hibs.net Messageboard

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedway View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    There are three first teamers yet to impress me this season and they are Whitty, Swanson and Marciano.
    What's Marciano done wrong?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

'S' Form
    Quote Originally Posted by alihibs1 View Post
    What's Marciano done wrong?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    IMHO his distribution is poor. He just can't pick out one of our players from his kicks.

Coaching Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by PeeJay View Post
    Overall a well-deserved victory for a decent Hamilton TEAM - we were poor all over the park, but particularly in defence - may be a good lesson for the team at this early stage of the season: no point winning in Glasgow if you slip up at home -
    Spot on

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Busy Bear View Post
    IMHO his distribution is poor. He just can't pick out one of our players from his kicks.
    Spilling shots, kicking out straight to a Hun last week, poor distribution and not great at corners.

Apart from that 10/10

Rocky saved two certain goals today mind. Fingertip touch in the first half and pushed a rocket of a shot from point blank onto the bar in the second

Left by mutual consent! Speedway's Avatar
    Any word from the gaffer yet?

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by neilmachibs View Post
    Jesus man chill the **** out! There's many more things in life that are a disgrace. Spit the foam out your mouth and take a few deep breaths. YES it can be accepted, it's 22 guys playing a game of sport, its acceptable that we might end up on the losing side from time to time. You're gonna have to accept this I'm afraid.
    I am not freaking out here, the same way you seem to have a problem with people saying that today was unacceptable, I am saying that people shouldnt just brush these sort of results and performances off. We were honking today all over the park, good teams don't accept results like these, the managers and players of the best teams in the leagues would call today unacceptable, why shouldn't the fans? I am pretty sure Lennon will think today was shocking! Don't get me confused with people that fly off the handle and call for managers to be sacked etc, I am in support of Lennon and this team but at the same time I can say that today was terrible and that these results shouldn't happen particularly with that performance.

There are three first teamers yet to impress me this season and they are Whitty, Swanson and Marciano.
    Harsh on Marcianno, he didn't do anything wrong. Can't blame him for any of the goals.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by 21.05.2016 View Post
    Harsh on Marcianno, he didn't do anything wrong. Can't blame him for any of the goals.
    Dont think he is blaming him, think he is referring to his distribution etc.

@hibs.net private member Hibernia&Alba's Avatar
    Abysmal defensive performance; in fact a slapdash attitude went right through the team. That second half was the worst in ages.

Credit to Accies, they were worthy winners. They have a tiny budget but continue fighting for their SPL status.
    HIBERNIAN FC - ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF HISTORY SINCE 1875

I hate this board sometimes. I know it can be down frustration and maybe having too high expectations, but do some people only come on H.net when we screw up? Funny how certain players can be picked out for criticism/abuse whereas others appear immune. We were poor all over the park - that can mean it was a mental thing as it is highly unlikely we would have so many players off form on exactly the same day. Maybe we took a win for granted but it can be a thin line between being confident about your abilities and the ole' hubris felly.
    Yes we were poor today but Hamilton should be given the praise they deserve and the loss shouldn't be put down just us being guff the day! Hamilton were excellent - literally from the first minute to the last. Seeing their goalie and the CH, who was my MOTM, going radge 'cos they lost a consolation goal at the end, summed up their first class attitude today.

Boyle was badly missed today. Barker, after a slightly nervy start, grew into the game and had a couple of promising runs. I think once he's up to speed fitness wise he could be a great player for us. Defence never looked comfortable today and I think today also showed the importance of big Marv against these counter attacking teams.

@hibs.net private member SRHibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Limit Break PSN ID: cyniUK
    Great 3rd goal by Hamilton, although it came as a result of sloppy play by us.

Coaching Staff
    All round shocker today - no-one with pass marks.

On the bright side, on that performance SJM will not be attracting any serious bids from anyone this transfer window.

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: wilson1875
    Agree with this. Marcianos been bang average so far.

What on earth has Marciano done wrong?

Actually mental that folk are starting on Marciano...2 excellent saves today stopped it being worse.

Not punching his weight?

I'll get ma coat.

The first two seem to be (from listening to the gurning bedwetters who sit near me at ER) the chosen scapegoats amongst the damp duvet brigade so far this year, and you're clearly jumping on the bandwagon. Your analysis of Marciano implies you have a seat at ER where you can't see the Hibs goal. And I notice that the Untouchable Lewis Stevenson fails to get a mention, despite the fact he was utterly rank today. So far, so predictable/unoriginal.

