hibs.net Messageboard

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Left by mutual consent!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleeping Scouse View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    CCTV won't stop them!
    CCTV pic on BBC online and in the next match day programme will shame the see you next Tuesday, course it will.

2. Log in to remove the advert

@hibs.net private member Scouse Hibee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    CCTV pic on BBC online and in the next match day programme will shame the see you next Tuesday, course it will.
    Sorry mate but you have no idea of how these folk think or how they live. They couldn't care less about CCTV, it is no deterrent at all to people who commit these offences trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by Sean1875 View Post
    18 Hibs tops **** sake.

Hope anyone that gets offered any tops on the cheap is sensible enough to turn it down and report them. ****my *******s.
    Sadly there are too many willing to buy stolen goods

Quote Originally Posted by Joe6-2 View Post
    Sadly there are too many willing to buy stolen goods
    Yes that and the fact that there is no real punishment for the odd occasion they are caught anyway. Repeat known offenders hit shops everyday, many of them are known to Police and Security staff but it doesn'the stop them. The CCTV may well be useful as evidence if they are ever caught but there simply isn't the resources to pursue them all and they know it. Occupational hazard if they get caught the odd one in twenty or more thefts.

@hibs.net private member
    Quote Originally Posted by blackpoolhibs View Post
    Anyone know the whereabouts of a Gary O'Connor when this was going on?
    Too far.

@hibs.net private member blackpoolhibs's Avatar
    Sorry mate but you have no idea of how these folk think or how they live. They couldn't care less about CCTV, it is no deterrent at all to people who commit these offences trust me.
    I'm not really bothered how these folk think, CCTV pictures of these people will give us a better chance of finding them.

It would also bring about a more than realistic chance of someone recognising them, and perhaps a little retribution that they might not expect if arrested by the police if you catch my drift?

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    It said in the EEN article that the thieves escaped in a Renault car which is maybe to be expected given there are thousands of missing SEATs in Gorgie.

Very sad situation. Hope these morons are caught.

@hibs.net private member snooky's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KingDomofFife84 View Post
    Very sad situation. Hope these morons are caught.
    That's awfi' close to 'maroon', BTW.

Quote Originally Posted by snooky View Post
    That's awfi' close to 'maroon', BTW.
    Lol. I can see how it would be tempting for a Jambo to steal Hibs gear.

Left by mutual consent!
    Fair play man. Shanner then.

Left by mutual consent!
    I'm not really bothered how these folk think, CCTV pictures of these people will give us a better chance of finding them.

It would also bring about a more than realistic chance of someone recognising them, and perhaps a little retribution that they might not expect if arrested by the police if you catch my drift?
    That's what I was thinking/hoping for too.

Having previously worked in the game for ten years I certainly do catch your drift as I hate the thieving ******* with a passion. However I was replying to feeling that CCTV might have prevented it and protected the stock which it wouldn't do. Then you have the fact that unlike in England there is hardly ever a cctv release relating to shoplifting by the Police and the club wouldn't be allowed to release it. The best retribution we can wish for is that any decent Hibee offered a shirt takes appropriate action.

Quote Originally Posted by oneone73 View Post
    Too far.
    You mean he didnae get too far

Promising Youngster
    [QUOTE=mutley;5143985]Now, I have to ask, where we're the staff when this happened. When it's busy on March day there is Security, and if it was quiet, how can you not see someone walking out with 18 tops? Shoplifting happens, and I know there are "pros" at it, but surely taking 18 off the racks and walking out is a tad obvious.

Hope they catch the perpetrator and prosecute

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatal

That's harsh. Much as I love Hibs and am totally disgusted with theft from our club, my daughter works in shop. The theft was obviously planned and organised and I would not want her to come to any harm trying to stop thieves who could be armed or violent.

@hibs.net private member barcahibs's Avatar
    I worked in a shop (not the Hibs shop) and I can say now there is no chance I'd have challenged a shoplifter - not for what I was getting paid.

Friend of mine, way back in the day, had the job of filling up cash machines late at night. His explicit instructions if he were ever to be robbed were to smile and hand over the money. If a couple of grand of banknotes aren't worth someone's wellbeing then a few football tops definitely aren't.

Anyhow, I suspect someone out there will have some relevant information. Hopefully they hand it over to the police.

@hibs.net private member givescotlandfreedom's Avatar
    [QUOTE=HIBEELASS;5144204]
    Quote Originally Posted by mutley View Post
    Now, I have to ask, where we're the staff when this happened. When it's busy on March day there is Security, and if it was quiet, how can you not see someone walking out with 18 tops? Shoplifting happens, and I know there are "pros" at it, but surely taking 18 off the racks and walking out is a tad obvious.

That's harsh. Much as I love Hibs and am totally disgusted with theft from our club, my daughter works in shop. The theft was obviously planned and organised and I would not want her to come to any harm trying to stop thieves who could be armed or violent.
    I've no personal connection to staff working there but agree it's not worth them getting a hiding or worse over it.

