hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jack red card

Wonder which former player was on the panel.

2. Log in to remove the advert

Quote Originally Posted by ancient hibee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Wonder which former player was on the panel.
    I do not know the name of the former player who was on the panel today.
    Daryll Broadfoot,football writer and sometime sportsound pundit was on it
    He was on Sportsound on Monday night and refused/was unable to comment on the red card appeals,as he said he would be on the panel today.

I get the impression that a lot of people on here don't realise that the panel is pretty independent of the SFA.

Absolute ******* joke. Headbutts obviously allowed now.

@hibs.net private member lapsedhibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    Absolute ******* joke. Headbutts obviously allowed now.
    They possibly heard the audio evidence that it wasn't so much a headbutt as Jack offering his head to Stokesy.

Like many Hibs fans I wouldn't mind seeing Hearts beat Rangers this weekend.

However, in reality, Hearts are a shambles.

It will be 5-1 to Rangers, just like the 1996 Scottish Cup Final #SpecialRelationship

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by hibbie02 View Post
    There are far fewer Red Cards in England as the refereeing standards are much higher. Scottish Refs are a joke. The SFA are about as bad as they don't seem to support the refs, making the whole thing a farce.
    I think its mainly down to the fact they stop and think about it first before carding players.

In Scotland refs just jump in with cards flailing and hope they get it right.

Last weeks game was a case in point, Beaton had around 15 players round him, all were pushing, shoving and making jestures yet he only saw fit to give 1 red card for a head butt?

If ever there was a case for a referee to get his assistants together and ask what they saw that was it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by hibbie02 View Post
    There are far fewer Red Cards in England as the refereeing standards are much higher. Scottish Refs are a joke. The SFA are about as bad as they don't seem to support the refs, making the whole thing a farce.
    Be surprised if this was true. For starters there are 4 more games a week in the top flight and much more in the lower leagues. But even beyond that I think you're more likely to be given a red for a bad tackle than you are in Scotland.

I have zero stats to back this up with although even with the weekend just past only one of the Scottish ones were for a bad tackle and I think that was actually a second yellow.

Edit - Now if it's violent conduct yer after then the SPFL is yer game!

@hibs.net private member Bishop Hibee's Avatar
    To be fair to Beaton, Jack was the most aggressive player in the melee by far. I expect Hibs players to be sent off for less this season and not have the red rescinded.
    "Washing one's hands of the conflict between the powerful and the powerless means to side with the powerful, not to be neutral.' - Paulo Freire

@hibs.net private member JimBHibees's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    The one I feel sorry for is Beaton. He had the balls to take the action he thought was necessary and his bosses have hung him out to dry.
    How do you think he'll call the next similar incident?
    Aye, and I wouldn't blame him.
    Agree he undoubtedly gave the right decision and it is bizarrely overturned and as you say hung him out to dry.

@hibs.net private member greenlex's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick O'Rourke View Post
    I do not know the name of the former player who was on the panel today.
    Daryll Broadfoot,football writer and sometime sportsound pundit was on it
    He was on Sportsound on Monday night and refused/was unable to comment on the red card appeals,as he said he would be on the panel today.
    Fairly certain Daryls comment was made with tongue firmly in cheek as he didn't want to dissect the incident for whatever reason.
    I think it's the right decision. It was a squaring up and locking horns nothing more. Both equally as culpable. The correct decision at the time would have been a yellow each. We dodged a bullet there.

@hibs.net private member Dan Sarf's Avatar
    "OK, Darryl, see that bit of footage there where Jack headbutts the Hibs player?"
    "I can see it, Vincent. Clear as day."
    "No you can't."
    "What?"
    "You can't see it. It never happened."
    "But I can, Vincent! It's the bit after Jack tried to strangle the Hibs boy."
    "You like this job, don't you, Darryl."
    "Yes, it's a very great honour, Vincent. Have you got something in your eye?"
    "You get free tickets for big games, don't you? And lots of other wee... benefits, shall we say?"
    "Yes. And I really appreciate them too, Vincent."
    "OK, look again, Darryl. And think carefully now. Can you see Jack headbutt the Hibs player?"
    "On seconds thoughts, I don't think I can, Vincent."
    "What about the strangling?
    "Never happened, Vincent. Definitely."
    "Good boy, Darryl. Good boy."

Sevco fans clutching at straws saying they'd have won if Jack hadn't been deservedly sent off. Aye ok. They bottled it when Hibs scored. What will be their excuse when we turn them over at Easter Road?

