hibs.net Messageboard

Left by mutual consent!

Northern Trust and Made in Denmark.

Some big names playing at the Northern Trust Pga tournament this week, McIlroy, Spieth, D Johstone, Rose etc. I'm sticking with Casey and Kuchar. Having a wee punt on Rai and Southgate at the European Made in Denmark tournament

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    The Northern Trust is being played at a newly designed course around NY. Its a monster yardage which might suit the bigger hitters so I've included Mcilroy at 16/1 as an outright bet along with Casey and Kuchar both at 33/1. Mcilroy has been showing some signs of coming back into form and can whack the ball an easy 320-340 off the tee. Its shaping up to be a cracking tournament. Stuck with a punt on Rai and Southgate in the Made in Denmark.

Left by mutual consent!
    Looks as if Jordan Speith is odds on to win the Fedex Cup Northern Trust Playoff tournament. At least Kuch and Casey remained competitive for me unlike Rory who's so out of form its untrue. Rory has at times played like an amateur with very few sparks of what he's capable of.Jon Rahm looks a real young player prospect that's destined to be consistently competing for majors in the years ahead along with Spieth and Justin Thomas etc. In the European Made in Denmark my man Aaron Rai is four shots off the lead and in with a chance of winning tomorrow however if not he's still one to keep an eye out for in the future.

Left by mutual consent!
    Just finished watching a ding dong tussle involving two of the world's best players in Speith and Dustin Johnson going head to head in the final round of the Northern Trust with DJ winning it courtesy of a play off hole. Roll on next weeks Fedex Cup play off tournament, even though my betting slips are in the bucket I thoroughly enjoyed watching a great tournament of golf.

Quote Originally Posted by lgnsh_070362 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Just finished watching a ding dong tussle involving two of the world's best players in Speith and Dustin Johnson going head to head in the final round of the Northern Trust with DJ winning it courtesy of a play off hole. Roll on next weeks Fedex Cup play off tournament, even though my betting slips are in the bucket I thoroughly enjoyed watching a great tournament of golf.
    That final round was fantastic.

I'd taken DJ in play on Friday as he'd started to look more like his old self, and he didn't disappoint.

That was just brilliant to watch, two fantastic players going head to head.

It was interesting to see DJ's power come up against Speith's incredible putting.

I can't wait for next week.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    That final round was fantastic.

I'd taken DJ in play on Friday as he'd started to look more like his old self, and he didn't disappoint.

That was just brilliant to watch, two fantastic players going head to head.

It was interesting to see DJ's power come up against Speith's incredible putting.

I can't wait for next week.
    It was fantastic to watch. If I remember rightly DJ was around 14/1 before the off and I thought it would go to a big hitter so aside from my usual suspects i lump on like Casey and Kuch I decided to take Rory instead of DJ . It was a toss up between the two of them and I called it wrong, hey ho.

Still great to watch and looking forward to next week. Hope you spend the winnings wisely
    Last edited by Tornadoes70; 27-08-2017 at 10:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lgnsh_070362 View Post
    It was fantastic to watch. If I remember rightly DJ was around 14/1 before the off and I thought it would go to a big hitter so aside from my usual suspects i lump on like Casey and Kuch I decided to take Rory instead of DJ . It was a toss up between the two of them and I called it wrong, hey ho.

Still great to watch and looking forward to next week. Hope you spend the winnings wisely
    Nah, I'll fritter it all away next week, just like I usually do.

You can't beat a wee bet and a Sunday night in watching the golf.

@hibs.net private member BroxburnHibee's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CoolHibeesdaft PSN ID: Hibeesdaft
    It was superb. DJ's putt to make the play off was awesome then that 330 yard carry drive is insane hitting.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, vodka in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Smartie View Post
    Nah, I'll fritter it all away next week, just like I usually do.

You can't beat a wee bet and a Sunday night in watching the golf.

Absolutely. Its brilliant when you're bets are in with a shout going into the weekend. Love it. My favorite sport outwith football. Roll on next week.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by BroxburnHibee View Post
    It was superb. DJ's putt to make the play off was awesome then that 330 yard carry drive is insane hitting.
    I thought it was in the bag for Speith on the 18th, some pressure putt made by DJ. It made for a cracking final day as Spieth was four or five shots up at one stage.