[QUOTE=HIBEELASS;5144204]
    Quote Originally Posted by mutley View Post
    Now, I have to ask, where we're the staff when this happened. When it's busy on March day there is Security, and if it was quiet, how can you not see someone walking out with 18 tops? Shoplifting happens, and I know there are "pros" at it, but surely taking 18 off the racks and walking out is a tad obvious.

Does the shop have spy cameras?
    Maybe the shop needs to employ full time security,not just on matchdays.
    I would not expect counter staff to be chasing shoplifters.

As for it being "planned and organised"
    Well they obviously planned to rob the store, but were not very organised.
    The thief was spotted and the getaway, according to reports,nearly resulted in injury to passengers of another car the thieves collided with.
    I think they will be caught, if the car belonged to them ( and not stolen)
    The police will be taking the getaway and collision more serious than the theft.
    The make of the car is known.
    So any camera footage caught in surrounding streets should be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Firestarter View Post
    The staff shouldn't have to challenge them it's well beyond their job description. Why there's no cctv internally securing the shop is mental though.
    I'd imagine cctv will be installed shortly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left by mutual consent!
    Gamer IDs

PSN ID: wilson1875
    Only a jambo would do this especially the now

Quote Originally Posted by Hfcwilson3192 View Post
    Only a jambo would do this especially the now
    I sadly suspect you're wrong on that one. Thieving *******s follow all football clubs, including our own.

Might not even have been a football fan, just someone out to make a quick buck.

@hibs.net private member HibeeMassive's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLA View Post
    I'd imagine cctv will be installed shortly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Pretty sure they do have CCTV already. Used to know someone who worked in the shop and was shown a still image of someone who had been caught on camera stealing from the shop, so am guessing it came from shop CCTV.

He looked very like someone we knew, which is why I was shown it - but thankfully it wasn't

@hibs.net private member erin go bragh's Avatar
    Did they get any xl ? :) I blame Miss Dempster . This would never had happened under Butcher . You couldn't give the tops away under that incumbent.
    Theives will steal anything they can sell unfortunately.
    Would hope the theif is not s Hibby .
    SCOTTISH CUP WINNERS 2016
    GGTTH

First Team Breakthrough Coults1875's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by erin go bragh View Post
    Did they get any xl ? :) I blame Miss Dempster . This would never had happened under Butcher . You couldn't give the tops away under that incumbent.
    Theives will steal anything they can sell unfortunately.
    Would hope the theif is not s Hibby .
    Apparently they got all the XLs Just been told it will be mid September before any XL stock is back in. Wouldn't be so bothered had i been informed but i had to ask the store whats going on with my order after they took the payment without any hassle. Think they are playing this theft card to cover up a blunder elsewhere considering the high demand for the away top especially.

Quote Originally Posted by Coults1875 View Post
    Apparently they got all the XLs Just been told it will be mid September before any XL stock is back in. Wouldn't be so bothered had i been informed but i had to ask the store whats going on with my order after they took the payment without any hassle. Think they are playing this theft card to cover up a blunder elsewhere considering the high demand for the away top especially.

I am sure that comment was made in jest.
    The police are investigating not only the theft but a "hit and run" incident during the getaway.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick O'Rourke View Post
    [/B]
    I am sure that comment was made in jest.
    The police are investigating not only the theft but a "hit and run" incident during the getaway.
    Nope, regardless if it is a hit and run or not (hope no one is hurt!) surely a shop in which its sole reason for being is to sell hibs merchandise should be able to restock their main key sales item - strips! In the running up to the release of this top they issued statements advising us of expected high demand etc etc so if they knew about this then surely a plan should have been in place to combat it even after the initial sales hit?

Jees XL,s nicked. Thats 50% of our support XXL is 30% doesnae really leave any of us anything

Nope, regardless if it is a hit and run or not (hope no one is hurt!) surely a shop in which its sole reason for being is to sell hibs merchandise should be able to restock their main key sales item - strips! In the running up to the release of this top they issued statements advising us of expected high demand etc etc so if they knew about this then surely a plan should have been in place to combat it even after the initial sales hit?
    Hold yer horses
    You suggested the robbery was made up because your size of strip was not available.

Medium does me .

I keep fit !!

Or am just a skinny b#gger;-)

PS
    I hope you get your big top before the nexty home game!!
    Last edited by Mick O'Rourke; 21-08-2017 at 06:04 PM.

@hibs.net private member
    I was in the day after the theft and they have quite a few xl's. They weren't all stolen. XL was the smallest size they had that day.
    No cover up but a theft. Can't believe it would even be suggested.

Quote Originally Posted by Mick O'Rourke View Post
    Hold yer horses
    You suggested the robbery was made up because your size of strip was not available.

Medium does me .

I keep fit !!

Or am just a skinny b#gger;-)

PS
    I hope you get your big top before the nexty home game!!
    Never once said it was made up. Just said they are using it to their full advantage. Good for you being fit and a medium, unfortunately for me you can still be fit and an XL! Yeah hopefully, it's my own fault for not buying it on the release day but hey ho will learn for next time!