hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    @hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK

Singing Section?

What happened? Granted, the second half was pish, but barely heard a peep out of them after the first 5 minutes.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Was very flat in there today, a bit like the performance. Think everyone was a bit shocked and annoyed at the performance to be honest.

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk

Got the crowd going a few times fair play to them. Just wish they weren't so high up, much prefered when they were in the East. Although having said that the East got a few chants of their own going today.

In fainress though, wasn't a great deal to get excited about today.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Early days I know, but think it was a mistake shoving them upstairs away in the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Park View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Early days I know, but think it was a mistake shoving them upstairs away in the corner.
    Games against rangers, hearts, Aberdeen and Celtic will take care of themselves. Games against the rest like today could be a struggle.

They're like Hibs. Can't do it every time.

Didn't really hear much from the other sections in the stadium to be fair. Yes, there should have been more noise from the singing section, but there should have been more noise from the rest of the support.

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: wilson1875
    They've been placed in a crap section to be honest they shoulduve been placed behind the goals. Would love to see a standing section similar to celtics behind there it would look cracking and would be very affective.

Can't believe they were moved into the famous five. Terrible place to be honest with you. You could see them waving the flags and hear them on the odd occasion but it just doesn't have the same impact as it did in the west regardless of the position I think. Nothing against the lads in it cause I know for a fact they try their best regardless of result or performance but its not been ideal so far.

All things considered - I thought the atmosphere was much improved today compared to previous games against Hamilton. From the back of the East I can only ever see a small corner of the Singing Section and it looked to me like they were making an effort but as been said previously the acoustics mean that most of the East will hardly hear the noise they generate.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Park View Post
    It's been a huge mistake to move them from the east. Now the east is like a library other than the odd outbreak of an attempt at a song.

It was chicken or egg scenario yesterday with the singing section. Are they meant to create noise to get behind the team or will they only sing when the team are playing well.

Yesterday, it was like they didn't know any hibs songs. Both home games they have sung 'We've played in South morocco.........' save that for games against the Jambos, that was then followed yesterday by 'If I had the wings of a sparrow........' what an embarrassing song, that was about the only 2 songs heard in the 2nd half yesterday.

At 1 point yesterday the east broke into a song and the singing section were singing something completely different.

Don't think I heard the Simon Murray song once yesterday, he's our top scorer having an off day, try giving him some encouragement and backing the team through the tough times not just when we're winning.

Not now silent singer.....

Quote Originally Posted by macca70 View Post
    It's been a huge mistake to move them from the east. Now the east is like a library other than the odd outbreak of an attempt at a song.

It was chicken or egg scenario yesterday with the singing section. Are they meant to create noise to get behind the team or will they only sing when the team are playing well.

Yesterday, it was like they didn't know any hibs songs. Both home games they have sung 'We've played in South morocco.........' save that for games against the Jambos, that was then followed yesterday by 'If I had the wings of a sparrow........' what an embarrassing song, that was about the only 2 songs heard in the 2nd half yesterday.

At 1 point yesterday the east broke into a song and the singing section were singing something completely different.

Don't think I heard the Simon Murray song once yesterday, he's our top scorer having an off day, try giving him some encouragement and backing the team through the tough times not just when we're winning.
    You want to go over and start the songs?

Quote Originally Posted by frazeHFC View Post
    You want to go over and start the songs?
    Not really, I join in when I want.

But why claim to be a designated 'SINGING SECTION' but then just stay silent for a whole 2nd half especially when the team needed the backing from the fans the most.
    Last edited by macca70; 20-08-2017 at 07:02 AM.

Blog Entries
    Just an idea, how about the many expert singing judges in here join in with the singing at games and contribute that way? Dare say that'll probably have a more positive end result than weekly negative posts on here. I'm sure there's only so much the singing section group can do without anyone else willing to join in.

Football fans (the world over) tend to not feel very much like having a sing-song when their team is being outplayed and losing.

It was compounded yesterday by almost a sense of disbelief (for some) and disappointment at what the home fans were witnessing.

