hibs.net Messageboard

Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    @hibs.net private member RIP's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    6,582

    Huns in Perth for SDL Demo

    Spotted 2 lowbrow football casuals in Perth city centre today scoping out suitable marching territory for their 1.30 demo against the new Mosque on Sunday 10th September. Looking forward to chants of "No Surrender, Fk Refugees and Fk the IRA.

    What's the chances I could get a few 3-2 banners printed in time? The good citizens of Perth will be out in force to stop the fascists.

    All support will be greatly appreciated


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #2
    Coaching Staff frazeHFC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    South Queensferry
    Age
    24
    Posts
    7,984
    Gamer IDs

    Gamertag: Frazdazhfc
    Said this on another thread but the police must be delighted they chose the Sunday, as we play there on the Saturday which could have been very tasty.

    Not sure about the banners though sorry, great idea though.

  4. #3
    @hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    9,540
    Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Spotted 2 lowbrow football casuals in Perth city centre today scoping out suitable marching territory for their 1.30 demo against the new Mosque on Sunday 10th September. Looking forward to chants of "No Surrender, Fk Refugees and Fk the IRA.

    What's the chances I could get a few 3-2 banners printed in time? The good citizens of Perth will be out in force to stop the fascists.

    All support will be greatly appreciated
    People protesting against a mosque being opened? WTF?

    How shameful is that?

    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

  5. #4
    @hibs.net private member Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    North stand
    Posts
    15,297
    Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    People protesting against a mosque being opened? WTF?

    How shameful is that?

    You've got the wrong end of the stick. It's about parking.

    Peoples champions.

  6. #5
    @hibs.net private member Golden Fleece's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    between a brewery & distillery
    Posts
    11,204
    I'm going to be in Perth next Sunday. Dewars centre from 9am. There is a large counter demo planned I know about.
    #Persevered
    Scotland can be a beacon, within these islands and beyond, for a socially just and sustainable society. Whilst there are many priorities which will require independence, there is also much that can and must be done now by the Scottish Parliament and the Scottish Government.

  7. #6
    @hibs.net private member Golden Fleece's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    between a brewery & distillery
    Posts
    11,204
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You've got the wrong end of the stick. It's about parking.

    Peoples champions.
    The objections from the public were about parking but the SDL are wanting to stop the conversion of a small building into a mosque.
    #Persevered
    Scotland can be a beacon, within these islands and beyond, for a socially just and sustainable society. Whilst there are many priorities which will require independence, there is also much that can and must be done now by the Scottish Parliament and the Scottish Government.

  8. #7
    @hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    9,540
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    You've got the wrong end of the stick. It's about parking.

    Peoples champions.
    Happens quite often to me, fortunately I've avoided injuries.

    So whats the story here?
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

  9. #8
    @hibs.net private member Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    North stand
    Posts
    15,297
    Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Happens quite often to me, fortunately I've avoided injuries.

    So whats the story here?
    You haven't really. It's just my attempt at humour regarding the SDL's attempt to shoehorn genuine concerns from residents regarding parking into their arguments.

    There was another thread on this somewhere IIRC.

  10. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Spotted 2 lowbrow football casuals in Perth city centre today scoping out suitable marching territory for their 1.30 demo against the new Mosque on Sunday 10th September. Looking forward to chants of "No Surrender, Fk Refugees and Fk the IRA.

    What's the chances I could get a few 3-2 banners printed in time? The good citizens of Perth will be out in force to stop the fascists.

    All support will be greatly appreciated
    I'm totally opposed to the SDL and other extremist groups but I'm at a loss to why anyone would welcome a mosque in their area as its totally against LGBT and women's rights. It seems a bit of an oxymoron to protest at other extremist groups who are opposing the opening of an institution that is openly intolerant to equality and human rights.

  11. #10
    @hibs.net private member Pete's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    North stand
    Posts
    15,297
    Quote Originally Posted by lgnsh_070362 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm totally opposed to the SDL and other extremist groups but I'm at a loss to why anyone would welcome a mosque in their area as its totally against LGBT and women's rights. It seems a bit of an oxymoron to protest at other extremist groups who are opposing the opening of an institution that is openly intolerant to equality and human rights.
    Where is the line drawn though? There are other groups, religions and communities that consider certain others to be inferior or morally wrong yet they enjoy the freedom to believe what they want.

    For what it's worth I agree with your point and I don't think it's made enough. Any framework, religion or institution that discriminates on any level can get lost. The perfect revolution would involve banning the whole ****ing religious thing altogether as it seems to cause more trouble than it's worth.

    Maybe God is actually waiting on us doing that and treating everyone as equals before giving us a slow clap and finally revealing himself.

  12. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Where is the line drawn though? There are other groups, religions and communities that consider certain others to be inferior or morally wrong yet they enjoy the freedom to believe what they want.

