hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    @hibs.net private member offshorehibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hibee_girl View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Pretty sure we were mentioned in river city a few times too, seem to remember Jimmy reading a book about us in one scene.
    Sure there was a young guy in River City a couple of years ago, went to Leith Academy about the same time as our 2. Not saying he was a Hibby, but going to Leith, there's a good chance.
    TOP CASH BACK
    The easy way to make money

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Superfuddyhibby View Post
    "I can understand why Stranraer are so lowly, they could save a lot of points by signing the Hibs goalie"

or

"sixty miles to Kilmarnock, just to see Hibernian play, the day was bright and sunny, but the game I won't relate"

Some lyrics from two different songs from a well known band from the 1980's ( the band are still well known now).

My favourite reference is the band name "The Suns of Albert", commemorating the legendary moustachioed maestro, Sir Alberto Kidd.

The Blue Rose Code also reference the Hibees in one of their songs, maybe the "Ghosts of Leith".
    Edina has bit about going down Easter Road and through the turnstile. Grateful also has a scene at the ground in the video.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Scarlet Johansson with the Hibs fan in the film of Under the Skin...

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    I think a fair few performers at the festival have attended Easter Road in the past. Sure I read Frank Skinner and Jonathan Woss have attended a few of our games in years gone by when they were up here.....can imagine there will be plenty more.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post
    I think a fair few performers at the festival have attended Easter Road in the past. Sure I read Frank Skinner and Jonathan Woss have attended a few of our games in years gone by when they were up here.....can imagine there will be plenty more.
    Andrew Maxwell certainly does, he used to tell a joke about going to a Hibs Rangers game. Sean Hughes also attended Easter Road regularly during the festival.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Albert of Kidd View Post
    Andrew Maxwell certainly does, he used to tell a joke about going to a Hibs Rangers game. Sean Hughes also attended Easter Road regularly during the festival.
    I used to have a DVD of Andrew maxwell it was pretty good, one disc was a full stand up in Edinburgh and the other a split one where done a gig on both the falls road and shankill on the same night. I think he was the first Comedian from Dublin or something to do a gig on both sides. Mentioned hibs a few times.

Testimonial Due
    There was a character on BBC comedy City Lights that used to wear a Hands off Hibs t shirt. Think the actor was Andy Grey (sp).

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibrandenburg View Post
    No wonder the place closed if you had to bring your own drinks with you!
    I'll get YOUR coat !!

@hibs.net private member barcahibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BH Hibs View Post
    There was a character on BBC comedy City Lights that used to wear a Hands off Hibs t shirt. Think the actor was Andy Grey (sp).
    Its amazing how your memory works... I'd completely forgotten about this but i was sitting near him at the Hands off Hibs event at the Usher Hall. Think there were another couple of the actors from the series with him as well.

Quote Originally Posted by iwasthere1972 View Post
    Doors Open film featuring Stephen Fry. Watched it in 2012. Below is a post which appeared on here asking for extras.

Volunteers wanted for Sunday April 22nd from 9am to 12.30 to play the part of a Hibs crowd. Young, old, guys, gals, families, groups of pals all welcome. We have 20 people already and need a few dozen more. If we provide the right number of people, a donation of £1,200 will be made to Hibs12thMan/Sect43 for our display at the Scottish Cup Final

It will be interesting, fun, a great cause and a day you will not forget. The film is Doors Open by Ian Rankin. Not a Rebus story but an intriguing crime drama.

Dougie Henshall is a Hibby who goes along to watch the Cabbage and (just like Craig and Charlie Reid) loves standing wi his 2 mates in the Singing Section. The camera pans over to land on a stray Hibby in the same section also enjoying the game.

Upon leaving Dougie and this other lad bump into each other outside the Albion Bar. They get chatting and cook up the mother of all Arts heists. A real Ocean's 11 set around Edinburgh but kicking off at Hibs V Killie on Sunday 22 April.

Our mission - should you choose to accept it - is to supply Ian and his film company (owned by Stephen Fry) with a few dozen extras who will appear in the crowd scenes, filming from 9-12.30 after which we lunch with the crew. Then we enjoy the fitba and after the match, shoot a quick scene outside the Albion Bar

In exchange for your volunteering - The film company will pay £1200 which will buy 25 thousand green and white cards for an amazing cup final display on 19th May. On Sunday, probable meetup & parking at Old Leith Academy 8.45 am. Coach to ER. Filming starts at 9am at ER. 9-12.30 Lunch with crew. Smart football gear - tops, scarves. Over 16 but 14-16 with an adult OK
    Completely forgot about this when I was trying to think of others. Close up of my face as I jog past the camera in front of the main actors.

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Our very own Jack Docherty as Mcglashan in Absolutely

MURDO, MURDO....

