hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Stokes

First Team Breakthrough BarneyHibby's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Delighted we signed Stokes. Top striker by Scottish football standards who would walk into any other top-fight team bar Celtic.

Some daft stuff on here, mostly from desperate yams mind you.

He's done just fine so far and will only get better once up to full fitness.
    Totally agree with you

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Breakthrough BigT-Hibeez's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibeez68
    Everyone needs tae calm doon!!! These are the kind of threads on the Yams forums that folk post links to on here, laughing at them as they go into self-destruct..!!

Can someone pass the popcorn please.

Quote Originally Posted by ismisebigo View Post
    Saying Sorry just is not good enough , Do you really think you can get away with saying things like this? What are you trying to do get Anthony in more hassle with the half of Scotland that hates him with a vengeance? Also on a pure footballing note from your comments you know nothing about football. To me you are just bringing all this **** about Anthony to get people wound up against him , But I swear to you it will not work
    Change your avatar FFS. Plenty of pics out there of Anthony not in a ducking Celtic jersey.

Stokes Is a player.

Hibs are still a good team.

We will bounce back.

Oh... and Hearts are still an absolute gang so to any of them on here or looking in we are still MILES ahead on and off the park.

I'm out!

Quote Originally Posted by Stubbsy2016 View Post
    Seriously mate calm down.

All this built up anger isn't good for your health.

If what I said was wrong...I'm sorry. I was passed on info from a mate who was out last night.

There's nothing else that can be said.
    listen to me, you have no idea about the **** that went on over the last few years with Anthony and most of it started by Roumers , My mate said this or that , what you have to understand it some journalists are constantly spreading false information about Anthony and Lennon and by you or anyone else posting information that you do not know to be true feeds these f...kers
    let this be a lesson to all hibs fans . never ever belief what you read or hear from your mate down the pub.

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    Change your avatar FFS. Plenty of pics out there of Anthony not in a ducking Celtic jersey.
    Ok point taken , just a simple mistake will change it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Stokes Is a player.

Hibs are still a good team.

We will bounce back.

Oh... and Hearts are still an absolute gang so to any of them on here or looking in we are still MILES ahead on and off the park.

I'm out!

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    I really cannot believe the pure lies and absolute ***** that has been written here today. its very clear that some on here are just Stokes haters or not hibs supporters. To the person who wrote this below , I say to you you are a LIAR, Anthony was not in any night club until 5am or anytime last night . and by the way what IRA connections has Anthony got?? feel free to mail me I would love to know where you get your information, We had enough of this with Celtic I prey to god its not all happening again with this Club. Criticize Stokes all you like for his football but to make up lies about his personal life on a public fourm is going too far and should and will be stopped.

its hard not to like any of the players that played in the famous Scottish cup win and although I can appreciate that stokes is a good player, I dislike him as a person.

He fitted in at Celtic due to his and his families allegiance to the IRA but I'd rather that was well away from Hibs.

He was also at whynot in George Street until 5am this morning. It doesn't sit right with me that a player could go out on a night after a really poor defeat. Plus if he was drinking until 5am, no one can
    Seriously believe he'll be 100% at training on Monday.

It's not a new thing, his last spell at Hibs he was wonderful in the final but barely tried a leg in the other games.

He can be a good player on his day but he's not worth the baggage imo...wish we went for stevie may.
    Yeah flump. I suppose schools outside Lothian have still to go back... not long to wait.
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

listen to me, you have no idea about the **** that went on over the last few years with Anthony and most of it started by Roumers , My mate said this or that , what you have to understand it some journalists are constantly spreading false information about Anthony and Lennon and by you or anyone else posting information that you do not know to be true feeds these f...kers
    let this be a lesson to all hibs fans . never ever belief what you read or hear from your mate down the pub.
    Point taken.

If journos are reading...stokes was in his scratcher at 9pm last night watching the 2016 cup final.