    For what it's worth I agree with your point and I don't think it's made enough. Any framework, religion or institution that discriminates on any level can get lost. The perfect revolution would involve banning the whole ****ing religious thing altogether as it seems to cause more trouble than it's worth.

    Maybe God is actually waiting on us doing that and treating everyone as equals before giving us a slow clap and finally revealing himself.
    Thanks Pete. I debated to myself whether or not to give my opinion as it can be very contentious to some folk no matter the reasoning but i firmly believe in equality and human rights and the mosques are intolerant to any suggestion of opening themselves up to these modern matters of non discrimination.

    They can't have it both ways opposing one extremist group while defending another's that is firmly against LGBT and Women's rights as they both seem to be as bad as each other. They should be protesting against both the SDL and the Mosques if they are true in what they are affirming.


  13. #12
    @hibs.net private member Golden Fleece's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    between a brewery & distillery
    Posts
    11,204
    Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Happens quite often to me, fortunately I've avoided injuries.

    So whats the story here?
    The 'mosque' is in fact formerly a 13.3m x 8.4m office , the size of a small 3 bedroom bungalow. the location is close to the Perth Royal Infirmary where there is alot of congestion. Local residents objected on the grounds of parking problems which already exist because of the hospital.

    The applicant proposes a change of use from former builder’s yard and offices to a place of worship. The place of worship will consist of a main hall, extra prayer room, ladies area, two offices and the retention of the kitchen area.
    The plans submitted with the application indicate that there is to be eleven car parking spaces and the provision for cycle parking within the application site.
    The prayers sessions are to be morning, lunch time, mid-afternoon, late afternoon and evening. With 10 to 15 persons attending each prayer session, however it is anticipated that the Friday lunch time prayer session will be attended by 80 to 100 people.

    The SDL jumped on this claiming they had been asked to help by residents, and are putting out 'information' that it will accommodate 600 worshippers which it clearly can't. Why they have chosen a Sunday for their protest when there will be minimal disruption and therefore little media coverage is confusing.

    There is of course a counter demonstration planned by anti fascist groups.
    #Persevered
    Scotland can be a beacon, within these islands and beyond, for a socially just and sustainable society. Whilst there are many priorities which will require independence, there is also much that can and must be done now by the Scottish Parliament and the Scottish Government.

  14. #13
    Promising Youngster Stick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    In la la land
    Posts
    63
    As has already been said, the plan is to convert an existing bungalow which was previously used as an office for a local builder. Local residents objected because of parking concerns on this busy road. Parking is already a problem and traffic flow is frequently slowed and interrupted. The main entrance to the hospital is very close with frequent buses, cars, and ambulances leaving and entering.
    The residents think that the plan to accomidate only 11 cars is not adequate for approx 60 to 80 attendees, which could mean 15 to 20 cars or more. They also use the example of the existing mosque on Glasgow road, which they say attracts parking problems in that area.
    The new mosque is intended to be temporary until funds are available to build a larger mosque on the large builders yard behind the bungalow, which will use the same entry. This new facility will accommodate worshippers from a wide area and estimates are for around 600 people, which means a substantial number of cars.
    The SDL are, in my opinion jumping on the project for there own agenda and using the residents parking concerns as an excuse.
    I don't wish to get into the politics or religious arguments, but purely from the point that I use this road several times a week due to work, I think that there is a traffic problem and I am surprised that a better site could not have been chosen.
    Hope this clarifies the situation.

  15. #14
    @hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Down East
    Posts
    9,804
    Quote Originally Posted by lgnsh_070362 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm totally opposed to the SDL and other extremist groups but I'm at a loss to why anyone would welcome a mosque in their area as its totally against LGBT and women's rights. It seems a bit of an oxymoron to protest at other extremist groups who are opposing the opening of an institution that is openly intolerant to equality and human rights.
    Minorities Rule, ya bass!

  16. #15
    @hibs.net private member RIP's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    6,582
    Anyone who opposes Hun Loyalist abd racist politics needs to be in Perth on Sunday. The whole city is coming out to stop them.
    Working for a Scottish Labour Government in an Independent Scotland

    https://www.facebook.com/labourforindependence/

  17. #16
    @hibs.net private member Golden Fleece's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    between a brewery & distillery
    Posts
    11,204
    Quote Originally Posted by RIP View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone who opposes Hun Loyalist abd racist politics needs to be in Perth on Sunday. The whole city is coming out to stop them.
    I am sure I saw your distinctive features in the paper yesterday, at the County Hotel meeting

    I will be in Perth on Sunday, except I will be in the Dewars Centre all day so won't see the 3rd battle of Perth

    Police presence in the city centre at lunchtime today. Also hear Wetherspoon's is not opening until 4 on Sunday
    Last edited by Golden Fleece; 08-09-2017 at 01:57 PM.
    #Persevered
    Scotland can be a beacon, within these islands and beyond, for a socially just and sustainable society. Whilst there are many priorities which will require independence, there is also much that can and must be done now by the Scottish Parliament and the Scottish Government.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved