hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Brandon Barker

Quote Originally Posted by HoboHarry View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    According to more than a few on here we also didn't need a ginger heided squad player who had found his level in the Championship........
    not me though no a bad swap for Keatings after all

2. Log in to remove the advert

First Team Regular scm70nyd1973's Avatar
    Apologies in advance to those who don't like but - heard he can play in midfield too so could be a bit of a Retriever - might be a good pal of Fenton too (reference to deer chasing dug in park of course!). Sorry but couldn't resist !

Quote Originally Posted by scm70nyd1973 View Post
    Apologies in advance to those who don't like but - heard he can play in midfield too so could be a bit of a Retriever - might be a good pal of Fenton too (reference to deer chasing dug in park of course!). Sorry but couldn't resist !
    Away and bark at the moon ya bam.........

😑

Actually I am now in the anti pun camp - I have been working from home and all day my Golden Retriever aka feching dug (at least for today) has been barking at the wee scabby dug next door - I am well pi**ed aff so I am - in fact to give you an idea of how bad it is I am almost as hacked off as I was when that wee scrote Wayne bloody Foster scored in the last minute against us in the cup - he should still be on his way down from Mitchell's boot !!!!

@hibs.net private member Viva_Palmeiras's Avatar
    Actually I am now in the anti pun camp - I have been working from home and all day my Golden Retriever aka feching dug (at least for today) has been barking at the wee scabby dug next door - I am well pi**ed aff so I am - in fact to give you an idea of how bad it is I am almost as hacked off as I was when that wee scrote Wayne bloody Foster scored in the last minute against us in the cup - he should still be on his way down from Mitchell's boot !!!!
    Was it not Beaumont?
    "We know the people who have invested so far are simple fans." Vladimir Romanov - Scotsman 10th December 2012
    "Romanov was like a breath of fresh air - laced with cyanide." Me.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    Was it not Beaumont?

Aye it sure was. Remember it like it was yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by VivaPalmeiras View Post
    Was it not Beaumont?
    Might've been - given that neither of the two defenders even tried to do a Neil Berry on Paul Wright type of tackle (not our style but I would have let it go just the once of course) the very least that one of them could've done was to push the blood stained dog turd type strip wearer over the fence - as you can see I am not bitter and I have mellowed over the years ! Last minute goals in the cup have been more acceptable these days !!

Also sincere apologies to Mitch if he is looking in - he was a great servant to our fine Club so he was.

Was Mitch not Miller's first signings or at least one of the first few - mind's gone.

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: hibee-87
    Quote Originally Posted by monktonharp View Post
    that's not what they said about Ilenda Marcos. mind you, she did have 4 thousand pairs(that's 8k shoes) in her wardrobe. as for class As, what's that? my main point is that we don't need another wonderboy, a bit like the Chelsea kid that never kicked a ba'. Some kid coming into our league who is earning silly money, working for a team like ours just does not cut it for me.
    We took a young hungry player on loan from celtic who turned into a hero we all want back. Some loans work, some dont.

This guy has played 22 games in the second tier of Dutch football and the team he was in got promoted. Islam Feruz from Chelsea had a career littered with loans with 1 or 2 appearances, some cut short and him sent home due to his attitude. To compare them is ridiculous.

The guy may turn out to be tom kite, but by all accounts he is highly rated and unlike other loans we have had from down there he wont be playing in a crap team struggling with confidence. He will be coming into a team brimming with it, and playing some nice football. Maybe, just maybe, he will love it here. As with any signing its a gamble, and a relatively risk free one from out point of view.

@hibs.net private member
    Was Mitch not Miller's first signings or at least one of the first few - mind's gone.
    Yep, him Dougie Bell and Tam McIntyre in the space of a few days around christmas. I think the first game I saw them all play was a game we somehow drew 2-2 with the Yams where we should have put 7 or 8 past them.
    Last edited by allezsauzee; 17-08-2017 at 07:49 AM.

Jeez oh - trigger happy here - yup I remember a treble signing - was it not at the end of the year - maybe 85 ? So if I am right Miller joined us during the season that the poppy thieves won the league and cup double - wait a minute my memory isnae that bad.

Quote Originally Posted by allezsauzee View Post
    Yep, him Dougie Bell and Tam McIntyre in the space of a few days around christmas. I think the first game I saw them all play was a game we somehow drew 2-2 with the Yams where we should have put 7 or 8 past them.
    Sorry I should've read the whole post - yeah I seem to remember driving through from Glasgow and hearing this on the car tranny at about this time - don't recall the 2-2 but I mustve been there .

@hibs.net private member mutley's Avatar
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: mutley074
    I just hope he comes from a good pedigree, and goes on to help us winalot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

First Team Breakthrough DirtyDeeds's Avatar
    so's my wife, my daughter and my grandaughters. all in my eyes, but........why would we be interested in loaning a player who is earning 10k a week, yes a week? who also has some kind of training shoes obsession , so much so that he is prepared to buy them for £2000 a pair then shove them in the cupboard until he gets enough until he cant shut the door? we don't need his kind and I'd be glad if it falls through. End Of. pity about his auld man's 40k merc getting knocked though
    You contribute some absolutely baffling nonsense when the wee small hours arrive. Young guy has a harmless interest in spending his money on a footwear collection, thus deserves to be immediately dismissed as a potential signing? He went on loan to the Dutch second tier last season and helped the team get promoted. Doesnt strike me as a 'fancy Dan' who thinks he's above doing the necessary to get experience to further his career. I assume Stokes and Boyle's recent criminal conviction makes them equally unworthy of a gig with us? Hoping the lad comes and tears it up, might put you back in your box for a bit. Absolute slavour.

@hibs.net private member Hibernian Verse's Avatar
    This thread has turned into a total dogs dinner

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Outrageous comment about no wanting the lad cos he makes good money and buys nice things. 99% of professional footballers who are making good money have expensive trainers, cars, watches, houses, clothes etc

@hibs.net private member CropleyWasGod's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Milkinho View Post
    This thread has turned into a total dogs dinner

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk
    I'd say it was a cat-astrophe, but I'd get Huckleberry-ed.

Left by mutual consent!
    so's my wife, my daughter and my grandaughters. all in my eyes, but........why would we be interested in loaning a player who is earning 10k a week, yes a week? who also has some kind of training shoes obsession , so much so that he is prepared to buy them for £2000 a pair then shove them in the cupboard until he gets enough until he cant shut the door? we don't need his kind and I'd be glad if it falls through. End Of. pity about his auld man's 40k merc getting knocked though
    Have you ever considered quitting alcohol?

Is he from Staffordshire? Or is that just bull?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

@hibs.net private member Sean1875's Avatar
    Hopefully we can get this one over the line today - wonder what the chances would be of seeing him get 15/20 minutes on Saturday?

@hibs.net private member
    Sorry I should've read the whole post - yeah I seem to remember driving through from Glasgow and hearing this on the car tranny at about this time - don't recall the 2-2 but I mustve been there .
    Dougie Bell and Mickey Weir tore them apart but as was the way under Lexo in derby matches we failed to get the result we deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyDeeds View Post
    You contribute some absolutely baffling nonsense when the wee small hours arrive. Young guy has a harmless interest in spending his money on a footwear collection, thus deserves to be immediately dismissed as a potential signing? He went on loan to the Dutch second tier last season and helped the team get promoted. Doesnt strike me as a 'fancy Dan' who thinks he's above doing the necessary to get experience to further his career. I assume Stokes and Boyle's recent criminal conviction makes them equally unworthy of a gig with us? Hoping the lad comes and tears it up, might put you back in your box for a bit. Absolute slavour.
    Shoes I can accept, but see if he's got a collection of Beats by Dre headphones and a shoulder bag smaller than an Alsatian, I swear I'll do time.

Quote Originally Posted by Hibee87 View Post
    We took a young hungry player on loan from celtic who turned into a hero we all want back. Some loans work, some dont.

This guy has played 22 games in the second tier of Dutch football and the team he was in got promoted. Islam Feruz from Chelsea had a career littered with loans with 1 or 2 appearances, some cut short and him sent home due to his attitude. To compare them is ridiculous.

The guy may turn out to be tom kite, but by all accounts he is highly rated and unlike other loans we have had from down there he wont be playing in a crap team struggling with confidence. He will be coming into a team brimming with it, and playing some nice football. Maybe, just maybe, he will love it here. As with any signing its a gamble, and a relatively risk free one from out point of view.
    His attitude appears to have been questioned by some Rotherham fans when on loan there: http://boards.footymad.net/showthread.php?t=37823910

However, that was two years ago and he was/is a young guy. Like Feruz, I'm sure he will be given the opportunity to prove himself here and, if it doesn't work out, no harm done.

Seriously - does anyone in their right mind think that NL would tolerate an on-loan youngster with a crap attitude in the dressing room? He would be sent back from whence he came PDQ.....

Gamer IDs

PSN ID: N/A
    Quote Originally Posted by Sean1875 View Post
    Hopefully we can get this one over the line today - wonder what the chances would be of seeing him get 15/20 minutes on Saturday?
    Would be a good game to unleash him in

@hibs.net private member jacomo's Avatar
    Seriously - does anyone in their right mind think that NL would tolerate an on-loan youngster with a crap attitude in the dressing room? He would be sent back from whence he came PDQ.....

I'll admit to knowing nothing about him til we registered our interest.

But he seems very, very highly rated at Man City - hence the big contract.

I don't think we need to worry about him being a waster.

If there are any attitude issues, which I doubt there will be, then I'm pretty sure that NL will sort it out quickly and help the lad develop. At the end of the day he isn't going to get a game unless he is good enough and benefits the team so its not going to be an issue anyway. I think he will do well and look forward to seeing him if he signs