hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Great news! Didn't expect SJM to get back in let alone Whitty. Delighted they both are.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    When' did we last have two players in the squad ?
    We have six in total that have pulled on the famous green top .
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Big Dave and Slivka to line up for Lithuania too?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's getting ****ing stupid here now. What ever happened to congratulating our players for getting called up? There's been plenty of other threads for the experts to explain why their particular target is crap, was there really any need to take this thread down that route as well?

Well done to both of them, having two Hibs players in the Scotland squad doesnt happen very often. Another sign that we are on the up.
    Yep, totally agree. Well done lads.

@hibs.net private member aljo7-0's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Well done lads
    Indeed - this is all that really needs to be said about it - in my humble opinion.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    It's getting ****ing stupid here now. What ever happened to congratulating our players for getting called up? There's been plenty of other threads for the experts to explain why their particular target is crap, was there really any need to take this thread down that route as well?

Well done to both of them, having two Hibs players in the Scotland squad doesnt happen very often. Another sign that we are on the up.
    Yep brilliant news both excellent players

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    Big Dave and Slivka to line up for Lithuania too?
    Hope they don't get injured either😄

Testimonial Due Stokesy's on fire's Avatar
    Whittaker is class defender we are lucky to have him. A well deserved call up for both of our players.

Quote Originally Posted by flash View Post
    Classy.
    Cheers mate ..... I prefer 'honest' though.

Whilst I don't think Whitty has shown enough for I ernational football, who else do we actually have in that position? Phil Bardsley is semi decent but has fallen out with Strachan I believe.

I think Tierney will play on the right with Robertson on the left so Whitty ain't likely to get a game anyways.

Got to say I'm stunned Whittaker got called up. Delighted for him though and will give him a boost which is only good for us.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar

'This is a thread about 2 players being called up, I'm not sure where someone can disagree with a player being called up other than this thread.
    Personally I'm delighted our players are receiving international recognition, we're going to have quite a few away this window, hopefully there's no injuries.

United we stand here....

I'm wondering if it is time to take a wee break from this site: the complete bed-wetting, over the top bollox posted at the weekend and now slagging off Hibs players who have made the Scotland squad. WTF! The abuse from some posters over the past few days has been a disgrace. Has Hibs.net been overrun by Jambos, or are people so emotionally unstable that they need to roast someone to make themselves seem important? Congratulations to the two lads. Terrible thing, envy.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by scoopyboy View Post
    I agree regarding David Gray, I would move Whittaker to the LHS and give Stevenson a wee rest.
    Extremely subtley put but I agree 100%. Lets see what Whittaker can do down that flank and hopefully stop teams targeting us down that side

Quote Originally Posted by Hibeewilly View Post
    Extremely subtley put but I agree 100%. Lets see what Whittaker can do down that flank and hopefully stop teams targeting us down that side
    Teams havent targeted us down Stevensons side for years, certainly wasnt our problem on Sat.

Quote Originally Posted by Wee Effen Bee View Post
    I'm wondering if it is time to take a wee break from this site: the complete bed-wetting, over the top bollox posted at the weekend and now slagging off Hibs players who have made the Scotland squad. WTF! The abuse from some posters over the past few days has been a disgrace. Has Hibs.net been overrun by Jambos, or are people so emotionally unstable that they need to roast someone to make themselves seem important? Congratulations to the two lads. Terrible thing, envy.
    I didn't really read the forum over the weekend so can't comment on that aspect but I have to say I don't see much abuse on this thread and I think it's OK for people to be surprised Whittaker is in the squad.

I am delighted we have Whittaker and love the swashbuckling way he plays but I have to admit to being a bit taken aback at his inclusion. I feel defending is still a major weakness for him (as it always has been TBH) and given his age and absence from previous squads, I'd assumed his international career was over. However, Strachan obviously feels he brings something positive to the squad and is happy to go back to him now he is getting regular football again. Fair enough and congratulations to him for that.

McGinn is an interesting one - Saturday aside, he has lifted his game to new levels recently and I think he is by no means out of place in that squad. It's obvious that he's going to be a regular in the first 11 before too long so it makes sense to have him in there while he continues to develop. However, if I was McGregor or Shinnie I would be a bit dumbfounded by being continually overlooked - perhaps Snodgrass is one who should be looking over his shoulder at this stage.

Congratulations also to our Lithuanian internationals - how refreshing and unusual to have four Hibs players called up for the one international fixture!

Quote Originally Posted by fh94 View Post
    How McGregor isn't in the squad is an absolute shambles. Hes been absolutely brilliant for the last 6 months
    Going by some posters on this I suppose he is to old.

Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    Absolutely. It's this sort of stuff that saw me give up watching Scotland years ago. Hibs player or not, Whittaker's not the way forward for Scotland at 33.

Strachan should have stepped down at the end of the last failed campaign. He surely must go once our failure to qualify this time round is confirmed.
    The old I gave up watching Scotland years ago because of..... Why do you give a **** if you "gave up years ago" pathetic though that your using a hibs player who has been selected to back up your supposed reason.

Left by mutual consent! Iggy Pope's Avatar
    We have an International break, **** we needed it last year and didn't get one.
    We've got this tiresome problem of a squad packed with internationals.
    When does this misery cease?

Coaching Staff
    I think it's tremendous we have four players in full squads, and especially for Whittaker it's a perfect boost. There's a couple of times he has 'switched off' in the 3 league games, but there have been times where his passing and awareness have been excellent. Until last weekend, SJM looked reinvigorated and played like a man possessed in a good way. Any international recognition is fantastic for the club as a whole. Well done to Vicky and Davy too