hibs.net Messageboard

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Celtic ...... Premiership teams' windfall

If Celtic complete the business against Astana, apparently every other Premiership club will receive £365k, to be used for youth development. Probably a good reason to stop wishing failure on them as a matter of course.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If Celtic complete the business against Astana, apparently every other Premiership club will receive £365k, to be used for youth development. Probably a good reason to stop wishing failure on them as a matter of course.
    I heard that on Sportsound last night. Thought the figure was £270k though.

Every time I hear this, the figure changes.

Out of interest, where did you get yours from?

Regardless of the amount, I'm still not convinced it's a good thing.

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Double edged sword though as they will get hugely stronger. Will certainly come in useful for I am assuming smaller clubs in the premier league. Listened to sportsound and they seemed to be suggesting about 270k each which was put into some proportion when they mentioned the bottom team in the EPL got 95m while Celtic got 3m for winning our league. Also mentioned the money was more than some teams would get form the Ladbrokes deal..

First Team Breakthrough Hibbycol's Avatar
    longer they are in Europe the better for me ,takes their eyes off league and cup if they are playing midweek ,also tiredness and injuries and knocks to players that benefit us if we are playing in the said league and cup games and players are missing

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member
    Fair enough, it's a decent amount of cash but I still don't think it's beneficial for our game that one team, already miles ahead, is going to get an extra £30m+.

It's classic example of where things are in Scotland - we get scraps and are told to feel grateful.

It's short term thinking that is doing huge damage in the long run.

and how much do Celtic get? 40+ million?
    Last edited by MWHIBBIES; 18-08-2017 at 11:33 AM.

Do you think der Huns will knock it back lol, "here's a wee penny from your other ugly sister,now don't spend it all in the one shop now " lol.

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    Celtic have already been given £7mil just for being in the play-offs for the CL. Gaps already widening regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean1875 View Post
    Celtic have already been given £7mil just for being in the play-offs for the CL. Gaps already widening regardless.
    That's for the fines when the ultras put their next party banner on show, ooh politics madam !

Sorry but a team gaining £30m even if we get that is not a good thing. We need to stop relying on the success of other Scottish teams. That's a huge problem for Scotland.

I want every team in Europe from Scotland that ain't us knocked out. We have build great foundations at Hibs past couple of years, now we have moved up a gear again under Lennon. Without getting carried away 2nd could end up being a realistic target. But if not let's keep moving forward building a stronger squad and not have to reply on anyone else to earn a little more cash. We'll do that ourselves!

Quote Originally Posted by MWHIBBIES View Post
    and how much to Celtic get? 40+ million?
    Mention of 30 million minimum i think.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Future17 View Post
    Every time I hear this, the figure changes.

Out of interest, where did you get yours from?

Regardless of the amount, I'm still not convinced it's a good thing.
    Read it on KB and think they got it from the Daily ******. I understand the negative views but no point in cutting off your nose to spite your face.

Coaching Staff
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Myjo5984 Wii Code: 3916 0145 9394 9493
    Quote Originally Posted by JimBHibees View Post
    Double edged sword though as they will get hugely stronger. Will certainly come in useful for I am assuming smaller clubs in the premier league. Listened to sportsound and they seemed to be suggesting about 270k each which was put into some proportion when they mentioned the bottom team in the EPL got 95m while Celtic got 3m for winning our league. Also mentioned the money was more than some teams would get form the Ladbrokes deal..
    Realistically, even without the champions league money they would be miles and miles ahead of any other club in Scotland anyway. At least this way there is some residual benefit to scottish teams with some cash and a strong Celtic will continue to stop Rangers from winning which im more than happy with.

@hibs.net private member Mr White's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hibbycol View Post
    longer they are in Europe the better for me ,takes their eyes off league and cup if they are playing midweek ,also tiredness and injuries and knocks to players that benefit us if we are playing in the said league and cup games and players are missing

Hopefully we have them at easter road 4 days after a particularly tiring midweek trip that involved a terrible humping and some unrest within their squad.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr White View Post

Hopefully we have them at easter road 4 days after a particularly tiring midweek trip that involved a terrible humping and some unrest within their squad.
    amen to that .

