hibs.net Messageboard

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Jack red card

Quote Originally Posted by hibees 7062 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Congalves as well . How many red cards need to be rescinded before they have a look at the refs ?
    Motherwell defender Charles Dunne had one of the two red cards he received inside a week overturned too (rightly IMO - the St J player dived for a penalty and he was the one who should have been sent off, but what do you expect from Craig Thomson?).

Motherwell failed in a bid to reverse the dismissal of goalie Trevor Carson, also against St J. Handling outside his box. Amazingly, Thomson looked to have got that one right. It may have been on the say so of his assistant though. I'm not sure.
    Last edited by emerald green; 17-08-2017 at 06:02 PM.

2. Log in to remove the advert

When viewing the incident from behind Ryan Jack, you can clearly see him making a forward motion with his head.

Not much in it really but it is a red card.

Quote Originally Posted by hibees 7062 View Post
    Congalves as well . How many red cards need to be rescinded before they have a look at the refs ?
    This ! In fact, the SFA should issue a public apology for every red card they rescind simply because of the impact it has on the game and the paying public. What t says about the referees who hand them out... don't get me started.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean1875 View Post
    The SFA have potentially opened a can of worms here.. Jack can clearly be seen motioning his head forwards in video. If this one is rescinded then there's going to be plenty appeals this season for the same thing which will be very closely scrutinised for their result now!
    They need to issue an explanation to the paying public and clubs as to why they think a red was not warranted. May be do ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/40967579

And how is this any different to Hearts training with 10 men - and were brought to book by the authorities ?

Quote Originally Posted by samcrowe View Post
    I see the sfa have rescinded Ryan jacks red card. Unsure why to be honest.
    That's a joke. Footage clearly showed him going in with the head. Beaton was correct imo. I think after the behaviour of Rangers and their bawbag fans that Hibs should challenge the panel's decision. Must be a further tribunal/judicial review mechanism available.

Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post

And how is this any different to Hearts training with 10 men - and were brought to book by the authorities ?
    Robbie Neilson was given a 2 match suspended touchline ban just 2 years ago for publicly stating that he practiced in training with 10 men whenever he found himself in certain situations and with certain officials in charge.

I look forward to Caixinha receiving the same treatment.

First Team Breakthrough BigT-Hibeez's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: Hibeez68
    I'm sure I read somewhere that Beaton and the other ref that dished out the red cards have both been demoted to refereeing in the championship this weekend..

Quote Originally Posted by LondonHibeez View Post
    I'm sure I read somewhere that Beaton and the other ref that dished out the red cards have both been demoted to refereeing in the championship this weekend..
    Beaton's doing Dunfermline-Falkirk this weekend.

Left by mutual consent!
    Loving how much meltdown we've caused over the past few years at Ibrox,top notch material 😁

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Onion View Post

If Cathro had came out with that everyone in Scotland would've slaughtered him and burst out laughing and rightly so.

Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    The thing is a precedent has been set with this. I don't think he made contact with Stokes, but in the past that didn't matter. It seems the rules have been changed, and as long as that remains consistent throughout the season then I don't have a problem with red card being rescinded.
    Precedents don't really apply - there is no interest in consistency.

Albeit remember that 3 years ago now (i think?) Kris Boyd clearly head butted Jordon Forster at Ibrox but was found to be "not proven"! They make it up as they go along

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    Beaton's doing Dunfermline-Falkirk this weekend.
    Houston will be loving that.. Beaton will be reluctant to dish out any reds, knowing he will be monitored closely..

@hibs.net private member Carheenlea's Avatar
    Sometimes the camera does lie.
    From my seat looking right down the line of the incident the butting motion was clear as day. The guys round about me all reacted immediately on seeing it, and the referee was right next to the incident as well. From the standard television pictures it was hard to really see, but one camera from behind opposite end to us showed it a bit clearer, but not as clear as our view. The referee has been undermined big time here, and Beaton must be absolutely livid.

Blog Entries
    It's not necessarily a demotion. All the supposed top refs take several championship games a season. We had Beaton, Thomson & unfortunately Muir a few times in last couple of seasons.

Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by brog View Post
    It's not necessarily a demotion. All the supposed top refs take several championship games a season. We had Beaton, Thomson & unfortunately Muir a few times in last couple of seasons.
    Yeah, but the article I read was implying that this was some form of punishment, and it is the 2 refs who were dishing out reds last weekend.. Conspiracy theory time!!

Yeah, but the article I read was implying that this was some form of punishment, and it is the 2 refs who were dishing out reds last weekend.. Conspiracy theory time!!
    That's because the press want to have conflict rather than say that it was just their turn.

There will always be red cards rescinded as long as players cheat particularly in penalty shouts.FIFA has tried to make it easier for refs by differentiating between fouls in the area.

Quote Originally Posted by Springbank View Post
    Like many Hibs fans I wouldn't mind seeing Hearts beat Rangers this weekend.

However, in reality, Hearts are a shambles.

It will be 5-1 to Rangers, just like the 1996 Scottish Cup Final #SpecialRelationship
    MANY Hibs fans?
    I'm amazed there's as much as 3 here wanting them to win!!
    I NEVER EVER want Hearts to win. The only possible scenario would be if them winning was for our benefit.
    No, its Hearts beat, preferably emphatically EVERY time they play.

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    in my more mature years i don't mind hertz winning 3 or 4 games in the season, coincidentally the 3 or 4 times just happen to be against the one team........the filthy vile govan bigots

well, maybe drawing they 3 or 4 games is more acceptable :)
    Last edited by cabbageandribs1875; 18-08-2017 at 01:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    Jack reminds me of a limited Ian Black.
    Papering over the cracks? 🙄

Quote Originally Posted by Sir David Gray View Post
    When viewing the incident from behind Ryan Jack, you can clearly see him making a forward motion with his head.

Not much in it really but it is a red card.
    And that's the view of the referee. I thought it
    was all cleared up after Sportscene commentary team
    we're all in agreement that it was a straight red, but hey,
    what do they or thousands of viewers and the referee know.
    Scottish FA, rotten tomatoes.

Don't know about a conspiracy, facts are there for
    all to see. This stinks from the SFA.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler Durden View Post
    Precedents don't really apply - there is no interest in consistency.

Albeit remember that 3 years ago now (i think?) Kris Boyd clearly head butted Jordon Forster at Ibrox but was found to be "not proven"! They make it up as they go along
    I fear you're correct, but any player accused of the same thing will be able to use this incident as a defence.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member staunchhibby's Avatar
    In view of the recent decision regardig Jacks red card being rescinded i wonder if we will see some player take legal action in response to an incident and wonder what the S.F.A reaction will be.looks like the refs are being undermined and how will long will they take that.

Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    in my more mature years i don't mind hertz winning 3 or 4 games in the season, coincidentally the 3 or 4 times just happen to be against the one team........the filthy vile govan bigots

well, maybe drawing they 3 or 4 games is more acceptable :)

I want a draw, with four sent off from both sides.

So when do we get to the point where the only person to be punished in this whole scenario will be Lennon?! If so you really couldn't make it up.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: EdinburghHibee86
    I wrote something similar on another thread before seeing this one. But, the only thing I can think of is that the ref didn't see the head butt and has given the red for something else and the orcs have challenged the wording of the charge against jack. For instance is the ref thought jack punched Dylan in the first scuffle and has wrote that in the report then the cards been dropped as there was no punch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk