hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Slivka.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    How did he play tonight?
    Poor. He was largely anonymous in the first half and in the second his use of the ball was poor. I'd liked what I'd seen of slivka but he was a waste of a jersey for most of tonight.

2. Log in to remove the advert

He at least showed some effort in midfield.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Not his night tonight. A few good touches but gave the ball away a lot. A few occasions when he looked to get it forward too quickly when he could've driven on.

Happy to have him though.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Definitely not a wide right player where he was played today. Tried hard but we were better when McGeoch came on.

First Team Breakthrough cabbage_88's Avatar
    Said on another thread that I honestly don't think he's done much at all since Ibrox. Definitely a good player in there though and will only get better.

Said on an earlier slivka thread also. His goal at Ibrox has glossed him over so far. Ok player. Dylan wins for me every day of the week between the two.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    Said on an earlier slivka thread also. His goal at Ibrox has glossed him over so far. Ok player. Dylan wins for me every day of the week between the two.
    Let's see him play in his right position, before making rash judgements on him. He's a box to box midfielder, but was asked to play right midfield tonight

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Let's see him play in his right position, before making rash judgements on him. He's a box to box midfielder, but was asked to play right midfield tonight
    I think the only rash judgements so far have been made by those who proclaimed him Class after 180 mins of football where he had played okay with a few flashes off good play.

Lets just let the boy settle in and play his football without any silly expectations on his shoulders.

@hibs.net private member JohnM1875's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: johnmac1875
    I honestly think he's looked good every time I've seen him play so far this season, which, I think is every game bar tonight.

He has a great first touch, composed on the ball, always has his head up looking for a pass and more often than not finds his man. He's also strong in the tackle and looks to have a great engine. Definitely a central midfielder though! Still only 22 as well.

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    He at least showed some effort in midfield.
    Who didn't try?

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    I thought he did well tonight. Always looked to move the ball quickly and bar a couple of loose ones always found a man in green. Certainly a million miles away from poor. He is a quality player. I was surprised he was hooked to be honest as I thought Swanson had run his race at the time.

First Team Breakthrough
    Slivka has ability there's no doubt about that but he lacks pace am afraid and he isn't in the same class as Mcgeoch and should never get a start in front of him in important games.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by fulshie View Post
    Slivka has ability there's no doubt about that but he lacks pace am afraid and he isn't in the same class as Mcgeoch and should never get a start in front of him in important games.

He is actually pretty quick....

he wasnt great today but far better than McGinn who against Motherwell and tonight was poor. He needs to look at his performances.

mcgeouch showed what a difference he can make when he came on

[QUOTE=dmc1875;5173366]He is actually pretty quick....

he wasnt great today but far better than McGinn who against Motherwell and tonight was poor. He needs to look at his performances.

mcgeouch showed what a difference he can make when he came on[/QUOTE
    At last mate.. was beginning to think I was the only one...so much criticism of Slivka and others on here yet McGinn was murder last night and Sat...gives the ball away constantly and runs into opposition players far too often. Great player on his day but been pretty woeful last 2 matches...seems immune to criticism tho and I include the press

Quote Originally Posted by B.H.F.C View Post
    Who didn't try?
    Everybody except Paul Hanlon presumably.

@hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    Thought McGinn was poor last night.Some of his distribution was well below his capabilities

@hibs.net private member worcesterhibby's Avatar
    Disagree, I thought he was excellent at Dens Park too. His use of the ball was good, he has quick feet and he is very positive. I didn't see last nights game, but I do think he will be a player for us.

Quote Originally Posted by worcesterhibby View Post
    Disagree, I thought he was excellent at Dens Park too. His use of the ball was good, he has quick feet and he is very positive. I didn't see last nights game, but I do think he will be a player for us.
    Hope so, not for one second do I look at slivka and not think he has anything. Just think he has not had any real stand out performances to get too excited by yet. Potential is there, no question.

Hope so, not for one second do I look at slivka and not think he has anything. Just think he has not had any real stand out performances to get too excited by yet. Potential is there, no question.
    Correct

I feel he is still adapting to the Scottish game. Unlike a foreign import like De Graaf (), you can see exactly why we signed Slivka as when he plays he peppers the game with moments of real quality. However, while he does everything in a tidy and efficient manner, he hasn't fully imposed himself on a game yet and has struggled with the pace at times. To be fair to him though, he's in a new country, he's not had a settled run, he's supposedly been carrying a knock and he's only 22. He needs a chance to settle and prove himself over a decent period of time.

First Team Breakthrough
    I worry that we could end up doing to Slivka what Ronny Deila did with Stuart Armstrong at Celtic- play him out of position and write him off as not good enough or not 'adapted' to his new club. Once he was played in position he's fulfilled his talent.

Slivka is absolutely good enough and deserves a chance at some point in CM. It's difficult to see how we can fit him in, though, I admit.