hibs.net Messageboard

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Midweek games

Quote Originally Posted by Ozyhibby View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I prefer the one horse race to the two horse race. Neither of them were my horse anyway but at least we can piss ourself laughing at the horse that dropped out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member cabbageandribs1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    2-0 Real Madrid, they are putting on an absolute master class here. Modric has been outstanding.

been impressed with Modric for a few years now, an able replacement for SJM when/if he moves on

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cabbageandribs1875 View Post
    been impressed with Modric for a few years now, an able replacement for SJM when/if he moves on
    He'd have to up his work rate a bit

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member Lancs Harp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lord bunberry View Post
    He'd have to up his work rate a bit
    and get his hair cut.

@hibs.net private member lord bunberry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancs Harp View Post
    and get his hair cut.
    True

United we stand here....

@hibs.net private member Biggie's Avatar
    Major surgery required at barca.....umtiti wouldn't get a game for hibs.....
    "I don't have any regrets about not moving during my playing career. I was born a Hibee, my dad was a Hibee, I will stay a Hibee and I'll die a Hibee." -Lawrie Reilly

Quote Originally Posted by Biggie View Post
    Major surgery required at barca.....umtiti wouldn't get a game for hibs.....
    Their much lauded academy is, unsurprisingly, not producing players of the standard of Xavi, Ineista, Piques and Messi and their replacement signings for retiring and departed players are also unsurprisingly not of the same qualities.

Real Madrid meanwhile sell and replace quickly and effectively for their style remaining a strong force for the foreseeable.

Testimonial Due
    if Real Madrid win this game means Portsmouth have cost me £1,600 - stupidly put portsmouth on thinking it was their 1st team vs Fulham youth, william hill had them advertised as just portsmouth on the selections vs fulham youth. Game ended 3.3 portsmouth conceding in the 85th minute! sickening

@hibs.net private member Biggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RossScott1991 View Post
    if Real Madrid win this game means Portsmouth have cost me £1,600 - stupidly put portsmouth on thinking it was their 1st team vs Fulham youth, william hill had them advertised as just portsmouth on the selections vs fulham youth. Game ended 3.3 portsmouth conceding in the 85th minute! sickening
    Oooooh, I feel your pain..
    "I don't have any regrets about not moving during my playing career. I was born a Hibee, my dad was a Hibee, I will stay a Hibee and I'll die a Hibee." -Lawrie Reilly

@hibs.net private member
    That's a sickener. Would you be able to get that part of the bet voided if they've misrepresented the teams?

Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    Celtic are some unit under Rodgers. I could see them having another unbeaten domestic league season, although the Champions League might deflect their attentions.

Don't see how they need McGinn at present. I'm pretty confident he'll be with us for the season.
    I fancy us to end their unbeaten run.

Sergey - is Bullard still manager at leatherhead??

Testimonial Due
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    That's a sickener. Would you be able to get that part of the bet voided if they've misrepresented the teams?
    my mistake, i checked it all, they just fielded some youngsters but it was their first team. Even worse ! gutted haha

Promising Youngster Tony Bobulinski's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Danderhall Hibs View Post
    New format for that competition this season. Looks like it's gone to group stages from the start with 16 premier league and championship sides entering their u23 sides amongst the usual league one and two senior sides.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by hibeemikey21 View Post
    Sergey - is Bullard still manager at leatherhead??
    No. He does soccer am now.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by absentee View Post
    New format for that competition this season. Looks like it's gone to group stages from the start with 16 premier league and championship sides entering their u23 sides amongst the usual league one and two senior sides.
    I thought the bookie had stated the teams incorrectly.

Quote Originally Posted by SJNB Hibby View Post
    How???

UEFA solidarty bonus, every league of every participant gets it

So it wasn't their first team? I also had them as part of an acca - only game that lost too. Alas, I didn't lose as much as you by a long way!

Quote Originally Posted by G B Young View Post
    Celtic are some unit under Rodgers. I could see them having another unbeaten domestic league season, although the Champions League might deflect their attentions.

Don't see how they need McGinn at present. I'm pretty confident he'll be with us for the season.
    Only set to get stronger as well. Looks like Patrick Roberts is going to go back and now that they are in the Champs League probably have the funds for A.N Other with plenty left over. They also have 2 centre halves and Dembele to come back then it doesn't look too good for everyone else!!

SJM would possibly only go if they sold Armstrong.

If they sell Dembele they'll get crazy money and replace at a fraction of what they get in. They've got a great scouting system by the looks of things and are speculating to accumulate somewhat.

I actually think they were just farting about until the Zombies got into the top league just saving up the cash. Now they're up there, Celtic are flexing their financial muscles and basically ****ting all over Scottish football.

I'm hoping Hibs are trying to recreate the "Celtic model" somewhat but thats another thread!

Quote Originally Posted by sambajustice View Post
    Only set to get stronger as well. Looks like Patrick Roberts is going to go back and now that they are in the Champs League probably have the funds for A.N Other with plenty left over. They also have 2 centre halves and Dembele to come back then it doesn't look too good for everyone else!!

SJM would possibly only go if they sold Armstrong.

If they sell Dembele they'll get crazy money and replace at a fraction of what they get in. They've got a great scouting system by the looks of things and are speculating to accumulate somewhat.

I actually think they were just farting about until the Zombies got into the top league just saving up the cash. Now they're up there, Celtic are flexing their financial muscles and basically ****ting all over Scottish football.

I'm hoping Hibs are trying to recreate the "Celtic model" somewhat but thats another thread!
    How good was super Leigh. I thought he was frighteningly good and I'm not sure dembele will get his place back for a while. Glad he's doing so well and if we can only build a team around him for the national team. His lay offs for the 3Rd and 4th goals were sublime and his movement phenomenonal. Mind you will he outscore our super Simon. Probably but will be a lot closer than anybody could have imagined at the start of the season.