Rocky

Gray McGregor Hanlon Whittaker

Bartley

Boyle Slivka McGinn Barker

Murray

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He wont drop Ambrose....he should...but he wont.
    Agreed, rather poor IMO

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by underscore View Post
    He wont drop Ambrose....he should...but he wont.
    I get that feeling too. Was worried about this happening when he signed tbh....no player should be undroppable!

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by alihibs1 View Post
    Marciano

Gray
    Mcgregor
    Hanlon
    Stevenson

Bartley
    Mcginn
    Mcgeouch
    Slivka

Murray
    Stokes

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    nailed it. Ambrose not even on my bench as well

Although I admit I prefer a Hanlon-Mcgregor pairing why are people so certain that Ambrose should be dropped ahead of them?

Are we forgetting that McGregor was directly responsible for the first goal and Hanlon for the second? Ambrose may have looked dodgy but overall he probably had a better game vs Hamilton than the other two

Tbh wouldn't mind Fontaine being brought in for a game or two, not likely to happen but he has always been a solid, no bullsh*t kind of defender

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by 1van Sprou7e View Post
    Although I admit I prefer a Hanlon-Mcgregor pairing why are people so certain that Ambrose should be dropped ahead of them?

Are we forgetting that McGregor was directly responsible for the first goal and Hanlon for the second? Ambrose may have looked dodgy but overall he probably had a better game vs Hamilton than the other two

Tbh wouldn't mind Fontaine being brought in for a game or two, not likely to happen but he has always been a solid, no bullsh*t kind of defender
    I agree those two were directly responsible but the 2nd & 3rd goals started from his side, for the 2nd Hanlon had come over to cover Efe and only Lewis made any effort to get back and support him when the ball was played - it's no excuse, Hanlon should have put the ball out of play rather than trying to find a pass and is at fault for the goal, but if either Ambrose or Whittaker had attempted to get back it could potentially have given him another option. The 3rd also came down their side and imo Efe was so halfhearted in getting back to defend it's unreal, the ball was played directly between him & Whittaker leading to a goal for the 2nd time this season. I know it didn't matter in the end as it wasn't him who scored but there was a Hamilton player standing back post for a tap in and he just stood on the edge of the box watching him. Efe is a great defender if he sticks to defending, but in every game he's played this season he's come charging out to try something fancy and had the ball taken off him. I think Hanlon and McGregor are our most capable in a two but again I don't see Ambrose being dropped, I'd imagine it'll be Hanlon if we go 4 at the back, which is a shame as I thought he was our best defender up until he made the mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by Big L View Post
    Rocky

Gray McGregor Hanlon Whittaker

Bartley

Boyle Slivka McGinn Barker

Murray
    Pretty much this only thing I would change is Swanson for Barker