hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by 1van Sprou7e View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Take a look at how many seats are still available in the singing section for tomorrow

https://www.eticketing.co.uk/hiberni...x?itemref=4059

If there aren't many people sitting their tomorrow then we should probably just move it back to the east

The Singing Section have their pick of seats for tonight's game, so there's (theoretically) nothing stopping them from creating a fantastic atmosphere.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Rattler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    The Singing Section have their pick of seats for tonight's game, so there's (theoretically) nothing stopping them from creating a fantastic atmosphere.
    Certainly trying to generate some noise tonight despite the section being less than half full.

Not an easy task to keep it going when you're watching some of that Kama kamakaze defending!

Im sitting in the east tonight and I can hear the section fine. Keep going boys.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rattler View Post
    Certainly trying to generate some noise tonight despite the section being less than half full.

Not an easy task to keep it going when you're watching some of that Kama kamakaze defending!

Did Boy George write that?

Good job tonight from the singers.

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    They're too far away from section 43 (the other singers). It's hard to coordinate singing together, and it feels like the noise from the singing section should theoretically spread in a wave around the ground but it just doesn't. Will be interesting to see how we sound in a big game though.

Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibees62
    Get the lads and the drum back to the East Stand shocking idea to have them so high up behind the goals.
    They need to get them back in the East for the match v that lot from the other side of Edinburgh

Quote Originally Posted by KingFranck View Post
    Get the lads and the drum back to the East Stand shocking idea to have them so high up behind the goals.
    They need to get them back in the East for the match v that lot from the other side of Edinburgh
    not gonna happen

Great effort by everyone in the singing section tonight. Those who were there certainly can't be blamed for a lack of trying. Looking forward to the noise generated against the likes of Aberdeen and Hearts soon with a packed ER.

Section looked good tonight. Would look even better up the back of the east, mind you!

It worked well for the Thistle game. Don't think they've been using the megaphone the had at that game since, maybe they should try that again. Thought they were good tonight

Great effort by the singing Section tonight - well done folks.

I do agree with the vast majority of Hibs fans, it would be MUCH better if you were back in The East................but looks like that won't happen, sadly

Quote Originally Posted by hibsboy69 View Post
    Great effort by the singing Section tonight - well done folks.

I do agree with the vast majority of Hibs fans, it would be MUCH better if you were back in The East................but looks like that won't happen, sadly

Credt where it's due. Wasn't at the game but sounded like they did really well, in spite of the lack of numbers.

They have even been praised in JB's 'this is what it feels like thread', a rare honour indeed.

Left by mutual consent!
    Is there enough space in the east to accommodate? Seems the larger our support grows on a Match day they have no chance of getting back which sounds quite crap if they have been moved because of season ticket sales.

Could only hear the drum from my seat in the East and none of what was being sung. The boys in the East tried hard and a load of us joined in but I genuinely had no idea whether we were singing the same songs as the singing section or what.
    It's not working in the FF and it's nothing to do with the lads and lassies up there, it's just not the right location.

Said it at the time and still feel the same that the top corner of the FF is the worst possible place the singing section could be. It's not working acoustically. Hopefully be back in the east next season where it sounded great.

Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    Said it at the time and still feel the same that the top corner of the FF is the worst possible place the singing section could be. It's not working acoustically. Hopefully be back in the east next season where it sounded great.
    Why can't they go top centre in the FF and fan out from there?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    They not the posh black seats?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dashing Bob S View Post
    Because there are no spare seats there. Maybe 8-10 at most out of 250 in each block.

@hibs.net private member WhileTheChief..'s Avatar
    Get rid of the posh seats and fit more normal ones in their place.

@hibs.net private member linlithgowhibbie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Naw,,,,,I sit there sometimes

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WhileTheChief.. View Post
    Do we charge more for these seats?

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Do we charge more for these seats?
    Previously it was about £1 a game more but not anymore, just the same price now and significantly more comfortable than a plastic seat.

The club seemed to support the singing section by discussing the move and evicting a few famous five upper season ticket holders to allow them to relocate.

After the groups banner, having a go at the club about the rangers EBT statement, I would reckon it's unlikely the club will be as cooperative and accommodating regarding supporting them with any future move.

Left by mutual consent! Peevemor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by macca70 View Post
    The club seemed to support the singing section by discussing the move and evicting a few famous five upper season ticket holders to allow them to relocate.

After the groups banner, having a go at the club about the rangers EBT statement, I would reckon it's unlikely the club will be as cooperative and accommodating regarding supporting them with any future move.
    I doubt that banner will change anything at all in the club's dealings with the singing section.

Is their present location simply not one stage in the plan to get them to move to the middle of the FF lower tier?

