hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Slivka?

Slivka?

Hopefully someone asks the question and we get a decent reason from Lennon! Had to start IMO for continuity (and deserved on last weeks showing). Bizarre

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Aye he looked decent when he came on too. I'm a big fan. I guess Lennon just wants to use our strong squad to its fullest. Didn't work out today.

Especially as Swanson has been crap since he got here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Best player in the team imo. Needs to start every game when available

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote

I think he needs to relax a lot more and sometimes play the simpler pass rather than burst a gut to dribble past players. He is an excellent player when he plays the game simply and allows others around him to come into the game. Needs a first goal to relax him for me.

Quote Originally Posted by truehibernian View Post
    I think he needs to relax a lot more and sometimes play the simpler pass rather than burst a gut to dribble past players. He is an excellent player when he plays the game simply and allows others around him to come into the game. Needs a first goal to relax him for me.
    Until he relaxes then Slivka should be in.

Based on form for Hibs Slivka is twice the player Swanson is.

Coaching Staff
    Until he relaxes then Slivka should be in.

Certainly don't disagree that Slivka should have started, for his ability and physical strength too - can only imagine there was a slight knock this week or it is indeed a very strange selection choice from Lennon.

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    Was my exact first thought when i saw the team sheet, really don't see how you can justify dropping Slivka after last week. Lessons learned aplenty today.

2 assists in his first league game was hardly crap.

Much more effective today than his replacement too albeit every player was pretty awful in the 2nd half

Behave.

Folk need to chill the **** out, whether we win or lose, and realise that there is plenty between 'crap' and 'amazing'.

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    Agree Slivka should start next week.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefster View Post
    Behave.

Folk need to chill the **** out, whether we win or lose, and realise that there is plenty between 'crap' and 'amazing'.
    Well said.

Quote Originally Posted by Stevie Reid View Post
    Well said.
    Exactly. Not a Swanson bashing intended thread - Just querying an odd team selection based on form. I believe both players will excel this year

Slivka made a big difference when he came on even though were toiling. We looked more of a threat going forward and everything positive seemed to go through him. I wouldn't have made any changes to last week's starting eleven.

@hibs.net private member hibee_girl's Avatar
    Not sure why he wasn't in the starting 11, only Lennon will know, but he certainly should be one of the first teams on the team sheet in future. He only played around 30 minutes but he was our best player.

Bizarre decision by Lennon.

Only he knows why he made it but it certainly didn't work out.

Quote Originally Posted by tamig View Post
    Slivka made a big difference when he came on even though were toiling. We looked more of a threat going forward and everything positive seemed to go through him. I wouldn't have made any changes to last week's starting eleven.
    Neither would I, but I don't think that simply replacing Swanson with Slivka would have been enough to reverse that result.

We were second best all over the park.

It was just one of those days that is easy to look back on with hindsight and say we could and should have done this or that.

Slivka must be one of the first names on the team sheet for next week though.
    Last edited by Smartie; 19-08-2017 at 06:18 PM.

I wouldn't say crap but it ain't happening for him atm and he never deserved a start today that's for sure

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Slivka should feel a wee bit hard done by. The manager picks the team, but based on last week's showing I don't think that DS could have complained if Slivka kept the shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by samcrowe View Post
    Best player in the team imo. Needs to start every game when available
    What is all fhis "he was great today" i must have blinked and missed it evryone in a green shirt was poor very very poor.

@hibs.net private member LaMotta's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sammy7nil View Post
    What is all fhis "he was great today" i must have blinked and missed it evryone in a green shirt was poor very very poor.

Think folk are getting a bit carried away about him. He had a good game at Ibrox and scored a raker. Alen Orman did that as well though.

The signs are promising but let's wait and see!

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Park View Post

Think folk are getting a bit carried away about him. He had a good game at Ibrox and scored a raker. Alen Orman did that as well though.

You can see when he plays he's a very good player, was unlucky in the second half when he done the Hamilton player and was about to drive on but was hacked down

Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    Slivka should feel a wee bit hard done by. The manager picks the team, but based on last week's showing I don't think that DS could have complained if Slivka kept the shirt.
    Agreed, he drove us forward and never wasted many passes, unlike the rest of the outfield players. His first touch is usually forward thinking. Had he been brought on earlier he might have sparked the other outfield players into life. We played far to slow yesterday which caused the midfield to be too congested, I cant remember anyone knocking the ball into space for SM to chase, other than his first half chance, which he is superb at doing, that left him isolated upfront.

Quote Originally Posted by samcrowe View Post
    You can see when he plays he's a very good player, was unlucky in the second half when he done the Hamilton player and was about to drive on but was hacked down
    Yes ... probably the best thing any Hibs player did yesterday, great quick feet to take out the Hamilton player, but if an example were needed about being savvy the Hamilton player showed it by hacking him down, if he hadn't he had a near enough clear run in on goal .... it might have enraged us, but I bet his manager was chuffed with him.

Anyway ...... If its becoming a toss up between Slivka and Swanson then its not a question of whether Slivka deserves the shirt, its a question of does Swanson? and up to now I cant see that Swanson has made a strong enough case that it can be justified not to give Slivka the opportunity to start games and show what he can do ... especially given what he has shown so far when he does get on.

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Park View Post

Slivka's quality and should be playing every week that he's available.

Very poor decision by Lennon to leave him out yesterday, considering he didn't appear to be carrying any sort of knock.

He looked a bit lost when i saw him today heading into Lochend Park. 😎

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Slivka's quality and should be playing every week that he's available.

Very poor decision by Lennon to leave him out yesterday, considering he didn't appear to be carrying any sort of knock.
    Are you basing his quality on one game? Because he did very little yesterday to prove his quality. It is early days lets just see how good he is after 10 - 12 games. In the meantime lets leave the team selection to Lennon.

@hibs.net private member woodythehibee's Avatar
    Are you basing his quality on one game? Because he did very little yesterday to prove his quality. It is early days lets just see how good he is after 10 - 12 games. In the meantime lets leave the team selection to Lennon.
    Slivka did very little? He was the only player to get pass marks yesterday. Played really well and will hopefully start next week.

I thought he was decent yesterday, outstanding at Ibrox and caught the eye in the performances before that as well.

I really think we have a brilliant player (relatively speaking) on our hands and he should be playing every week.