hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Stokes

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick O'Rourke View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Think this thread is infected with the low post Jambo virus Mick.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Frazerbob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GoalsMcGinley View Post
    PS - feel free to close the thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You do realise that, as the OP, you can delete the thread. Probably a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    You do realise that, as the OP, you can delete the thread. Probably a good idea.
    Being a Jambo he won't know who to do that. 👀

Quote Originally Posted by Frazerbob View Post
    Indeed, it may be a good idea.
    This thread has certainly stoked the fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Honestly it is mate your bang on. Nothing at all wrong with picking things from games but look at some comments. He's *****, and he's *****. Sorry but away to **** if you are coming out with that you are no Hibs fan and are clearly on the wind up. We all lose it now and then but not like what I'm reading this morning or last night.

Hibs do have a very good side the players didn't perform which happens and will it happen again? Yes prob will. It's about how we go about the next games. Lennon has built a good side well worthy of doing well so some on here need to stop slapping the **** out the panic button after one loss.
    Been off here since Sat night couldn't hack it tbh
    ..never witnessed such an overreaction to a defeat...yes we were inept but as I've just said on another thread we ain't Celtic and ain't going to go a whole season undefeated. Some people need to check their expectations. If we get top 4 this season it would be a fantastic achievement after 3 years downstairs. And I'm pretty confident we will be there or thereabouts. But the individuals being singled out for Sat performance is wrong...the whole team to a man bar Rocky never showed up...hopefully that's the off day out the way for a wee while.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Borderhibbie76 View Post
    Been off here since Sat night couldn't hack it tbh
    ..never witnessed such an overreaction to a defeat...yes we were inept but as I've just said on another thread we ain't Celtic and ain't going to go a whole season undefeated. Some people need to check their expectations. If we get top 4 this season it would be a fantastic achievement after 3 years downstairs. And I'm pretty confident we will be there or thereabouts. But the individuals being singled out for Sat performance is wrong...the whole team to a man bar Rocky never showed up...hopefully that's the off day out the way for a wee while.

Good post and completely agree with all this. 👍🏼

Quote Originally Posted by Stubbsy2016 View Post
    It's hard not to like any of the players that played in the famous Scottish cup win and although I can appreciate that stokes is a good player, I dislike him as a person.

He fitted in at Celtic due to his and his families allegiance to the IRA but I'd rather that was well away from Hibs.

He was also at whynot in George Street until 5am this morning. It doesn't sit right with me that a player could go out on a night after a really poor defeat. Plus if he was drinking until 5am, no one can
    Seriously believe he'll be 100% at training on Monday.

It's not a new thing, his last spell at Hibs he was wonderful in the final but barely tried a leg in the other games.

He can be a good player on his day but he's not worth the baggage imo...wish we went for stevie may.

Didnt think there could be a worse post than the OP so well done for topping it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hfcwilson3192 View Post
    nah no agreeing with this you should be able to comment on anyone who puts on our colours we pay their wages that being said it should be on here and only on here.

Comment away... But be prepared to be called out and questioned when that comment has zero substance and isn't backed up with evidence and credibility. "[insert players name here] is *****" is gonna get questioned.

Quote Originally Posted by GoalsMcGinley View Post
    As stated previously not Jambo but if it make you feel better to think I am crack on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You may claim not to be a Yam, but you sure as hell sound like one.

Quote Originally Posted by Stubbsy2016 View Post
    It's hard not to like any of the players that played in the famous Scottish cup win and although I can appreciate that stokes is a good player, I dislike him as a person.

He was also at whynot in George Street until 5am this morning. It doesn't sit right with me that a player could go out on a night after a really poor defeat. Plus if he was drinking until 5am, no one can
    Seriously believe he'll be 100% at training on Monday.
    This is yet another post that simply reeks of it.

The first bit in bold - that says it all.

The second bit in bold - you claim Stokes was in a night club until 5am on Sunday morning, yet Hibs players were in for training on Sunday morning as far as I'm aware (not Monday as you mention).

Quote Originally Posted by emerald green View Post
    This is yet another post that simply reeks of it.

The first bit in bold - that says it all.

The second bit in bold - you claim Stokes was in a night club until 5am on Sunday morning, yet Hibs players were in for training on Sunday morning as far as I'm aware (not Monday as you mention).
    Can you imagine how hard a shift that would be. If I was on drinking until 5am and then was expected to turn up for work on a sunday morning, I am sure I would be claiming that I was needed at Mass and would have to be excused work.