Quote Originally Posted by BH Hibs View Post

Didn't John Leslie wear one of those on Blue Peter?

Just saw a brief and unexpected Hibs reference in the video for Rose Elinor Dougal's Carry on. https://youtu.be/g_pHJR7qXzg

Can't upload screen grab on mob.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    I’m sure Jack Docherty as the Chief Super gets us into an episode of Scot Squad regards the Cup Final.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    Didn't John Leslie wear one of those on Blue Peter?
    He did

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by offshorehibby View Post
    Sure there was a young guy in River City a couple of years ago, went to Leith Academy about the same time as our 2. Not saying he was a Hibby, but going to Leith, there's a good chance.
    Was it Billy McElhaney?

He is certainly a Hibs fan. He appeared in River City for 11 years, Rab C Nesbitt, etc, etc.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    I’m sure Jack Docherty as the Chief Super gets us into an episode of Scot Squad regards the Cup Final.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMsh...&feature=share

Quote Originally Posted by jgl07 View Post
    Was it Billy McElhaney?

He is certainly a Hibs fan. He appeared in River City for 11 years, Rab C Nesbitt, etc, etc.
    Billy,s a pure Hibby but from Niddrie .✌✋

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19
    I may have sported a Hibs top in Enter Shikari’s No Sleep Tonight music video.

@hibs.net private member SouthMoroccoStu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HibbyCal View Post
    Yeah!

Behind the drummer. Looks like the 2007 CIS Shirt

Ok, fess up, who is it?

@hibs.net private member cheltenhamhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Outside of the 'bigger' clubs can there be a club anywhere who are referenced more in books TV and cinema than Hibs are. I was watching a film in the wee small hours last night with Scarlett Johansson in it where basically she plays an alien who drives around Glasgow picking up random strangers and killing them 'under the skin' is the film.

Anyway ... she picks up this guy with a green & white scarf on who you think is a Celtic supporter, but then he takes off his jacket and is resplendent in an 11/12 season Hibs top which made me laugh ..... Miss Johansson takes stuff off as well
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zE56AUIDkag

Quote Originally Posted by HibbyCal View Post
    Amazing! My favourite team, and one of my favourite bands of all time combined. You’ve made my whole day!

Not their best song, but I’m made up with that.

@hibs.net private member weecounty hibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cheltenhamhibee View Post
    Can't believe he never asked her to put the strip on!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cheltenhamhibee View Post
    That’s weird as hell. Just looked up the film though, and it came 61st in the BBC's 100 Greatest Films of the 21st Century. That’s another fantastic claim to fame for the Hibees!

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: calhill19
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthMoroccoStu View Post
    Yeah!

Behind the drummer. Looks like the 2007 CIS Shirt

Ok, fess up, who is it?
    See original post, it’s me haha this would have been in 2009 I think!

Quote Originally Posted by Austinho View Post
    Amazing! My favourite team, and one of my favourite bands of all time combined. You’ve made my whole day!

Not their best song, but I’m made up with that.
    Agreed mate, been my favourite band since I first heard them - was chuffed to get to do the video with them; the Hibs top had to be worn.
    Last edited by MrRobot; 10-01-2018 at 11:00 AM.

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    The club are thanked on the sleeve notes of Finley Quaye's debut album, Maverick a Strike.

A young Adolph Hitler, after his discharge from the armed forces at the end of WW1, was a fan of the Ritchie, Dunn, McColl, Halligan and Walker team that lost two consecutive cup finals. Incidentally, Hitler sealed his own downfall, because when he became German chancellor in the 30's and then declared war, his alleged previous presence at Easter Road galvanized the Hearts community into resistance, which as the history books tell us, put paid to his plans for a 1000 year Reich.

@hibs.net private member Baader's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fergos View Post
    Aye Primal Scream meet the big man uptown.....a ref to Lee Scratch Perry and the cover is the tartan army invading the pitch taking the goal posts etc at Wembley 77. Kris Needs may be involved as he did do some work with the Scream team in the 90s.

Not the greatest record, dubby and a bit strung out....if you know what I mean.

GGTTH
    Got the 12". Pretty crap to be honest, the cover is the best thing about it.

Kris Needs was one half of Secret Knowledge. Had a club hit with Sugar Daddy in the early 90s. They were on Andy Weatherall's Sabres of Paradise label.

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Mixu in Phoenix Nights.

http://www.whoateallthepies.tv/bolto...ero_mixu_.html

Sent from my SM-A510F using Tapatalk

Isn’t there quite a few Hibs references on the computer game Grand Theft Auto? Not sure what they are mind you.

Also seen a fair bit of Hibs coverage on a couple of Danny Dyer programmes - Real Football Factory and Britain’s Hardest Men (Bradley Welsh).