Quote Originally Posted by HFCDaveA View Post
    I am not freaking out here, the same way you seem to have a problem with people saying that today was unacceptable, I am saying that people shouldnt just brush these sort of results and performances off. We were honking today all over the park, good teams don't accept results like these, the managers and players of the best teams in the leagues would call today unacceptable, why shouldn't the fans? I am pretty sure Lennon will think today was shocking! Don't get me confused with people that fly off the handle and call for managers to be sacked etc, I am in support of Lennon and this team but at the same time I can say that today was terrible and that these results shouldn't happen particularly with that performance.
    Maybe tone down the rhetoric a bit man - I fully agree we were honking and terrible but **** happens in sport. You seriously saying you can't accept it?

Went back to work when the 3rd went in, I was raging, disgraceful performance all over the park with not one player getting pass marks. The defence which was solid last season looks inept and all over the place, midfield was slow and ponderous with zero zip in their passes and lackadaisical in their attitude and Stokes/Murray were starved of any real decent but when they did get a chance it was squandered.

A complete wake up call and I hope Lennon went through them like a dose of salts as that performance is totally unacceptable.

@hibs.net private member Stuart93's Avatar
    We missed a leader out on the pitch today, not one player grabbed the game by the scruff of the neck for us. I've heard mcginn being compared to scott brown but a massive difference being mcginn isn't a leader

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by neilmachibs View Post
    Maybe tone down the rhetoric a bit man - I fully agree we were honking and terrible but **** happens in sport. You seriously saying you can't accept it?
    I am not ready to accept it as being ok. We need a mindset at the club that doesn't accept these types of results as being ok. It's all about how we deal with performances like this. If everyone at the club accepts it and says it was just a bad day at the office then we will never move up that level. do you think Neil Lennon accepts those types of results? Would you tell him to calm down and say that **** happens if he said today's result and performance was unacceptable?

There is no doubt a number of players were off form and we seemed to struggle with the windy conditions more than Hamilton. Key for me now is that Lennon sits down and works out how Hamilton were tactically more astute on the day and effectively stopped our game.

First Team Breakthrough
    People complaining about Marciano's distribution but I can't think of any cases yesterday where he got it wrong? Possibly a little predictable inheritance aimed at Whittaker more often than not but Whittaker was winning his aerial battle esp 1st half

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: wilson1875
    Quote Originally Posted by HFC 0-7 View Post
    I am not ready to accept it as being ok. We need a mindset at the club that doesn't accept these types of results as being ok. It's all about how we deal with performances like this. If everyone at the club accepts it and says it was just a bad day at the office then we will never move up that level. do you think Neil Lennon accepts those types of results? Would you tell him to calm down and say that **** happens if he said today's result and performance was unacceptable?
    spot on Dave mate I thought that pub team mindset had died but there's obviously still issues. Lenny would never accept that result at celtic so doubt he'll accept it here. IMO we still have some players in our team that still have that average mentality and until we are rid of them we'll never progress to where we should be. We should be in europe every season and challenging for third at the bare minimum.

The first 30 minutes for me we were clearly getting nowhere with 5 defenders. Easy to say now but the atmosphere was flat. He could have changed to a four and chucked whitty in midfield. We could have played there all day and not scored with that original 11. For me Swanson is not effecting the play in behind the front two. I would rather stokes in there and Swanson wider.

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Was just taking a look back at the reaction to this game last September, and the frustrations and complaints that were aired were very similar to last weekends defeat at Livingston. Thankfully we didn’t see too many more performances like that and fingers crossed we’ll say the same at the end of this season.

@hibs.net private member Stevie Reid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Carheenlea View Post
    Was just taking a look back at the reaction to this game last September, and the frustrations and complaints that were aired were very similar to last weekends defeat at Livingston. Thankfully we didn’t see too many more performances like that and fingers crossed we’ll say the same at the end of this season.
    Last week was our most abject performance since 4-1 away to Aberdeen last December - however, that was away to a quality side after a 6 day period in which we also played the OF, so this game is definitely more comparable to last Saturday.

As you say, hopefully it will all come together. I still firmly believe that we have plenty of genuine quality, and more than a bit of steel in our squad. When everyone is fit and available, we'll be far more formidable.