hibs.net Messageboard

Thread: McGregor

McGregor

Was he 100% fit yesterday?

Defending he was his usual solid self but distribution was terrible, he kept humping the ball up the park and really looked like he was either not fit or his mind was on something else.

Totally bizarre for Lennon to sub him aswell, which made me assume he wasn't 100% fit. Efe or Lewis were the obvious candidates to be sacrificed to make an attack minded change.

This isn't having a go at McGregor, he's my favourite player, he just didn't look himself yesterday although none of the team scored more than 3/10 in my opinion.

2. Log in to remove the advert

He made a rash tackle to give away the penalty, not the first time as a hibs player either. He cant have any complaints about being subbed.

I thought he was outstanding in his first season but he's starting to frustrate me these days. He's the best we've got at winning headers, putting in blocks and shrugging folk off the ball. But he dives in needlessly far to much and his distribution is poor. It's not a knee jerk reaction either I've been saying this since last season.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    I think he tries to live up to his Hibs Hero label too often

Was no where near as bad as Ambrose in my opinion yesterday. The sooner Ambrose realises he's not playing at Barcelona the better. He will cost us a few goals with his dribbling from the back.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    I did wonder if he wasn't 100% too.

When he was subbed he went straight up the tunnel, maybe to get treatment or maybe just in the huff!

I personally thought Hanlon had a shocker out of the defence yesterday and Lewis was the only player in the team to get pass marks.

No one in the defence git pass marks today,very edgey all afternoon and no tempo throughout the team

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    Quote Originally Posted by Gmack7 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No one in the defence git pass marks today,very edgey all afternoon and no tempo throughout the team
    Ambrose dawdled on the ball constantly, McGregor gave away a silly penalty and then lost his head, Hanlon did well in the first half but his mistake killed the game for us when he gifted them a second goal. Whittaker made one good tackle that i remember but other than that was dreadful, his passing and crossing was really really poor the whole game. Stevenson was caught out of position a lot because of us relying on him to get forward and provide our width.

Marciano was my MOTM, he stopped it being an even more embarrasing scoreline.

Quote Originally Posted by samcrowe View Post
    I thought he was outstanding in his first season but he's starting to frustrate me these days. He's the best we've got at winning headers, putting in blocks and shrugging folk off the ball. But he dives in needlessly far to much and his distribution is poor. It's not a knee jerk reaction either I've been saying this since last season.
    That's why 'The Rangers' got rid of him

Its nigh on impossible to be fit if you hardly train.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brooster View Post
    Through injuries?

@hibs.net private member
    Quite curious about this statement - is Darren carrying an injury that prevents him training?

Im assuming you are implying by this that Darren doesn't train. Absolute drivel.

Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    Quite curious about this statement - is Darren carrying an injury that prevents him training?
    No.

Quote Originally Posted by neil7908 View Post
    Yes.

Testimonial Due
    All this chatter about him is way over the top, last season he was one of our best players, he has one bad game and its crisis???

Every team or players has an off day, yesterday was particularly bad as our whole defence had an off day.

If we continue to have off days then there is a problem, but one game, it happens!!!

Yes.
    No doubt another ITK poster here who undoubtedly has "sources". I'm not in the know but I've known Darren since I was 13 and I can assure everyone that Darren does train as much as the rest of the squad. He has had an issue with one of his knees for a while that hinders him at times but to suggest he hardly trains is absolute drivel and should be called out when nonsense like it is posted.

Darren was head and shoulders above anyone week in week out last season. SJM only won the league player of the year cause he's the poster boy for hibs imo

He is exactly what this current hibs side stands for.

Best defender at the club. Even Darren is allowed an off game.

@hibs.net private member FitbaFolkKen's Avatar
    I thought he looked like the kid that forgot his football boots and had to play in his school shoes yesterday. Really uncomfortable on the ball and clumsy in general.

Sure it's a one off and he'll be back on it next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First Team Breakthrough
    Quote Originally Posted by Half Pint View Post
    Behave yourself

McGregor was Hibs best player last season by a mile. He has never been able to pass the ball though, that is why we have Hanlon and Ambrose. They were all rubbish yesterday, they wont be next week

Mcgregor

Quote Originally Posted by Half Pint View Post
    Absolute drivel, one game doesn't make a summer, it's a bad day at the office get over it.

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: wilson1875
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    Was no where near as bad as Ambrose in my opinion yesterday. The sooner Ambrose realises he's not playing at Barcelona the better. He will cost us a few goals with his dribbling from the back.
    spot on mate the guys confused. He reads the game well but his dribbling nonsense needs to stop surely lenny has told him this previously cause he done the same nonsense at celtic aswell. A Ken folk like him but he is a massive liability. I've no felt that on edge since the days of andy mcneil and Chris hogg 😂