hibs.net Messageboard

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by wearethehibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    We're 2 home league games into the season, give it time.

Crazy idea, but those complaining about there not being an atmosphere, could you not help out by starting some songs where you sit?

3 games at it's not working due to the locations of the East and the FF. it's like chalk and cheese every trying to get they stands to sync.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member

Well done the singing section for the banner

Well done to the lads and lassies in the singing section for the banner, I was a bit gutted going to the game really disappointed with the board for putting out the statement when they should have stayed silent IMO.

I thought things had changed with fans reps and the arrival of LD but it seems like its the same old board who don't communicate with the fans given a make over to give them the appearance of being in touch

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    I was in the South, and while you could see there was chanting going on, it was inaudible, especially next to Motherwell's fans who made a good noise.
    The atmosphere was still good though throughout the stadium, but unfortunately the idea that the new singing section was going to be a wall of noise every home game doesn't look like being the case.

Haven't read all the thread so apologies if repeating but don't think having a singing section at any END is the best place - if the South can't hear it from the North and the North couldn't hear it from the South the players won't always hear it either (if they notice at all). Best place would be near the pitch in East or West imho. Think lads are doing a great job though shame so far it's not working as expected.

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fizz View Post
    Haven't read all the thread so apologies if repeating but don't think having a singing section at any END is the best place - if the South can't hear it from the North and the North couldn't hear it from the South the players won't always hear it either (if they notice at all). Best place would be near the pitch in East or West imho. Think lads are doing a great job though shame so far it's not working as expected.
    The section where it was last season was fine and made sense.

Was it the fans who asked to be moved? If so why would you want to move as far up and out the road? If it wasn't the fans why did Hibs think it was a good idea? As I said before many teams all over the uk punt away fans high up in the away stands if they can to drown out the noise. Either go back to where it was or come down to the FF lower as proved on sat by Well fans it worked well.

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Was it the fans who asked to be moved? If so why would you want to move as far up and out the road? If it wasn't the fans why did Hibs think it was a good idea? As I said before many teams all over the uk punt away fans high up in the away stands if they can to drown out the noise. Either go back to where it was or come down to the FF lower as proved on sat by Well fans it worked well.
    As far as I am aware. That was the least popular section with other ST's. ST's holders in the F5 lower didn't want to give up their seat and move.

It's a terrible up there tbh. The guys are trying but theyr'e too far.
    I think moving them in the South Lower would be far better, then move into the east when we have CAT A games.

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Quote Originally Posted by wearethehibs View Post
    We're 2 home league games into the season, give it time.

Crazy idea, but those complaining about there not being an atmosphere, could you not help out by starting some songs where you sit?
    Bit of a straw man there. We need another drum for the East too in that case. 2 games into the season or not, the acoustics of the stadium aren't going to magically change in the next few weeks. No-one's saying they're not trying, just that the sound isn't carrying from where they're located.

It was always a strange one for me. East has always been known (in my time supporting Hibs) as the load-bearer when it comes to creating the atmosphere. What was the reasoning behind moving to the FF?

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    Sorry if it's already been well covered but why was the singing section moved from the East?

Also, why is it easy enough to hear the away fans in the South but not songs from the FF? I don't understand the acoustics issue.
    Just the angles of the walls in the stand maybe? Motherwell's singers were probably a lot more audible in the East compared to the West, and vice versa for our singing section. Just speculating though.

@hibs.net private member
    Mind there were about 30 folk up high in hospitality last seaso. (V Dunfermline)? Everyone could hear them. They weren't drowned out by a drum mind you.

Testimonial Due
    Needs moved back to east asap. It's bad can't hear a thing. Tried to sing hibs hibs oooh song and noticed east joined in but both stands completely out of sync and singing different parts of song

It's dreadful where it is and it's killing the atmosphere at home games. Something needs done to change this urgently imo

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    [QUOTE=Liam Miller;5171619]As far as I am aware. That was the least popular section with other ST's. ST's holders in the F5 lower didn't want to give up their seat and move.

For the record, some of us in that section didn't want to give up our seats and move either, but we had no choice. It was stay and sit in the singing section or move. I certainly wasn't happy at moving after sitting there for many years

Totally bizzare decision to move it from the east to the FF, it's turned out to be a complete disaster.