Left by mutual consent!
    Sevco fans clutching at straws saying they'd have won if Jack hadn't been deservedly sent off. Aye ok. They bottled it when Hibs scored. What will be their excuse when we turn them over at Easter Road?
    Oh, these things even themselves up over the season.

I'm surprised so many om here were disappointed that the red card was rescinded considering they done the exact same thing when Fat Boy Boyd did the same thing to Foster at Ibrox a few years back As the rules state, you just need to go through the motions of a head butt to get a red card! With Boyd, the SFA said their was insufficient evidences, even though it was caught on camera (even a close up ) during the same game, the big hopeless CH got a 2 game ban for aiming a punch at Fontaine.

Testimonial Due
    I am far from convinced that they would have won. From 20 minutes on , we were well back in the game. In the end Jack gets a 60 minute sin bin . Strange but after all the tears and petitions,
    not so surprised. Good bet no rangers player will be sent off for next 8 weeks !

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Fairly certain Daryls comment was made with tongue firmly in cheek

It was definitely said as a joke!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by KWJ View Post
    Be surprised if this was true. For starters there are 4 more games a week in the top flight and much more in the lower leagues. But even beyond that I think you're more likely to be given a red for a bad tackle than you are in Scotland.

I have zero stats to back this up with although even with the weekend just past only one of the Scottish ones were for a bad tackle and I think that was actually a second yellow.

You don't measure red cards by a total, it's by a ratio of # of red cards to games played. I know about 3 years ago our ratio was double that of English top flight though England was lowest in Europe at that time. Don't know current ratio but suspect England will still be significantly lower than Scotland.
    Re Jack's appeal, did The Rangers not win an appeal last season, possibly against a retrospective ban, which should have been a no brainer? Beaton's yellow card for the assault by Garner was also a shocker.

i guess its good news for hertz then if this useless wee clown will be playing , they will just send in laffin boy to noise him up and he will take the bait again

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bishop Hibee View Post
    To be fair to Beaton, Jack was the most aggressive player in the melee by far. I expect Hibs players to be sent off for less this season and not have the red rescinded.
    The thing is a precedent has been set with this. I don't think he made contact with Stokes, but in the past that didn't matter. It seems the rules have been changed, and as long as that remains consistent throughout the season then I don't have a problem with red card being rescinded.

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member hibbie02's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KWJ View Post

Sorry I was comparing the Prem Leagues in both countries.

Quote Originally Posted by euro Hibby View Post
    I am far from convinced that they would have won. From 20 minutes on , we were well back in the game. In the end Jack gets a 60 minute sin bin . Strange but after all the tears and petitions,
    not so surprised. Good bet no rangers player will be sent off for next 8 weeks !
    We still woulda pumped them if they had 2 Ryan Jack's.

Jack reminds me of a limited Ian Black.

Jack reminds me of a limited Ian Black.
    He's like a poor mans Fyvie , and i didnt think Fyvie was all that great

Quote Originally Posted by greenlex View Post
    Fairly certain Daryls comment was made with tongue firmly in cheek as he didn't want to dissect the incident for whatever reason.
    I think it's the right decision. It was a squaring up and locking horns nothing more. Both equally as culpable. The correct decision at the time would have been a yellow each. We dodged a bullet there.
    Was he not on the judicial panel today then, and just avoiding the topic on Monday's radio show?
    If he was on the panel, i would have thought it would be very unlikely he would make judgements on a radio show prior to that.

You last sentence?
    A phrase i would not expect to hear from our manager in interviews.
    Some would say he should sometimes "bite the bullet" though

There is footage from different angles on the nutting incident.
    Did the panel view them all? I doesn't appear so.
    One clearly shows more than "heads coming together",(which is a ludicrous term in the first place)
    Last edited by Mick O'Rourke; 17-08-2017 at 06:59 PM.

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    We scored overall as they went down to ten men when either both or neither player between he and Stokes should have walked. Still think Murray's goal should have stood though and whilst the whistle was blown early there was no way Foderingham was saving that.

@hibs.net private member
    Not just at Easter Road but watch out for the faux scandal every time they are beaten. They will have the media concentrate on anything other than their shortcomings. Count on it.

@hibs.net private member Argylehibby's Avatar
    Does it perhaps depend on what reason Beaton gave for the red card in his report? If he didn't say it was for the head-butt but for the incident with DM would that enable the panel to throw it out?

Having got away with this one, the next thing will be a retrospective appeal to get Duncan Ferguson's red card rescinded and have his criminal record quashed.:

It was a red card all day long. If you quite clearly move your head towards someone on a football pitch you should be sent off. That's not saying stokesy shouldn't have been send off however, just makes it even more funnier though!

Sent from my F3211 using Tapatalk