hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Stokes

Stokes

Can someone tell me what he brings to the table? P*** poor last week at ibrox, anonymous today. Granted he scored but he was rotten!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by GoalsMcGinley View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can someone tell me what he brings to the table? P*** poor last week at ibrox, anonymous today. Granted he scored but he was rotten!!

IMO he brings goals however this will not be proved right or wrong until a lot of games have been played.

@hibs.net private member scoopyboy's Avatar

Goals

Aye ok then.....

Well he has 3 goals in 4 games, doesn't take a genius to work out what he brings. The whole team were rotten, at least he scored his chance. If Murray does the same we are 2-0 at half time.

Left by mutual consent!

If the defence had stood up strong today, you'd be giving him a well done for the goal. He's similar to Cummings, he brings goals if little else.

I thought he was the biggest disappointment of them all today.

Stokes took some undeserved flak the last time he was with us for his work rate - he wasn't fit when he arrived but very soon he was one of our most hardworking players.

He didn't fancy it today. His body language was all wrong.

I wouldn't have wanted to have faced Neil Lennon after the game if I were in his shoes.

Still, he got a goal, and there's no doubt he's a superb player.

And for all I think he was probably our poorest player, he wasn't that much worse than the rest of them.

It was like the old days when people used to shout at Stokes. If he doesn't get a wake-up call it'll start happening again.

The way I see it, Stokes can on his day be one of the best players in the league (including Celtic). When and how he brings that to the table is beyond my ken, but he isnt ever going to be Mr Consistent. Thats just Stokes. I trust Lennon can make the call as to when and how he plays. When he has it, he wins Cups.. Delighted he is with us.

Scottish cups.

Coaching Staff
    Plays a bit deep. We've had recent joy from stretching the game and getting it into Murray from wide positions.

Certainly today Stokes and Swanson coming deep and central limited us a bit in attack.

Would much prefer seeing him stay up the pitch.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    He plays too deep for one thing. If he isn't getting service he drifts wide and he's a centre forward not a winger. Lennon should be putting cones out at training this week the width of the penalty box and if he strays from them he receives a kick in the stones.

He isn't messi, he doesn't have the pace to take people on but if he gets the ball to feet in the box he can make things happen.

Left by mutual consent!
    Should've been hooked instead of Swanson for Dave much earlier in the half.

Blog Entries
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: franck sauzee
    Quote Originally Posted by Haymaker View Post
    Scottish cups.
    Follow the Hibs podcast, Longbangers, on Twitter (@longbangers)
    https://longbangers.hubwave.net

@hibs.net private member
    I wasnt too impressed with him but I think we have to remember how little football he's played in the last year or so. Plus the fact he hasn't had a real pre season.

That's not excuse but no question in my mind that he'll get better.

Some.of the posts on here 2nite are just a bit laughable...i can't work out if it's hysteria from Hibs fans at a setback or undercover Yams

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Dalianwanda's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So a goal in two games and hes already admitted he's gaining match fitness....So what he will bring is goals, like one today...

@hibs.net private member
    I wasn't overly fussed with him signing but he has started better than I thought he would. Generally speaking I'm not keen on players who are on the way down from the height of their careers. It can certainly work but often they end up looking like a shadow of their former selves particularly in the less important games. He looked completely disinterested today but he wasn't the only one. Even the Duracell bunny that is Simon Murray didn't put his usual shift in. Time will tell if Stokes will be a good signing and I hope I am completely wrong and we get Cup Final Stokesy more than today's version.

Professional thread starter Diclonius's Avatar
    Four games.

Think he`s still a bit off full fitness but even so he got goal a couple of minutes after forcing a good save by their goalie. Most times he touched the ball something happened . Hopefully he`ll make more impact in the future , perhaps playing up front with another striker yet to be signed .

LoL last season all that mattered was Jasons goals, now Stomes scores but be brings nothing Stokes is a very good player wbo is short on game time and got no support from anyone in green today. Everyone was poor no point in singling out any player. Just unacceptable all round.

You are a Jambo. The guys only played couple of games ffs. Who about the through ball other week for Murray? Split whole defence. Anyway no idea why I'm even explaining this to a Hearts fan.

Also notice you start the thread then vanish 🤔

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    You are a Jambo. The guys only played couple of games ffs. Who about the through ball other week for Murray? Split whole defence. Anyway no idea why I'm even explaining this to a Hearts fan.
    Bit unfair to call the guy a Jambo ? He's giving his opinion.

Stokes will bring a lot more than goals IMHO and he will help Murray. I think there is the beginning of a good partnership there. A lot of knee jerk stuff going on tonight just as we got carried away after beating the huns. We will have days like today and we will have days like last week. With Stokes in the team we are more likely to have more good days than bad.

Quote Originally Posted by stoneyburn hibs View Post
    Bit unfair to call the guy a Jambo ? He's giving his opinion.
    If he's not ill happily take it back and apologise to him. There is opinions and there is dropping ***** like that as a thread and not coming back onto it.

Where are these folk when hibs or Stokes are doing well? Sorry just find it very odd if I'm honest.

Get where you're coming from mate, benefit of the doubt though eh.

Testimonial Due Stokesy's on fire's Avatar
    Stokes is quality

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    This.

The same jambos slating Swanson IMO.

Big let down for me today, just looked too lazy and as if he was carrying a sore one from last night. How f****** deep was he wondering into our half as well? Never where he should have been and left Murray struggling on his own upfront. I am however a big stokes fan and have no doubt his time will come this season, not good enough today though.