Quote Originally Posted by DH1875 View Post
    Agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Can someone pass the popcorn please.
    😁

I think you may be taken a lot of this to heart. As for the papers if a story appears that Stokes could prove was false he could sue them. If Stokes wants to hit the town on a sat night doesn't bother me or prob the majority of us Hibs fans. There is more to life than footballers going on the lash. Met Stokes a couple of times through someone on here actually and I get the impression he couldn't care less what folk on a board or down a pub say about him. There will always be rumours sadly but they are just that.

@hibs.net private member One Day Soon's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: 4 PSN ID: 6 Wii Code: 5
    There's a touch of the "that piece of Halibut was good enough for Jehovah" about this thread.

Oh and Yammery.

First Team Breakthrough BarneyHibby's Avatar
    I think some people need to chill out. We lost. But it's only one game. We'll come back stronger next week against Dundee Stokes is absolute quality player. He just needs a little more time to improve.

Quote Originally Posted by Libby Hibby View Post
    Well, you're no Hibby
    Dear God

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member surreyhibbie's Avatar
    This thread stinks of yam.
    Alcohol IS the answer, but I forget the question...

Really don't know how many more times I can say it before people get it. I'm not a Jambo. Never have been and never will be. If I'd started a thread stating how bad Lewis Stevenson had been 99% of people would've jumped all over it to agree and give him pelters. We're not allowed to criticise Anthony. I get I now. Apologies.

PS - feel free to close the thread.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Does Stokes not have three goals in three games for us already?

Even if the guy never scored another goal for us he'll always be a hero to me for tucking the Rangers away in the Cup Final.

I love Stokesy, delighted he's back and I'm sure he'll do well for us.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member Gerard's Avatar
    IMO A Stokes will score the goals we need to finish in the top four of the SPL and perhaps we a Cup. What he does in his spare time as long as it is legal is of no concern to me and I suspect the majority of the Hibs fans.

Quote Originally Posted by GoalsMcGinley View Post
    Really don't know how many more times I can say it before people get it. I'm not a Jambo. Never have been and never will be. If I'd started a thread stating how bad Lewis Stevenson had been 99% of people would've jumped all over it to agree and give him pelters. We're not allowed to criticise Anthony. I get I now. Apologies.

Give it a rest, you can criticise who you like, at least make it constructive. As for being a Hibby maybe you are, doesn't sound it but we are all different I suppose.

This thread has fair given me a laugh after a tough 2 or 3 days. Thanks to all.

Saying Sorry just is not good enough , Do you really think you can get away with saying things like this? What are you trying to do get Anthony in more hassle with the half of Scotland that hates him with a vengeance? Also on a pure footballing note from your comments you know nothing about football. To me you are just bringing all this **** about Anthony to get people wound up against him , But I swear to you it will not work
    Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    Delighted we signed Stokes. Top striker by Scottish football standards who would walk into any other top-fight team bar Celtic.

Some daft stuff on here, mostly from desperate yams mind you.

He's done just fine so far and will only get better once up to full fitness.

Can't believe no one has mentioned his warm up! How was it? He's got goals and he'll get more. Delighted he's in a Hibs shirt!

Left by mutual consent!
    Stokesys a living legend. He could have got more money going to other clubs but nah, he chose us. To say he doesn't give a ***** is a load of crap, the effort and application is there. His footballing brain is ahead of many in the squad though. Sadly, people think he should one man team it every week.

Finally, stokes could enter Easter Road collie buckling bobby sands eating a chicken supper and he would still be an absolute hero. People having a dig and making up **** have to have a word with themselves.

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stubbsy2016 View Post
    I apologise if anything I've said is inaccurate. I may have been fed false info.

I'm just raging about yesterday and generally not a huge stokes fan.
    I also think you're generally not a huge Hibs fan. Fud.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

Wow, 4 pages of car crash posting about Stokes.

I said my piece on another thread that the whole team were rank, I chose not to single anyone out because the 10 outfield players to a man were rotten on Saturday, Stokes is a very good player and will come good, he's miles behind the rest of the guys in terms of match fitness but once up to speed he'll score goals for us that's for sure.