hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm pretty sure there are quite a few folk with a kids £25 ticket that's never used until they need an extra ticket for the derby or cup final.
    Had this debate on here more than once

2. Log in to remove the advert

Wow we have some moaners on here.

This new section is new and I think it's only fair to give them several games to see how it develops.

The Partick game was much different to Hamilton and as always performances are important to atmosphere.

I understand what people are saying about sing all the time and not just when winning but again easier said than done and not many clubs do.

I would be prepared for a thread about this section after every home - some won't accept change but many will give it a chance. Good luck to everyone in it - it's easy to moan on here or go to ER and try join in and make a difference.

I saw the singing section in action throughout Saturday's game. Wasn't lack of effort it's just the sound is blocked from travelling into the East.

The answer is surely for the East to start make regular noise too - which only happened occasionally on Saturday but was good when it did. Still plenty standing up in Section 43 so I'm sure this will happen eventually. The bigger games will show if the move was a success or not.
    Last edited by Johnny Clash; 22-08-2017 at 08:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Clash View Post
    Wasn't lack of effort it's just the sound is blocked from travelling into the East.
    This seems to be a problem which I know I didn't envisage. I have a seat in the new section and I've been surprised at the criticsm as it feels like we're making quite a racket. Seems like very few in the East are even hearing the chants to join in with which is disappointing. Nothing stopping those still based in S43 getting some atmosphere going as well though.

i've been in 37 of the east the last couple games and can only vaguely hear the drum. It's a bit difficult to join in with chants if you can't hear/make them out.

Quote Originally Posted by we are hibs View Post
    i've been in 37 of the east the last couple games and can only vaguely hear the drum. It's a bit difficult to join in with chants if you can't hear/make them out.
    Agree with this, I'm in section 38 and all Ive heard is very low level drum noise for the last few weeks. I was astounded after the Patrick game when there was a thread saying how good the singing section was as my wife and I heard nothing. Really disappointing as we were looking forward to them really raising the atmosphere this season.

Still, its early days and I really hope the guys can keep it going. It would be interesting to know what it sounds like to the players; if they think it's better then that would be the main thing in trying to spur them on.

Me& boy sit in sect 37.Hardly heard the drum ,or "singers " moving them to the ff was a big mistake.they should've stayed whey they were.although i wish them every success.maybe sat was a bad day for them .

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    I would give it a little time. If the north end of the East picks up on the singing section then the noise should increase quite nicely. I can appreciate at the moment that the south end of the East is struggling to hear the singing section, to be honest when all the sound started from section 43 those in the FF struggled to hear them.

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Experiment failed IMO. No disrespect to the members of the section as you can see that they're trying, but no noise comes from where they're located. Motherwell's singers were of a similar number but were MUCH louder. I'm virtually on the halfway line too.

Quote Originally Posted by SRH View Post
    Experiment failed IMO. No disrespect to the members of the section as you can see that they're trying, but no noise comes from where they're located. Motherwell's singers were of a similar number but were MUCH louder. I'm virtually on the halfway line too.
    Yeah I agree, heard nothing from my seat in sect 43 unfortunately. Every time I looked over at the FF I could see that they were drumming and singing but couldn't hear anything other than the Motherwell boys.

Sat in 45 yesterday for first time this season and the atmosphere has worsened in the East pretty dramatically.

I moved from the singing section back to the east. Was sat in sect 39 yesterday and could not hear anything from the section. Heard the Motherwell boys all game.

I sit at the other end of the FF and all you can really hear is the bang of the drum, singing doesn't carry at all. Obviously sound doesn't usually travel well sideways but still.

Not intended as a criticism of the folk in the section, they tried something different to try to solve a problem. Not sure it's really worked out though.
    PM Awards General Poster of The Year 2015, 2016, 2017. Probably robbed in other years

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    On another note, fair play to the Motherwell fans. Even at 2 down they were making tons of noise. Paid dividends in the end.

