Thread: Stokes

Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    anyone prove me wrong?

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: wilson1875
    Stokes just needs game time. He was back to his best before he went to Blackburn then he Sat on the bench for a season. He's an outstanding talent. Our worry shouldn't be stokes it should be that bang average back four.

Quote Originally Posted by TelaStella View Post
    Big let down for me today, just looked too lazy and as if he was carrying a sore one from last night. How f****** deep was he wondering into our half as well? Never where he should have been and left Murray struggling on his own upfront. I am however a big stokes fan and have no doubt his time will come this season, not good enough today though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm convinced the OP is a wind up but please don't try and shift some blame for Simon Murrays performance onto Stokes' shoulders. Murray was inefective, just as he was against Ross County and you can't really blame anyone else for that (except for our manager, who might bite the bullet and play someone else depending on the opposition).

All this wandering is actually the sign of an intelligent, proactive player. Yesterday he was looking for solutions and trying to get things going because it wasn't working and nobody else was doing it...even those who play crap and don't do their jobs properly yet have no aspersions cast upon them.

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    If he's not ill happily take it back and apologise to him. There is opinions and there is dropping ***** like that as a thread and not coming back onto it.

Where are these folk when hibs or Stokes are doing well? Sorry just find it very odd if I'm honest.
    Certainly not a Jambo. Stokes need to remember he's not going to be playing in Scottish cup finals against rangers every week. His overall play since coming back has been poor. Had a decent game against a league 1 side. Was rubbish last week at Ibrox and should've seen red at least once. Yesterday he simply didn't fancy it.

If he is going to be a success this time round he needs to realise he's being paid a lot of cash to be our main man. Less of the billy big time attitude and knuckle down and do the dirty stuff when it's not going our way. Simple as that. If he doesn't he's as well sitting in the house imo.

Quote Originally Posted by GoalsMcGinley View Post
    Can someone tell me what he brings to the table? P*** poor last week at ibrox, anonymous today. Granted he scored but he was rotten!!

He's played two games in a year and a half.... get a ****ing grip.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    I'm convinced the OP is a wind up but please don't try and shift some blame for Simon Murrays performance onto Stokes' shoulders. Murray was inefective, just as he was against Ross County and you can't really blame anyone else for that (except for our manager, who might bite the bullet and play someone else depending on the opposition).

All this wandering is actually the sign of an intelligent, proactive player. Yesterday he was looking for solutions and trying to get things going because it wasn't working and nobody else was doing it...even those who play crap and don't do their jobs properly yet have no aspersions cast upon them.
    Murray was ineffective because we didn't stretch the game or get it wide. Stokes playing too deep played a role in that being the case.

It wasn't just a case of trying to make something happen. It's just how he plays now.

Whether that's going to help or hinder the way we play in the long run remains to be seen.

Certainly not a Jambo. Stokes need to remember he's not going to be playing in Scottish cup finals against rangers every week. His overall play since coming back has been poor. Had a decent game against a league 1 side. Was rubbish last week at Ibrox and should've seen red at least once. Yesterday he simply didn't fancy it.

If he is going to be a success this time round he needs to realise he's being paid a lot of cash to be our main man. Less of the billy big time attitude and knuckle down and do the dirty stuff when it's not going our way. Simple as that. If he doesn't he's as well sitting in the house imo.

Would you care to give an opinion on the other 13 players who imho were just as bad or worse than Stokes or is it lets just find a scapegoat thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    Would you care to give an opinion on the other 13 players who imho were just as bad or worse than Stokes or is it lets just find a scapegoat thread.
    None of the players used yesterday get pass marks. Not a single one.

Looks like you can't criticise stokes coz he scored 2 in the cup final.

Yes you can but why single him out when you could pick all fourteen? No individual lost us that game it was simply a DIRE performance from the Manager right through the whole team.

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Why can you no criticise a hibs player on here without getting called a jambo 😂

Quote Originally Posted by SeanWilson View Post
    He's played two games in a year and a half.... get a ****ing grip.
    He played 14 times for Blackburn last season. Where are you getting he has he played 2 games in 18 months??
    Last edited by Since90+2; 20-08-2017 at 09:11 AM.

@hibs.net private member Callum_62's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Wii Code: 0083-4364-6418-4974
    Dear lord this place is mental.

You are being way to harsh. Many game has he played and for what it's worth I wasn't great last week but wasn't rotten against The Rangers. We have just started our season and Lennon knows exactly what we need to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post

Honestly it is mate your bang on. Nothing at all wrong with picking things from games but look at some comments. He's *****, and he's *****. Sorry but away to **** if you are coming out with that you are no Hibs fan and are clearly on the wind up. We all lose it now and then but not like what I'm reading this morning or last night.

Hibs do have a very good side the players didn't perform which happens and will it happen again? Yes prob will. It's about how we go about the next games. Lennon has built a good side well worthy of doing well so some on here need to stop slapping the **** out the panic button after one loss.

@hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Hearts fans would love to have Stokes. Don't let them kid you on .
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

Quote Originally Posted by Hfcwilson3192 View Post
    You can, its the manner in how it's done. Loads of folk have pointed out a lot of good points that have been discussed. You think coming on telling everyman and their dog that Stokes is ***** aye? Pretty sure he's not ***** along with big Daz, Hanlon etc. Have a wee look at these posters again.

Folk imo are looking for a "I told you so" in reference to his performances last time round.

Stokesy is an excellent player that hasn't pled a lot of games in the last year. To expect him to just turn up and score a hat trick every game is fantasy. When it's not going well, he's a player that can look disinterested but that's the gamble you take with him. If he was top of his game every week, he'd have cut it down south.

