hibs.net Messageboard

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Brandon Barker

Blog Entries
    I'm a bit worried about all these decent players coming into the club thinking they're maybe going to set the heather on fire, when we all know they're not going to get a game. Did Lennon and Leeann not warn them that they are just making up the numbers? Seriously 'tho, I'm sure that every signing is coming to ER with eyes wide open and in the knowledge that there will be healthy competition for every position and that Lennon will deploy everybody's talent as and when necessary. He'll certainly not be losing sleep worrying about his 'fortunate' problem.

2. Log in to remove the advert

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=F5XTTtJl0wI

Good goal. I look forward to seeing how that celebration goes down at Ibrox!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim44 View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm a bit worried about all these decent players coming into the club thinking they're maybe going to set the heather on fire, when we all know they're not going to get a game. Did Lennon and Leeann not warn them that they are just making up the numbers? Seriously 'tho, I'm sure that every signing is coming to ER with eyes wide open and in the knowledge that there will be healthy competition for every position and that Lennon will deploy everybody's talent as and when necessary. He'll certainly not be losing sleep worrying about his 'fortunate' problem.
    Players from the EPL don't always manage to adjust to the pace of the Scottish game. They think they are great players because they are lined up to massive clubs and get frustrated when they don't get game time and when they do they don't get the time on the ball that they get in England so they can show their skills before they get clattered by a trademark, industrial tackle.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Colr View Post
    Players from the EPL don't always manage to adjust to the pace of the Scottish game. They think they are great players because they are lined up to massive clubs and get frustrated when they don't get game time and when they do they don't get the time on the ball that they get in England so they can show their skills before they get clattered by a trademark, industrial tackle.
    I can't argue with that but it's not the point I'm making. I'm just saying that there is nothing wrong with having more than one potential first pick player in every position. I'm sure these 'second pick' players are well aware of competition for places, which goes with the territory of being part of a team. I'm delighted that Lennon will find it really difficult to name his first choice team.

First Team Regular
    https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.mcf...utch-side/amp/

Interesting to see that barker and the double barrelled Loanee from citeh who has ended up at hearts were both at Breda together; the manager thought barker was useful but Smith-brown a 'dime a dozen player'

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SonOfDavidFrancey View Post
    https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.mcf...utch-side/amp/

Interesting to see that barker and the double barrelled Loanee from citeh who has ended up at hearts were both at Breda together; the manager thought barker was useful but Smith-brown a 'dime a dozen player'
    At least we've landed the best of a poor bunch.

Left by mutual consent!
    At least we've landed the best of a poor bunch.

Our guy good, their boy *****! It's the way it should be.

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    Our guy good, their boy *****! It's the way it should be.
    Could say the same for every position on the pitch just now

Quote Originally Posted by Higgo View Post
    Have you ever considered quitting alcohol?
    I meant to answer you this morning but never got up until 2pm. my doctor once asked the very same question. the answer was a definite no, I could be deid next week. some might say, braw.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean1875 View Post
    Could say the same for every position on the pitch just now
    like where your going with that one

Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    I meant to answer you this morning but never got up until 2pm. my doctor once asked the very same question. the answer was a definite no, I could be deid next week. some might say, braw.

Everything in moderation

I can't argue with that but it's not the point I'm making. I'm just saying that there is nothing wrong with having more than one potential first pick player in every position. I'm sure these 'second pick' players are well aware of competition for places, which goes with the territory of being part of a team. I'm delighted that Lennon will find it really difficult to name his first choice team.
    cant really remember a time when we have had such an "array" of talent at the manager's disposal. Turnbull had a fantastic side but not the reqd. cover to compete with a good Celtic side. McLeish had a great side, but could not match up with the Rangers (auld) when it got down to the last few months. Don't mean we are on the verge of some great things, but the back up team is great in itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Higgo View Post

Everything in moderation
    top man. we all can do silly things at times but hey ho, we are only on this planet for a short period. let's enjoy what's left. ggtth

First Team Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    cant really remember a time when we have had such an "array" of talent at the manager's disposal. Turnbull had a fantastic side but not the reqd. cover to compete with a good Celtic side. McLeish had a great side, but could not match up with the Rangers (auld) when it got down to the last few months. Don't mean we are on the verge of some great things, but the back up team is great in itself.
    I agree, that's why it seems a bit different at the mo ; in the other eras you mention we folded when the injuries (brownlie's broken leg) and suspensions (Edwards, 63 days was it ?) kicked in. It feels almost like NL has brought us to a new level where Gray for example can't get a game and rather than hibs being a place where a guy like Barker might feel he should walk into the team he's going to have to work for it

@hibs.net private member & Biggest, Funniest Slaver on hibs.net 2012 Pedantic_Hibee's Avatar
    It's akin to my younger days on Championship Manager where I'd blow every last penny on a multitude of summer signings and then when it came to the first day of the season I'd look at my squad and think "aww nut, I've got a bit carried away here".

Suspect Rod has been gaffa taped to a chair somewhere in East Mains for the summer.
    "Play for the name on the front of the jersey and the supporters will remember the name on the back"

Just checking these out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNVhDNMQP_Q

Wow - some great tackling, dribbling, passes and goals. He looks a very good two footed player (yes, I know most players have two feet, but you know what I mean).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_88Ppjd86VE

Good attitude too!

Left by mutual consent!
    This kid looks the real deal. We are going places as a club and I cant wait to see Brandon in a green shirt.

Quote Originally Posted by theonlywayisup View Post
    Just checking these out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNVhDNMQP_Q

Wow - some great tackling, dribbling, passes and goals. He looks a very good two footed player (yes, I know most players have two feet, but you know what I mean).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_88Ppjd86VE

Good attitude too!
    I like his interview. Seems a level headed boy. He wants to play for Man City which shows the right level of ambition. But didn't come across as a billy big boots.

Imagine a front three of Barker, Murray and Boyle. The pace of that is frightening. Hold on. What about Stokes? The choices Lennon has to make will be very difficult especially when there are very few suspensions and injuries. The depth of the squad will really come in to its own as the season progresses.

Also, if the team plays well and attendances stay high then I can see us adding 2 or 3 more players in the January window to really push for the top of the league (or probably 2nd at best but you never know)