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Maybe the south maybe an option for them?

Maybe the best place to create an atmosphere in the South Lower. The Singing Section could try moving there next.

Section 27, opposite the away fans?

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SRH View Post
    On another note, fair play to the Motherwell fans. Even at 2 down they were making tons of noise. Paid dividends in the end.
    Alot of it is relative to where you sit. I was in the upper FF yesterday and although could see Motherwell had block singing non stop couldnt really actually hear them. The home atmosphere only really gets going when we get more than one stand going and thats not really happening. Feel sorry for the lads in the singing section its not really working we seem to have a half way house in the FF and a half way house in the East. Still on the positive side its great to be getting the gates we are and the atmosphere will improve Im sure especially with games to come with the likes of Celtic, Rangers, Hearts and Aberdeen.

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Whizz View Post
    Maybe the south maybe an option for them?
    I have my season ticket in Singing section and yesterday I thought it was really good atmosphere up there and sang right through the game. It's very unfortunate as the boys at the front of the section are obviously trying very hard to generate an atmosphere and it's not through a lack of trying. The bottom of the south would be a good place to have it IMO

Bottom line is, moving the singing section to the FF stand (like moving Witty to LB) just has not worked. Get them back to the East and start again (or clear everyone out of the FF and put in a much bigger singing section.

The few times the FF and East were singing the same song, timing was out which made it sound crap.

First Team Breakthrough Forever_Green93's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: Sunshineonleith
    As I mentioned in another thread, the problem with singing section atm is that it's only the front 5 or 6 rows that are singing and the people who are in the middle and the back of the section aren't joining in. If those people joined in then the section would be much louder.

I don't think before the move that anyone even thought the acoustics would be so troublesome. Even when the singing section is in full flow the noise seems to disappear before it even reaches the East. Maybe our singing section is easier to hear by the away fans in the South ?

I wonder what the players think? After all, the atmosphere is mainly to help spur the team on. I'm guessing they heard more coming from section 43 than they do now, purely down to the acoustics and the way sound travels?

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    I sit in section 45 and I couldn't hear anything other than the Motherwell fans. Even when the Motherwell fans were quiet I couldn't hear the singing section.
    I always join in with the singing, but it's hard when you can't hear what they're singing. I don't know if it's possible to move at this stage of the season, but it would be better for the atmosphere if they did.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    I sit in section 45 and I couldn't hear anything other than the Motherwell fans. Even when the Motherwell fans were quiet I couldn't hear the singing section.
    I always join in with the singing, but it's hard when you can't hear what they're singing. I don't know if it's possible to move at this stage of the season, but it would be better for the atmosphere if they did.
    How about we fill in the corners with stacks of Marshall amps and mic up the front of the FF/ East?? Blow the seagulls to ****** as well !! 😀

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Clash View Post
    How about we fill in the corners with stacks of Marshall amps and mic up the front of the FF/ East?? Blow the seagulls to ****** as well !! 😀
    Only if we can have lasers.

United we stand here....

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    Only if we can have lasers.
    Now you're talking!!! :)

It's not working

@hibs.net private member RyeSloan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicho87 View Post
    It's not working
    Yup and the atmosphere has suffered big time....even the now traditional goal celebration was half baked yesterday because of it.

Was a very strange decision in the first place and I hope somehow the club and the dudes that put the effort in every week in that section can admit as much and try and rectify the situation as it's in everyone's interest to sort something better out.

Appreciate the boys making the effort and making the atmosphere but the move to ff is pish and nothing to do with the boys just a bad move

We're 2 home league games into the season, give it time.

Crazy idea, but those complaining about there not being an atmosphere, could you not help out by starting some songs where you sit?

Left by mutual consent!
    Sorry if it's already been well covered but why was the singing section moved from the East?

Also, why is it easy enough to hear the away fans in the South but not songs from the FF? I don't understand the acoustics issue.