We need to take the rough with the smooth but imo he'll be the top striker we want him to be.

A loss tends to bring out the utmost negativity. Chill, it's one bad game. We've got Dundee and an international break coming up. Good timing to get fitness and sharpness back. Sept will be a good month for him

Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    Hearts fans would love to have Stokes. Don't let them kid you on .
    Better believe it.

@hibs.net private member
    You can - plenty have on various threads. When you go into full "he's never a player" mode after 1 poor game though you're likely to be ridiculed.

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar

Correct:) But the guy scored our only goal getting slated when he has only played three games in a year .
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

It's hard not to like any of the players that played in the famous Scottish cup win and although I can appreciate that stokes is a good player, I dislike him as a person.

He fitted in at Celtic due to his and his families allegiance to the IRA but I'd rather that was well away from Hibs.

He was also at whynot in George Street until 5am this morning. It doesn't sit right with me that a player could go out on a night after a really poor defeat. Plus if he was drinking until 5am, no one can
    Seriously believe he'll be 100% at training on Monday.

It's not a new thing, his last spell at Hibs he was wonderful in the final but barely tried a leg in the other games.

He can be a good player on his day but he's not worth the baggage imo...wish we went for stevie may.

Good god,

I've read some crazy posts on here in the past few days but this tops the lot,

Stokes spent the whole game yesterday attempting to come deep for the ball because he was getting absolutely no service up top, the blame for that lies with the midfield and the full backs not getting the correct service up top,

Once again, as with his last spell with us, Stokes is going to turn into a scapegoat any game that he doesn't reproduce his Hampden performance,

Quote Originally Posted by Callum_62 View Post

It certainly is. The head long rush from some to stick the boot in to our own players says more about them than the target of their 'expertise.'
    Last edited by marinello59; 20-08-2017 at 05:16 PM.
    Every gimmick hungry yob,
    Digging gold from rock and roll
    Grabs the mic to tell us,
    He'll die before he's sold.

Left by mutual consent!
    Can someone tell me what he brings to the table? P*** poor last week at ibrox, anonymous today. Granted he scored but he was rotten!!

Extreme smell of jobbies from you sir, toddle off back to Kickback you Hearts ****.

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by marinello59 View Post
    It certainly is. The head long rush from some to stick the boot in to our own players says more about them than the target of their 'expertise.'
    nah no agreeing with this you should be able to comment on anyone who puts on our colours we pay their wages that being said it should be on here and only on here.

Quote Originally Posted by Higgo View Post
    Extreme smell of jobbies from you sir, toddle off back to Kickback you Hearts ****.
    As stated previously not Jambo but if it make you feel better to think I am crack on

Quote Originally Posted by Stubbsy2016 View Post
    It's hard not to like any of the players that played in the famous Scottish cup win and although I can appreciate that stokes is a good player, I dislike him as a person.

He fitted in at Celtic due to his and his families allegiance to the IRA but I'd rather that was well away from Hibs.

He was also at whynot in George Street until 5am this morning. It doesn't sit right with me that a player could go out on a night after a really poor defeat. Plus if he was drinking until 5am, no one can
    Seriously believe he'll be 100% at training on Monday.

It's not a new thing, his last spell at Hibs he was wonderful in the final but barely tried a leg in the other games.

He can be a good player on his day but he's not worth the baggage imo...wish we went for stevie may.
    Anthony fitted in at Celtic because he was a good striker and creator for others.
    His link up play with Gary Hooper was superb.
    Anthony laid on Hoopers two goals against us in the 2013 Cup Final
    He played a blinder that afternoon (sadly for us)

I am confident Anthony will do well for Hibernian this season.

As for him going to the pub on a Saturday night
    That is not unusual for most players who like a drink
    Would you prefer he sat at home moping!

Celtic disciplined Anthony for attending a benefit event for a deceased IRA man.
    Someone he grew up with in Dublin.
    Last edited by Mick O'Rourke; 20-08-2017 at 05:55 PM.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Loads of folk have criticised players on here, today, yesterday, and countless times before without being called jambos.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Quote Originally Posted by Mick O'Rourke View Post
    Anthony fitted in at Celtic because he was a good striker and creator for others.
    His link up play with Gary Hooper was superb.
    Anthony laid on Hoopers two goals against us in the 2013 Cup Final
    He played a blinder that afternoon (sadly for us)

I am confident Anthony will do well for Hibernian this season.

As for him going to the pub on a Saturday night
    That is not unusual for most players who like a drink
    Would you prefer he sat at home moping!

Celtic disciplined Anthony for attending a benefit event for a deceased IRA man.
    Someone he grew up with in Dublin.
    That's the thing though mate he never went to the pub, he was in a nightclub partying until 5am. I wouldn't have an issue with him going for a quiet drink in a pub if he wanted to go out or a restaurant. The biggest issue for me is that he is not a young man anymore and I know from experience that if he has an all night drinking session on the Saturday night that he won't be in good condition to train on the Monday.

I'll leave the IRA stuff to another day I just think it's baggage we could do without.

Loads of folk have criticised players on here, today

Indeed,it was very much a lacklustre performance yesterday.
    I cannot single any one player out,though
    So many did not play well
    I found it puzzling as to why, after two recent fine performances including a real battle last week.

However,reading through the multiple threads on yesterdays performance,i fancy more than one fifth columnist has infiltrated

I suspect a few members here have accounts on the "not so noisy neighbours" forum.
    Last edited by Mick O'Rourke; 20-08-2017 at 06:19 PM.