hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!

Kezia resigns as Scottish Labour Leader

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-41082916

She can slaver all she wants, but I think it's obvious to everybody why she is stepping down.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    imo she's a decent individual and it wasn't pleasant seeing her screwing her face up and gritting her teeth, it just didn't suit her,she should have left that kind of bitterness to ruth davidson, still.. now she has plenty time to watch the hibs and carry on disliking that horrible little sleekit cretin corbyn and his followers in the scottish branch of Labour

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    imo she's a decent individual and it wasn't pleasant seeing her screwing her face up and gritting her teeth, it just didn't suit her,she should have left that kind of bitterness to ruth davidson, still.. now she has plenty time to watch the hibs and carry on disliking that horrible little sleekit cretin corbyn and his followers in the scottish branch of Labour
    Dugdale is no saint. She was happy to cling on to the gravy train for as long as possible, knowing full well how she was ultimately going to be treated by the master branch. SLAB is a joke and she knew it was a joke. However, it was a joke that paid good money for doing so little.

A decent politician but not a great leader. It is time for her to step down.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    A decent politician but not a great leader. It is time for her to step down.
    Doubt it was by choice to be honest. She was told it was her time.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Totally out her depth as a party leader since day one.

Kinda made the same faux pas as Dick Clegg.
    i.e. sacrificed a lifetime career for a brief moment in the spotlight.
    Ta-ra! Followed by the big hook.

Any implocation that the Westminster party had her pushed will affect their recent little resurgence, I fear.

@hibs.net private member ronaldo7's Avatar
    Gerry Hassan, called it this week. The manoeuvring of Findlay and co have finally pushed her over the edge. Cheerio kez, see you behind the goals.

@hibs.net private member
    Neil Findlay won't be running for leadership and the left was not behind her decision. She has stood down for personal reasons. I expect to continue as a MSP until the next election. The early front runners are Richard Leonard, Alex Rowley and Anas Sarwar.

Unlike many on here I actually know her and don't necessarily agree with politics she is a decent MSP and decent person

@hibs.net private member ronaldo7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lucky View Post
    Neil Findlay won't be running for leadership and the left was not behind her decision. She has stood down for personal reasons. I expect to continue as a MSP until the next election. The early front runners are Richard Leonard, Alex Rowley and Anas Sarwar.

Unlike many on here I actually know her and don't necessarily agree with politics she is a decent MSP and decent person
    She was facing a leadership challenge, and likely to lose, let's not put this down to personal reasons, although she may have seen the light. 💡

What is an acceptable amount of time before she joins the SNP ?

Testimonial Due

Agree with this - a nice person, possibly too nice to be a party leader.

I first came across her at a public meeting in Leith in the run up to the referendum. TBH I had never heard of her before that night. Being a YES supporter I disagreed with what she said but she debated that night with NS in a constructive, reasoned and articulate way.

But when she became leader she had to play the game of being aggressive and confrontational and it just didn't seem to suit her. One of her predecessors, Ian Gray, seemed to me to be similar, a decent guy unsuited to being what his party expected of the leader.

Lucky implies he knows the reasons for her resignation and if they are personal then they should remain private. But when her relationship with the SNP MSP became public knowledge I wondered at the time that if it lasted then which one would switch parties.

Left by mutual consent!

No she hasn't. Corbyn came up and told her to step down. That's what happened. If you believe any of the guff she's coming out with, then hopefully you're one of not too many.

Quote Originally Posted by SouthsideHarp_Bhoy View Post
    Agree with this - a nice person, possibly too nice to be a party leader.
    Like Jeremy Corbyn?

I've spoken to her on the phone once, (although this was down to gross stupidity on my part and not the result of being besties with her or anything) and she was extremely pleasant. The bottom line though, is like her protégé Iain Gray, she just wasn't convincing enough or a talented enough politician to properly challenge Nicola. And she got everything wrong tactically during the Corbyn coup.

@hibs.net private member RagingReality's Avatar
    Kezia Dugdale seems like a very nice person but she was still 1. part of the Blairite wing of the party and 2. obsessed with preventing independence as party policy, so even with Corbyn leading Labour I would never in a million years vote for her.

If Scottish Labour can elect a genuinely left-wing leader who focuses more on providing a socially democratic opposition and stop bleating on about stifling independence, they might win back a lot of Yes/SNP voters - myself included.

1-1, 1-1, 2-0, 2-2, 1-0, 0-0, 3-1

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by High-On-Hibs View Post
    No she hasn't. Corbyn came up and told her to step down. That's what happened. If you believe any of the guff she's coming out with, then hopefully you're one of not too many.

Like Jeremy Corbyn?
    I dont know, ive nevet met JC. And while he seems nice, he has some absolute hatchet men amd orrible types working closely with him (mcdonnell, and his momentum lot, for example).

Left by mutual consent!
    I dont know, ive nevet met JC. And while he seems nice, he has some absolute hatchet men amd orrible types working closely with him (mcdonnell, and his momentum lot, for example).
    So you can't judge Jeremy Corbyn because you've never met him. However, that "momentum lot" are "orrible types". So I assume you've met every member of momentum?

Seemed like a decent enough person but she was hopeless as leader.

There's not exactly a queue of exciting names jockeying for position to take over either.

Agree with sentiments above on KD: seems decent enough but hopeless.

God help them if they pick Sarwar.

Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    Agree with sentiments above on KD: seems decent enough but hopeless.

Or Jackie Baillie

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by JeMeSouviens View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo_1875 View Post
    Or Jackie Baillie
    Or Jim Murphy

Or Ian Murray

Or..... etc

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by High-On-Hibs View Post
    So you can't judge Jeremy Corbyn because you've never met him. However, that "momentum lot" are "orrible types". So I assume you've met every member of momentum?
    Youre itching for an argument eh...

If you are going to act like an 8 year old, then there is no piint in engaging with you.

Quote Originally Posted by RagingReality View Post
    Kezia Dugdale seems like a very nice person but she was still 1. part of the Blairite wing of the party and 2. obsessed with preventing independence as party policy, so even with Corbyn leading Labour I would never in a million years vote for her.

If Scottish Labour can elect a genuinely left-wing leader who focuses more on providing a socially democratic opposition and stop bleating on about stifling independence, they might win back a lot of Yes/SNP voters - myself included.
    I think you're right.

Left by mutual consent!
    Youre itching for an argument eh...

If you are going to act like an 8 year old, then there is no piint in engaging with you.
    If you don't have a direct response to what I believe was a valid point to make, then you're probably best not saying anything at all.

Well I'm one of the Momentum lot, and I'm lovely. (nothing like blowing your ain trumpet)

Quote Originally Posted by stoneyburn hibs View Post
    What is an acceptable amount of time before she joins the SNP ?
    Please no. She is a terrible politician.

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty Boy View Post
    Seemed like a decent enough person but she was hopeless as leader.

There's not exactly a queue of exciting names jockeying for position to take over either.

Who would be mad enough to take it at the moment?

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by beensaidbefore View Post
    Who would be mad enough to take it at the moment?
    Never underestimate a politician's ego...!!

Panic over. Craig Levein has just appointed himself as new Scottish labour leader :)