hibs.net Messageboard

Left by mutual consent!

Czech Masters and TPC Boston Dell Technologies Golf.

Czech Masters and TPC Boston Dell Technologies this week starting Thursday and Friday respectively.

Another very difficult call as to who will win these ones outright. The TPC Boston looks a tricky course to master and it could go to a player that accurately plots his way round rather than the big hitting Dustin Johnson (Could be wrong though of course). I've again opted for a wee bet outright on each of Casey, Kuchar and Mcilroy with a sneaky outsider Jonathan Vegas who played very in the Northern last week.

The European Tour's Ryder Cup rankings begin this week and there's a couple of star names involved at the Czech Masters in Lee Westwood and Martin Kaymer but I've stuck with Aaron Rai as my sole pre-cut bet and if he doesn't make the cut I'll lump on someone else at the weekend.

Sure to be another cracking weekend of golf ahead. Good luck to anyone else having a wee wager.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    The TPC Boston has been fantastic to watch so far with the leader having changed various times. Jon Rahm has come out of the pack to lead at -9 and he is in prime position going into the final two rounds. My one remaining bet still in contention Paul Casey had a great round today to move to -7. There are quite a few in contention however young Jordan Spieth has gone from being +1 to -5 and he's quietly moved into a winning position given his past form and he looks like being one to look out for with last weeks Northern winner Dustin Johnson a shot further back. Rory Mcilroy has done an extremely poor impersonation of his once champion golfer status and it was a sorry sight seeing him four putt from around 11 feet in round 1. He looks a pale imitation of his former self. Whatever happens on this tricky golf course its sure to throw up some cracking golf shots over the next couple of days.

Left by mutual consent!
    Some unbelievable golf played today in the TPC Boston. Jon Rahm started today with a two shot lead and it seemed as if he'd be in pole position going into the final day tomorrow however he ended up at even par for today which leaves him at -9 three shots off the lead -12 held by Justin Thomas and Marc Leishman. Thomas had a terrific round of golf and ended up co leader at -12 after shooting a bogey free round of 63 alongside Leishman who went round in 65. My remaining live bet Paul Casey managed a respectably decent round of 67 to leave him one shot off the pace at -11. Ominously Jordan Spieth and Dustin Johnson are not far off the leaders at -10 and -9 respectively and are live contenders going into the final round tomorrow that is shaping up to be a fantastically competitive final round. I would be very disappointed if I'd bet on Jon Rahm prior to today's round as he looked as if he'd be at the very least to be in the final pairings going into tomorrow until what was a disappointing round today from him however he's still in there with every chance of winning along with a number of others and I'm really looking forward to what should be a nip and tuck final round tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by lgnsh_070362 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Some unbelievable golf played today in the TPC Boston. Jon Rahm started today with a two shot lead and it seemed as if he'd be in pole position going into the final day tomorrow however he ended up at even par for today which leaves him at -9 three shots off the lead -12 held by Justin Thomas and Marc Leishman. Thomas had a terrific round of golf and ended up co leader at -12 after shooting a bogey free round of 63 alongside Leishman who went round in 65. My remaining live bet Paul Casey managed a respectably decent round of 67 to leave him one shot off the pace at -11. Ominously Jordan Spieth and Dustin Johnson are not far off the leaders at -10 and -9 respectively and are live contenders going into the final round tomorrow that is shaping up to be a fantastically competitive final round. I would be very disappointed if I'd bet on Jon Rahm prior to today's round as he looked as if he'd be at the very least to be in the final pairings going into tomorrow until what was a disappointing round today from him however he's still in there with every chance of winning along with a number of others and I'm really looking forward to what should be a nip and tuck final round tomorrow.
    Thomas just seemed to hole everything it really was a brilliant round.

I had a small bet on Speith before the week started and hopefully deosn't rue that slow first round. He did the same last week where he gave himself a lot of ground to make up on the leaders so hopefully doesn't happen again!

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by HibernianJK View Post
    Thomas just seemed to hole everything it really was a brilliant round.