There's no hospitality windows to block now and all it'll be is a case of shifting the present season ticket holders and kids section. Not impossible, and the section would look and sound better there IMO. All about the long game.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Is their present location simply not one stage in the plan to get them to move to the middle of the FF lower tier?

There's no hospitality windows to block now and all it'll be is a case of shifting the present season ticket holders and kids section. Not impossible, and the section would look and sound better there IMO. All about the long game.
    Sounds really simple when you don't think about it too deeply.

1) Where would you put the Family Section?

2) What will you do with the people that already have season ticketsin those areas and have to be moved to accomodate them?

3) As the Family section currently enjoys lower prices, will you keep those the same, but charge people in equivelant pitch side sets more then them, for the same view?

4) Do you really want to P' off circa 3,000 people (current Family Section ST holders andpeople moved to accomodate them) by forcibly moving them from seats they might just enjoy sitting in.

5) Finally, and most importantly, is there any evidence that we have 1,500 - 2,000 people willing to move in to the FF Lower to create a mega singing section?
    Last edited by Keith_M; 21-09-2017 at 09:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    Sounds really simple when you don't think about it too deeply.

1) Where would you put the Family Section?

2) What will you do with the people that already have season ticketsin those areas and have to be moved to accomodate them?

3) As the Family section currently enjoys lower prices, will you keep those the same, but charge people in equivelant pitch side sets more then them, for the same view?

4) Do you really want to P' off circa 3,000 people (current Family Section ST holders andpeople moved to accomodate them) by forcibly moving them from seats they might just enjoy sitting in.

5) Finally, and most importantly, is there any evidence that we have 1,500 - 2,000 people willing to move in to the FF Lower to create a mega singing section?
    I only said it wasn't impossible and it certainly isn't beyond the wit of man to do it gradually.

I would move the family pricing section to the West lower or the East. A lot of people will follow the money (our group included). I'm sure there will be people who are unhappy but if there were incentives on offer I'm sure an agreement could be reached.

I'm only assuming that this is still the groups aim. 🤔

This thread seems to circulate regularly and I had a keen interest in them having been involved a few years ago. I'll have a go at stating the recollections and perceptions of my friends and family group of supporters who have been based in or around the South end of the East since the 1980's?
    • Cowshed to Old East Gantry
    • The singers at Easter Road used to be based in the old' Cowshed', now the Famous Five
    • That was when the side of the pitch was just terracing. Sound is always better projected up into a roof and out.
    • When the Old East Stand was built, the singers relocated temporarily into the TV gantry space, near the away fans, under the low roof. Although there were small seats it was possible to stand.
    • A combination of side on view of the pitch, acoustics and proximity to joust with the opposition meant that are is where the singers remained

• New East Stand
    • Prior to the opening of the new East, a few of us started a campaign to have that same area delegated as a Singing Section
    • In dialogue with the club we agreed on the top 20 rows in Section 43
    • That was where we were allowed to stand and sing (after some feeble initial attempts by stewards to get us to sit )
    • In big games the amount of people standing extended across sections 42 (top) and 44. Singing is louder standing up!
    • In the days of Hibs12thMan and Sect43 we had the loudest, most sustained singing support in Scotland
    • This era coincided with some very dire football which impacted upon the enthusiasm to sing all game

• Sect43 relocation, Since 1875
    • The group of 20-30 'ultras' (not sure that's how they defined themselves - apologies gents) who went home and away, made flags, carried the drum suddenly moved down the front.
    • This was in consultation with club management, but I'm not sure if the rest of the singing section was consulted, so it caught many of us by surprise
    • That move had an immediate and retrograde effect on the atmosphere by splitting the singing across two areas - bottom and top
    • This group continued to have dialogue with the club with a view to relocating to behind the goals
    • This dialogue led to the formation of a new section in the Famous Five

• Singers remaining in Section43
    • Those of us who remain loyal to the East probably won't move to the FF. We prefer the side on, high up view of the pitch, front on view of the tunnel and the chance to barney with the opposition singers.
    • We are still standing for 90 minutes and that won't be changing any time soon. In big games there could be up to 1000 standing.
    • Some new song starters are emerging out of the pack. I've heard talk of a drum although I think it would be a poor call whilst the new FF section is still finding it's feet.

I think it will be interesting to see how things evolve in both areas of the stadium. But there's little doubt that the overall backing for the team has suffered due to the changes over recent years. Five years ago we were drowning out every team. Now from the perspective of all areas of the ground apart from the North end of Easter Road, we are being out-sung by 700 Motherwell fans which is downright embarrassing.
    Last edited by RIP; 26-09-2017 at 01:03 PM.

RIP, you say we are drowned out by 700 Motherwell fans but from where I sit in the FF, I hardly heard the Motherwell fans once but could hear our fans throughout. Just fyi.