that needs rectified?