Quote Originally Posted by Vini1875 View Post
    Can you imagine how hard a shift that would be. If I was on drinking until 5am and then was expected to turn up for work on a sunday morning, I am sure I would be claiming that I was needed at Mass and would have to be excused work.
    I'd be spewing my guts up at training mate if I'd been out drinking until 5am that same morning.

@hibs.net private member Bostonhibby's Avatar
    Imagine how pissed Cole (the open goal) Stockton must have been before that showing against dunfermline. Probably got a taxi straight from George Street to the wongadome, only way to explain it.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

"I did not need any persuasion to play for such a great club, the Hibs result is still one of the first I look for"

Sir Matt Busby

Quote Originally Posted by Vini1875 View Post
    This sounds a bit like George Best and Jean Pierre Rives in 1979. Best missed a league match against Ayr Utd the next day, I doubt Stokesy would have lasted the night back in the day. Lightweight.

@hibs.net private member Mibbes Aye's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matty_f View Post
    Does Stokes not have three goals in three games for us already?

Even if the guy never scored another goal for us he'll always be a hero to me for tucking the Rangers away in the Cup Final.

I love Stokesy, delighted he's back and I'm sure he'll do well for us.

Stokes is a goalscorer, pure and simple. He's lacking a bit of match fitness but will pick that up.

Even despite not being fit, he's still putting the ball in the net.

Looking forward to him developing his understanding with Murray.

Also think we will get results from him and Big Dave. Dave looks clever and I can see him feeding Stokesie.
    There's only one thing better than a Hibs calendar and that's two Hibs calendars

Father Stokes.

Genius.

Just brilliant 😀

Quote Originally Posted by Mibbes Aye View Post

Stokes is a goalscorer, pure and simple. He's lacking a bit of match fitness but will pick that up.

Even despite not being fit, he's still putting the ball in the net.

Looking forward to him developing his understanding with Murray.

Also think we will get results from him and Big Dave. Dave looks clever and I can see him feeding Stokesie.
    I think you've missed the central point of this thread, which is after a sniff of the barmaids apron Anthony loses all self control. He simply can't handle his Ale. Malary Martin, on the other hand...

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by hibsbollah View Post
    I think you've missed the central point of this thread, which is after a sniff of the barmaids apron Anthony loses all self control. He simply can't handle his Ale. Malary Martin, on the other hand...
    That's 'dead ball expert' Malary Martin to give him his full name.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

Stokes = Living Legend beyond reproach.

End of.

I have to admit I have stayed away since the final whistle on Saturday because I had an idea this place would end up like a train wreck and boy o boy it hasn't disappointed.

So we are now crap and Stokes is a waste of a wage because he's a lazy ******* that doesn't do anything and he's a not a team and likes to be out on the piss up Embra until 5 in the moron ting on a school nite. Have I missed anything.

Dear o dear. What a lot of crap. Why make things up!

He's better than Lafferty and co!

On his game close to being one of the best players in the Scottish Premier League and let's not forget he chose us. Yes us and signed for a lot less money than he could have made elsewhere!

This place is infested!

Testimonial Due
    As others have said, i have stayed away from this place since saturday to let it all settle down. As most others see it, it was a wake up call but nothing less. Like everyone except celtic we will drop points over the course of the season. It just way it is. We will come good though.

Was astounded to see a thread about Stokes though. Unbelievable, this place was in meltdown all summer about not signing a striker etc and the guy hits 3 goals in 3 games soo far, albeit a consolation at end there and people are having a pop. He isn't even properly fully fit !

Some people won't be happy until we have guys like Rowan Vine playing upfront again!

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post
    I have to admit I have stayed away since the final whistle on Saturday because I had an idea this place would end up like a train wreck and boy o boy it hasn't disappointed.

So we are now crap and Stokes is a waste of a wage because he's a lazy ******* that doesn't do anything and he's a not a team and likes to be out on the piss up Embra until 5 in the moron ting on a school nite. Have I missed anything.

On his game close to being one of the best players in the Scottish Premier League and let's not forget he chose us. Yes us and signed for a lot less money than he could have made elsewhere!

This place is infested!
    I've suggested this on another thread. I also questioned whether I needed a wee break from here as I was appalled at the garbage being posted since Saturday. Anyway, maybe it would be easier if someone just posted the current, 'cannae kick a ba', wage thieves' list so I know who in advance is being slagged off.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldo View Post

This place is infested!
    Aldo...ur bang on the money mate...i also stayed clear till Monday night...this place was/is infested at moment