hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    @hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Im sure there's a certain irony in there somewhere. Celtic funding Rangers.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by gloryhunter View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Could just spend that money on youth development and then use what we would have spent of our own money on whatever we like?
    Aye like a full size indoor training pitch

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    There's more about this in the papers this morning. Rodgers is milking it saying that all the other Scottish clubs should be fawning over Celtic's progress in the Champions League as it's financially fantastic for Scottish football. Personally I find his attitude and comments quite patronising and think in fact he's winding folk up. I've really gone off him, not that I ever did like him.
    Ach ... as soon as anybody gets the Celtic gig they seem to turn into a slaver ... look at Gordon Strachan, witty and funny as Southampton manager and then turned into a sarcastic, defensive prat after 10 minutes at Celtic.

First Team Regular ruthven_raiders's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil MaGlass View Post
    Aye like a full size indoor training pitch
    That's in the pipeline according to leeann, the next stage in the development of East Mains

Quote Originally Posted by ruthven_raiders View Post
    That's in the pipeline according to leeann, the next stage in the development of East Mains
    Aye ah ken. Wis just addin :-)

Blog Entries
    Nobody can argue that a few thousand quid is not to be sniffed at but I think things are going in the wrong direction in terms of rooting for success for one of your rivals. It is completely foreign to one of the fundamental forces of supporting a team ......... schadenfreude ......... the natural desire for your team to do well and for your opponents to do badly, and enjoying the misery that that brings. Stuff the coefficiancy argument for all that's worth. The same teams have been at the top for decades and there's no evidence to suggest that things are going to change in the near or distant future. Celtic's 'success can only breed success for them, not for us mere mortals. I would happily wave ta ta to a few grand if it meant our friends in the west were knocked off their self perpetuiting financial crutch.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by NAE NOOKIE View Post
    Ach ... as soon as anybody gets the Celtic gig they seem to turn into a slaver ... look at Gordon Strachan, witty and funny as Southampton manager and then turned into a sarcastic, defensive prat after 10 minutes at Celtic.
    Mowbray too.