hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Are people genuinely bothered what our OPPONENT'S strip colour is when we play?! Each to their own of course, but I don't particularly mind which strip Hibs play in never mind anyone else.

At least things must be going well though... I don't mind reading about his sort of gripe compared to the usual we get

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by WeeRussell View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Are people genuinely bothered what our OPPONENT'S strip colour is when we play?! Each to their own of course, but I don't particularly mind which strip Hibs play in never mind anyone else.

At least things must be going well though... I don't mind reading about his sort of gripe compared to the usual we get
    It all depends on what you look for I suppose:

Would Tommy Cooper have been any less funny in a flat cap rather than the fez? Probably not, but you would have been disappointed if he wasn't wearing it and you had paid to see him.

If Hibs had been allowed to do a lap of honour after the cup final and they had all been in T shirts advertising cheese like Killie did a few years back ( to the outrage of their fans ) would it really have mattered? ...... it would still be Hibs after all.

I don't mind seeing Hibs in their away strip from time to time .... I don't mind seeing teams at ER in their away strip from time to time either. But so far we have played two league games against teams we don't clash with both of whom played in their away strip, I will be very disappointed if that trend continues because for me it detracts somewhat from the spectacle.

Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    If Hibs had been allowed to do a lap of honour after the cup final and they had all been in T shirts advertising cheese like Killie did a few years back ( to the outrage of their fans ) would it really have mattered? ...... it would still be Hibs after all.
    Thinking back three seasons to when we had the ridiculous green t-shirts, I have to agree with you that teams should wear their proper strip except when there is a clash.
    Mature, sensible signature required for responsible position. Good prospects for the right candidate. Apply within.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    It all depends on what you look for I suppose:

Would Tommy Cooper have been any less funny in a flat cap rather than the fez? Probably not, but you would have been disappointed if he wasn't wearing it and you had paid to see him.

I don't mind seeing Hibs in their away strip from time to time .... I don't mind seeing teams at ER in their away strip from time to time either. But so far we have played two league games against teams we don't clash with both of whom played in their away strip, I will be very disappointed if that trend continues because for me it detracts somewhat from the spectacle.
    I have great sympathy for your concerns re strips & I to like the idea of teams playing in their true colours, but I'm afraid the days of iconic strip are gone, looking down South I don't recognise half the strips, also since advent of squad numbers on strips I hate them, 1 to 11, but then I'm of a certain age & generation.

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    Aberdeen played in an all blue strip on sat, WTF is that all about
    Going by the results of the last election it might have something to do with keeping the locals happy 😂