I was sitting in the FF not far from them and they did their best. Position seems wrong and also there are at most 100-150 in the section but I would say they do a great job and particularly after we went 1-0 down immediately tried to lift the tempo.= More widely that was a dreadful performance but I thought the support was reasonably forgiving. Not too many boos and pretty supportive. I think our support are really getting their act together- a few seasons ago a performance like that would have been met with enormous hostility.

Said it at the time when it was announced the top corner of the FF is the wrong place for a singing section. Doesn't work.

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    Said it at the time when it was announced the top corner of the FF is the wrong place for a singing section. Doesn't work.
    aye it's daft like hopefully they get moved to the lower behind the goals. A standing section would look superb there.

Testimonial Due
    Think its rubbish if i'm being honest. They need to be moved back to the east next season. They should get their own section bang in the middle of the east, that way everyone in stadium has a good view of it and players coming out the tunnel will be able to see any flags, banners etc. IMO

Quote Originally Posted by RossScott1991 View Post
    Think its rubbish if i'm being honest. They need to be moved back to the east next season. They should get their own section bang in the middle of the east, that way everyone in stadium has a good view of it and players coming out the tunnel will be able to see any flags, banners etc. IMO
    Well they're not getting my seat bang in the centre of the East where I've sat since it opened. I agree with you however, the move to the FF top corner was always going to be a failure and has proved so. From my seat they would be as well being in the car park for all I can hear and it has definitely had a negative affected on the atmosphere in the East.

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by RossScott1991 View Post
    you've hit the jackpot there like that would look cracking ma man

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Emerald View Post
    Well they're not getting my seat bang in the centre of the East where I've sat since it opened. I agree with you however, the move to the FF top corner was always going to be a failure and has proved so. From my seat they would be as well being in the car park for all I can hear and it has definitely had a negative affected on the atmosphere in the East.
    You'll do what you're told mate.

Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    You'll do what you're told mate.
    No I won't, they can't just keep moving people out of there regular long term seats to suit the singing section. There's no way the ST holders in section 41 would move out, they wouldn't even try.

@hibs.net private member
    No I won't, they can't just keep moving people out of there regular long term seats to suit the singing section. There's no way the ST holders in section 41 would move out, they wouldn't even try.
    They can do what they want mate. They already did.

You'd probably want guarantees they'll sing though before you suck it up and move along a bit.

You'd probably want guarantees they'll sing though before you suck it up and move along a bit.
    He's right though. The club won't move hundreds of season ticket holders from the middle of the east.

It's one thing moving a few people out of one of the smallest and worst sections in the stadium to moving hundred of ST holders in one of the best places in the stadium. The club would realise tha backlash from this, it's hypocritical anyway and IMHO they wouldn't even try. If they did then we would all just keep our seats and join the singing section, 😂 🎶

@hibs.net private member StevieT's Avatar
    I agree 100%. The singing section want to choose where they sit, they want to have a standing area created for them but apart from the opening game of the season they have been posted missing. They haven't been at any of the cup games and yesterday it looked like they couldn't be bothered. Perhaps the location isn't the best but perhaps if they were to make a success of it then they could ask about moving elsewhere. So far it hasn't been great....noise at the opening game of the season (which possibly would have happened anyway under the circumstances), no attendance pre season or cup games, and silence yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by Since90+2 View Post
    He's right though. The club won't move hundreds of season ticket holders from the middle of the east.

...or from the FF Lower.

How about they go in Section 27 in the South? They'd then be competing with the Away Fans and would be visible from most parts of the ground. When Celtc, Hearts & The Rangers come to visit, the atmosphere will take care of itself, so bung them back up the FF again for those games.

Edit: I meant to write 27, not 25. Now edited
    Last edited by Keith_M; 21-08-2017 at 10:15 AM. Reason: Got number wrong

Quote Originally Posted by Keekaboo View Post
    ...or from the FF Lower.

How about they go in Section 25 in the South? They'd then be competing with the Away Fans and would be visible from most parts of the ground. When Celtc, Hearts & The Rangers come to visit, the atmosphere will take care of itself, so bung them back up the FF again for those games.
    If the club were going to annoy hundreds of season ticket holders they would stick the singing section in the FF lower behind the goals. It's been said numerous times and it's generally accepted it's the most natural place for it to be. I don't think that will happen but it's more likely than the middle of the east.