hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    He signs and picks those players, he gets credit when they win he deserves criticism when we lose.

Slivka should've kept his place 100%
    This. 1st name on the sheet after his Ibrox performance. Type of player you build your team around, not leave on the bench.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member
    Is it conductive to defensive play? Is that why we lost 3 goals?

The amount of attackers, defenders and midfielders doesn't matter one little bit if they all play *****.
    Yep, you do have a point, formations are secondary to players application and attitude, still personally dislike 532

Quote Originally Posted by Weir07 View Post
    Yep, you do have a point, formations are secondary to players application and attitude, still personally dislike 532
    Yeah, I can see why people dislike it but today is a bad day to make judgement one way or another.

If the players all turn up and play well and we still lose, then you can ask questions of instructions and formations.

@hibs.net private member Jones28's Avatar
    Accies went man for man and individually we have better players than them all over the pitch but as a team they worked so much harder than us. They were on us from the get go and I think it started to tell as we were making mistakes constantly.

Tactics mean sweet FA when your players can't be arsed.

Had a Blue nosed weegie relative Text me before the game.. He Said - This is Lennys Punishment.. !!!

I Didn't Bite / respond as I Expected a Win or at least a Draw tbh...

I Text him afterwards.. Saying.. " Nice Prediction - hope you won at the bookies "..

he said - Lenny was either a 3 game ban or Lose 3 points in the aftermath of Hibees 3 rangers 2 ..

" Did Lennon set you up to lose " - was the next..

feels like it tbh..

@hibs.net private member
    Yeah, I can see why people dislike it but today is a bad day to make judgement one way or another.

If the players all turn up and play well and we still lose, then you can ask questions of instructions and formations.
    A gentleman that knows the game! Good debate!

Left by mutual consent! majorhibs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Weir07 View Post
    Some slavers! Managers set up whatever to win! Name of game! They had us today. Canning had Lennon. Easy to see. Very easy.

Quote Originally Posted by DR1875 View Post
    The diamond in the middle left a huge space in midfield. With Swanson too far forward. Missing Bartley for cover mopping up players miss timed passes.
    The midfield was the issue today. McGinn and Mcgeouch outnumbered and over run by a physical(not dirty) and well organised Accies midfield. Swanson and Mcgeouch are not the best defensive players so Accies gained control. Whether through changing to a back four or replacing Swanson with Slivka it would have given us the other body in The middle of the park we desperately needed. Bartley was a big miss .

@hibs.net private member Libby Hibby's Avatar
    Darrion MacKinnon bullied our starting midfield yesterday. We battled better after the introduction of Slivka and if Bartley was available then MacKinnon would of been dealt with.

Midfield is where games are won an lost and McGinn, McGeouch and Swanson simply weren't competing like previous weeks for whatever reason.

Stevenson offered absolutely nothing going forward, if you are playing a back 3/5 then that left side has to be an attacking minded player, especially at home to Hamilton.

We were crying out for Lewis to go past a man or put in a decent cross.

I'd have changed Lewis for Barker at Half Time. I couldn't believe it when 2nd half started with same team and formation.

@hibs.net private member Hibbyradge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe6-2 View Post
    Has NL spoken yet?
    Yes.

He played Swanson instead of Slivka because he thought we'd have more of the ball than we did at Ibrox and Danny is more creative.

That seems to have been a reasonable assumption, but our players were completely off the pace.

I just realized this morning that I'd not worn my lucky boxers to the game yesterday. I have to apologize to the manager and all the players for taking the blame for yesterdays defeat when in actual fact a schoolboy error by me earlier in the day cost us dearly, sorry!