First Team Breakthrough HTD1875's Avatar
    Atmosphere has been brutal at Easter road for as long as I can remember outwith category A games and the odd exception. Singing section was about 20 strong isolated at the bottom of the east last season.

Maybe if all the people who are moaning about the lack of noise attempted to make an atmosphere things would get a bit better? Why is it all the singing sections fault? There are 5000+ season tickets in the east, enough to make some sort of atmosphere.

13,000 season ticket holders but it's being left down to a group of 20 or so to produce something?

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by samcrowe View Post
    Maybe if all the people who are moaning about the lack of noise attempted to make an atmosphere things would get a bit better? Why is it all the singing sections fault? There are 5000+ season tickets in the east, enough to make some sort of atmosphere.

13,000 season ticket holders but it's being left down to a group of 20 or so to produce something?
    Nobody said it's their fault. The location is.

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    Nobody said it's their fault. The location is.
    What I'm saying is it shouldnt matter that much. Theres enough people in the east including the many that stand at the back to create an atmosphere

@hibs.net private member
    What I'm saying is it shouldnt matter that much. Theres enough people in the east including the many that stand at the back to create an atmosphere
    Why bother with them at all then?

People seem to think if there's a singing section only that section should be singing. At least that's what it looks like

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Moving them to the FF wasnt bizaare in itself, but putting them in the top tier in the corner certainly was. Singing sections have visual impact as well, so would have been much better in the bottom tier.

Its a shame because the move looks like being seen a failure but it could have been much better in the bottom tier.

@hibs.net private member
    People seem to think if there's a singing section only that section should be singing. At least that's what it looks like
    Tbf all anyone is saying is that it's not as effective where they are placed now in comparison to where they were previously

First Team Breakthrough HTD1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Victor Park View Post
    Moving them to the FF wasnt bizaare in itself, but putting them in the top tier in the corner certainly was. Singing sections have visual impact as well, so would have been much better in the bottom tier.

Its a shame because the move looks like being seen a failure but it could have been much better in the bottom tier.
    Think the idea is that eventually, would need to up the numbers and atmosphere before the club would agree to such a drastic change in stadium lay out. Would mean moving family section somewhere else.

They do a fantastic job, particularly the drummer but they need moved back (particularly for the bigger games with larger supports)

What a difference they made in Perth last week

I would hazard a guess the Since 1875 lads will be in section 25 for the foreseeable. Perhaps those who think they can contribute to atmosphere can swap their ticket to sect 25 for the Aberdeen home game to boost numbers/noise?

I don't think we'd have a thread like this if the section was filled with 200/250 noisy supporters (which was obviously what the intention was in moving up there)

Unfortunately it's only the same 40/50 lads joining in each week, which was the same situation when they were located down the front of the east the past couple seasons

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Are you just being obtuse or are you genuinely not getting the fact that the singing section acted a very effective fulcrum?

Losing that has significantly reduced the atmosphere and that cannot be considered positive.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Park View Post

Exactly People have even commented on this thread about how good the Motherwell boys were. Were they not behind the goals? Singing section would be great bang in the middle of the FF lower.

@hibs.net private member
    I'm a fan of the singing section and feel in past seasons they've improved the atmosphere at ER immensely. Can't honestly say that now because it's clearly not working in the end section of the FF. The accoustics in the area they occupied originally, high up in the east, seemed much better imo. Hope someone can come up with a solution because the guys are doing their best, I'd hate to see them lose interest.

Quote Originally Posted by The Harp View Post
    I'm a fan of the singing section and feel in past seasons they've improved the atmosphere at ER immensely. Can't honestly say that now because it's clearly not working in the end section of the FF. The accoustics in the area they occupied originally, high up in the east, seemed much better imo. Hope someone can come up with a solution because the guys are doing their best, I'd hate to see them lose interest.
    The acoustics are really bad there. No lack of effort by the singing section who usually do us proud.

In an ideal world - the answer could be a standing/singing section filling in the gap between the FF and the East. A corner section should be visible by all parts of the ground and I would imagine the sound would travel ok??

Take a look at how many seats are still available in the singing section for tomorrow

https://www.eticketing.co.uk/hiberni...x?itemref=4059

If there aren't many people sitting their tomorrow then we should probably just move it back to the east