Quote Originally Posted by Thecat23 View Post
    Sorry but a team gaining £30m even if we get that is not a good thing. We need to stop relying on the success of other Scottish teams. That's a huge problem for Scotland.

I want every team in Europe from Scotland that ain't us knocked out. We have build great foundations at Hibs past couple of years, now we have moved up a gear again under Lennon. Without getting carried away 2nd could end up being a realistic target. But if not let's keep moving forward building a stronger squad and not have to reply on anyone else to earn a little more cash. We'll do that ourselves!
    Agree it is a bit like paupers getting the scraps from the rich mans table. The whole champions league is a total sham and helps no one bar the teams involved and increases the chances of the same teams year after year which no doubt suits they clubs but as a competition or spectacle is boring with little or no chance of teams joining the party unless they get some oligarch taking over them.

Celtic ...... Premiership teams' windfall

We need to be getting to the group stages of the EUROPA cup ourselves. It's worth about £6m apparently. That is a sum of money that could changes Hibs fortunes significantly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Billy Whizz's Avatar
    Mention of 30 million minimum i think.
    Good luck to them, considering the worst team in theEnglsih Premier league gets a min £98 min, it's still low in European terms

Imagine be if we could ever get into this exclusive league😄

@hibs.net private member NORTHERNHIBBY's Avatar
    Seems like money for nothing. Straight into SJM's hipper to dissuade him from joining them is what I would do.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibbycol View Post
    Do you think der Huns will knock it back lol, "here's a wee penny from your other ugly sister,now don't spend it all in the one shop now " lol.

The 18-72 Statement and General Propaganda Committee will want some of that.
    Last edited by Mick O'Rourke; 18-08-2017 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr White View Post

We are scheduled to play them at Parkhead 3 or 4 days after the 2nd CL group stage match and at ER 3 or 4 days after the 6th group stage match.

@hibs.net private member Jack Hackett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    We need to be getting to the group stages of the EUROPA cup ourselves. It's worth about £6m apparently. That is a sum of money that could changes Hibs fortunes significantly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Primary reason why previously crap little clubs like Maribor, Braga etc are so far in front of us

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NORTHERNHIBBY View Post
    Seems like money for nothing. Straight into SJM's hipper to dissuade him from joining them is what I would do.
    I'm sure it's ring-fenced for youth development but an accountant could probably work his or her creative imagination in some respect.

Agree it is a bit like paupers getting the scraps from the rich mans table. The whole champions league is a total sham and helps no one bar the teams involved and increases the chances of the same teams year after year which no doubt suits they clubs but as a competition or spectacle is boring with little or no chance of teams joining the party unless they get some oligarch taking over them.
    Bang on Jim.

Read it on KB and think they got it from the Daily ******. I understand the negative views but no point in cutting off your nose to spite your face.
    It's £3m shared between the 11 other spl teams giving each team £272,000 each. Not to be sniffed at but yes we shouldn't be relying on celtic but we'll take the money and put it to good use I'm sure.

That's the reality of it. If we are battling for second to fourth spot that is realistic for us plus doing well in the cups. There will be no competition for the spl title until some other spl team has major,major investment in it and given there will be no return on the investment very unlikely to happen.

@hibs.net private member California-Hibs's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: BringTheCairds
    Quote Originally Posted by MyJo View Post
    Realistically, even without the champions league money they would be miles and miles ahead of any other club in Scotland anyway. At least this way there is some residual benefit to scottish teams with some cash and a strong Celtic will continue to stop Rangers from winning which im more than happy with.
    Pretty much where I'm at.

Quote Originally Posted by mjhibby View Post
    It's £3m shared between the 11 other spl teams giving each team £272,000 each. Not to be sniffed at but yes we shouldn't be relying on celtic but we'll take the money and put it to good use I'm sure.
    How soon do the clubs get the money as I'm sure I heard there's a club that wants to buy some seats

Quote Originally Posted by smack View Post
    How soon do the clubs get the money as I'm sure I heard there's a club that wants to buy some seats
    Not normally paid out until the end of that season.