hibs.net Messageboard

Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    @hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Broxburn
    Posts
    17,687

    Vodafone broadband

    Anyone taken up the recent offer of broadband and line rental from Vodafone ?
    It's 20 for the same package I am on just now which I currently pay 35 for .
    I can get double speed compared to what I have now for 30 which includes line rental.
    They are also offering a free gift when you sign up.

    Has anyone used them ?
    Are they reliable ?

    Cheers


  2. Log in to remove the advert

  3. #2
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,707
    Can only speak as a Vodafone network mobile phone user.

    They are a dreadful company, truly terrible service. The only company who have their own department dedicated to them within the Ombudsman Services.

  4. #3
    @hibs.net private member Galahibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Selkirk
    Age
    46
    Posts
    608
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Anyone taken up the recent offer of broadband and line rental from Vodafone ?
    It's 20 for the same package I am on just now which I currently pay 35 for .
    I can get double speed compared to what I have now for 30 which includes line rental.
    They are also offering a free gift when you sign up.

    Has anyone used them ?
    Are they reliable ?

    Cheers
    I've signed up for it. Like everyone else, they seem to have good and bad reviews, but most of thed seemed to be ok. I'm working on the assumption they can't be any worse than BT, which is basically buffering for about 30% of the time, with flashing orange lights at least twice a day meaning no internet whatsoever. Time will tell

  5. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by EskbankHibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Can only speak as a Vodafone network mobile phone user.

    They are a dreadful company, truly terrible service. The only company who have their own department dedicated to them within the Ombudsman Services.

    Gonna back that up with some info? I've been with Vodafone since goodness knows when, yeah I've had issues with them over the years but they'll admit if they've done something wrong, fix it and then throw money at you. What's not to like? 😎

  6. #5
    @hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Broxburn
    Posts
    17,687
    Quote Originally Posted by ColinNish View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Gonna back that up with some info? I've been with Vodafone since goodness knows when, yeah I've had issues with them over the years but they'll admit if they've done something wrong, fix it and then throw money at you. What's not to like? 😎
    Do you have their broadband ?

    Is it stable?
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

  7. #6
    @hibs.net private member sleeping giant's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Broxburn
    Posts
    17,687
    Quote Originally Posted by Galahibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I've signed up for it. Like everyone else, they seem to have good and bad reviews, but most of thed seemed to be ok. I'm working on the assumption they can't be any worse than BT, which is basically buffering for about 30% of the time, with flashing orange lights at least twice a day meaning no internet whatsoever. Time will tell
    Did you select a gift ?
    I'm sure you have to wait a month or two before you can request it.
    No Eternal Reward Shall Forgive Us Now For Wasting The Dawn

  8. #7
    @hibs.net private member Galahibby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2002
    Location
    Selkirk
    Age
    46
    Posts
    608
    Yeh, I think it said you have to wait til the 30 day cooling off period is up, then they send you an email with a code in it to pick what you want.

    Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

  9. #8
    @hibs.net private member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    1,707
    Quote Originally Posted by ColinNish View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Gonna back that up with some info? I've been with Vodafone since goodness knows when, yeah I've had issues with them over the years but they'll admit if they've done something wrong, fix it and then throw money at you. What's not to like? 😎
    Not my experience with them.

    Endless billing errors and terrible customer service, I eventually had to go to the Ombudsman who upheld my complaint. I did get cash out of them as you say but took an eternity to sort things out (including liaising with the Ombudsman).

  10. #9
    @hibs.net private member Just Alf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The 'Mains
    Posts
    2,735
    .
    "The word "genius" isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein."
    --Joe Theisman, NFL football quarterback & sports analyst.

  11. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by sleeping giant View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Do you have their broadband ?

    Is it stable?
    Sorry, no i don't. I was referring to their mobile division.

  12. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by EskbankHibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Not my experience with them.

    Endless billing errors and terrible customer service, I eventually had to go to the Ombudsman who upheld my complaint. I did get cash out of them as you say but took an eternity to sort things out (including liaising with the Ombudsman).
    Fair enough, different experiences.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
hibs.net ©2012 All Rights Reserved