I had a small bet on Speith before the week started and hopefully deosn't rue that slow first round. He did the same last week where he gave himself a lot of ground to make up on the leaders so hopefully doesn't happen again!
    Not having bet on Spieth I was happy to see him in the middle of the pack after the first round as he's a special talent. It wouldn't be a surprise to anyone to see him shoot a winning score tonight however I think it could go to any one of the top eight in the field that are 9 under and better. Hopefully Thomas isn't holing 49 feet birdies like he was last night mind you it made for some cracking watching last night. Hopefully one of us is collecting something from the bookies tomorrow however if not there's certain to be some great golf tonight in any case. Good luck .

Not having bet on Spieth I was happy to see him in the middle of the pack after the first round as he's a special talent. It wouldn't be a surprise to anyone to see him shoot a winning score tonight however I think it could go to any one of the top eight in the field that are 9 under and better. Hopefully Thomas isn't holing 49 feet birdies like he was last night mind you it made for some cracking watching last night. Hopefully one of us is collecting something from the bookies tomorrow however if not there's certain to be some great golf tonight in any case. Good luck .
    have to hope he used all his magic last night and someone else can have a turn today.

Let's hope so. And you

@hibs.net private member Golden Bear's Avatar
    I'm a bit of a golf addict myself and do like the occasional flutter. However TV golf is becoming increasingly boring because of the length of the time the pros are taking over each shot. I don't know what the answer is as so many of these guys are mega wealthy so penalty shots or financial penalties will not act as a real deterrent but something needs to be done as the image of the game is suffering badly.
    Last edited by Golden Bear; 04-09-2017 at 02:54 PM.

Left by mutual consent!
    have to hope he used all his magic last night and someone else can have a turn today.

Let's hope so. And you
    After young Jordan going 6 under after 7 holes I genuinely thought it was over before it had begun. I was hoping he would win it for you as my bet Casey had a sluggish start and never really got going at all and with the caliber of players like Spieth and Thomas ahead of him he had to have a good start, hey ho. Leishman blew it on the back nine and the eventual winner Thomas steadied himself and played like a veteran to go on and win it. Another cracking four days of pga tour golf however I think there's a break now until the BMW starting on the 14th. There's a decent European tour tournament upcoming this weekend to keep us going until the BMW begins.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Golden Bear View Post
    I'm a bit of a golf addict myself and do like the occasional flutter. However TV golf is becoming increasingly boring because of the length of the time the pros are taking over each shot. I don't know what the answer is as so many of these guys are mega wealthy so penalty shots or financial penalties will not act as a real deterrent but something needs to be done as the image of the game is suffering badly.
    Penalty ****s is the answer. The wealthy ones play to win and the others play for money.(ranking points). I used to love watching golf whenever it was on live. It didn't matter what round it day it was. Now all I can stomach these days is the back nine Sunday fur exactly the same reason. I am Siam becoming increasingly irritated by the advert breaks with the same abverts over and over. Maybe we're just getting old.😁

After young Jordan going 6 under after 7 holes I genuinely thought it was over before it had begun. I was hoping he would win it for you as my bet Casey had a sluggish start and never really got going at all and with the caliber of players like Spieth and Thomas ahead of him he had to have a good start, hey ho. Leishman blew it on the back nine and the eventual winner Thomas steadied himself and played like a veteran to go on and win it. Another cracking four days of pga tour golf however I think there's a break now until the BMW starting on the 14th. There's a decent European tour tournament upcoming this weekend to keep us going until the BMW begins.
    Yeah I thought he was going to do it after that flying start.

He never really got his putter working on the back 9 and had about 4 birdie putts just missed which ultimately cost him. He will probably be carrying my money at the BMW as he's gone close twice now!

Left by mutual consent!
    Yeah I thought he was going to do it after that flying start.

He never really got his putter working on the back 9 and had about 4 birdie putts just missed which ultimately cost him. He will probably be carrying my money at the BMW as he's gone close twice now!
    He's been runner up in the last two pga's and it seems pretty certain he'll be thereabouts in the vast majority of any tournament he enters into as he's a unique talent that can rip up any course when he's in form. Just unfortunate young Justin Thomas hit such a rich vein of form in the final two rounds.